IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Computerbob

I took Danielle's new Yamaha FZ8 up to the dealership to get it lowered for her yesterday. She was finally able to ride it last night. We rode around the neighborhood for a little bit while she got used to the throttle since this bike has easily 2-3 times more power than any bike she's ever ridden. Then, we headed out to the main road and an area where she can 'get on it' all the while I'm on the radio begging her to take it easy and keep it under 5k RPM.

I can hear her giggling over the radio when she feels the power and getting upset anytime someone pulls out in front of her. Finally, we get to a spot where it's safe and I tell her, "OK, you're at 6k RPM doing 50 just flick your wrist and pass that guy." And BOOM! There she goes right around that car like it wasn't even there.

I think I've created a monster.

Lone_RT_rider

I did something yesterday I have'nt done in almost a year. I got up early (I know, hard to believe Ken) and headed up to the Pisgah Inn for breakfast. I was stand up at 7:30 AM and enjoying the relatively low temps for the summertime in the Carolina's. It was 68 degrees before I started climbing in elevation and never got any warmer. As a matter of fact, as I rode the stretch of 276 between Brevard and the Blue Ridge Parkway I saw 57 degrees on the bikes dashboard.

So when I showed up around 9 AM there was only one other bike in the lot and a ton of minivans. Somehow, my bike must have had some sort of attractive qualities (it isn't a GS, so it's possible) because after breakfast I came back out to find this.

SDC12736-XL.jpg

They were of course nice enough to leave me enough room to get out, but I scouted a couple of the bikes close to mine and found a K12LT that seem to like to optimize their tire life.

SDC12737-XL.jpg

The air was crisp but still a bit hazy yesterday, but not so much to not afford some typically amazing views for 5,000 feet on the BRP. I took a few minutes to take some pics from one of the overlooks and then headed home. Other than one close call with Bambis sisters-brothers-uncles-cousins-bastardstepchildren, it was a fairly good and stress free ride home. :)

A special thanks to one of Brevard's finest for being lazy on the Brevard bypass. :thumbsup:

Some pics from the Parkway.... :)

SDC12739-XL.jpg

SDC12740-XL.jpg

SDC12744-XL.jpg

SDC12747-XL.jpg

SDC12742-XL.jpg

SDC12743-XL.jpg

It was a good day, but the Pisgan Inn for breakfast is never as good without my BMWST.com friends. Miss y'all :wave:

So it is possible that Shawn is up in time for breakfast :clap:

Now, if I just get you up in time to see the sunrise as you pull onto the BRP :wave:

And it begins innocently enough. "I think I'll try just this one dirt road" We got another one boys! :grin:

Nice Glenn! :thumbsup:

Pat

Joe and Pat, thanks for the feedback, it was a nice day and I will be going back.

As far as going the GS route, I will have two kids in college in the fall, and a paid for RT. I don't see a GS in my future. Now that WR250 being discussed in another thread, maybe... :)

Lone_RT_rider
The GS for RT thing happens all the time. You know you want to Glenn. LOL

And tune in a few years from now and see what the next big thing is so you too can be told "all the cool kids are doing it" :rofl:

And tune in a few years from now and see what the next big thing is so you too can be told "all the cool kids are doing it" :rofl:

Like buying corvettes in your 40s?

Lone_RT_rider

Like buying corvettes in your 40s?

Not even close. Nice try though. I don't believe I have seen a ton of people posting "Look at me, I bought a Corvette so I can be just like the rest of you". As a matter of fact, it has kind of made me the odd man out at my office. Apparently the 20 and 30 somethings I work with can't seem to understand why I would by a Corvette when I could be like them and get a perfectly good (ha!) Honda, Subaru or something German.

This is like asking an old farmer why he still uses a horse to plow his field.

He says "Well, those new fangled contraptions won't last"

An old carpenter said he wasn't going to use a nail gun, he was perfectly fine with his hammer. A few years later, he was not working because one guy with a nail gun could do what took him a week to do.

You don't need a GS, just a horse and hammer.

To answer the question, traded the RT for a GSA & then some. Not because all the cool kids are doing it, just because I wanted to.

Lone_RT_rider

SDC12740-XL.jpg

Man, if that thing had some black powder coat, it'd look really cool. Be faster, too. :grin:

Nah, someone much more creative than I am has already been there, done that. :) I would just be a copy-cat then. :grin:

Rode the GSA to work today. Man, what a hoot! :thumbsup:

Yeah, that was a cheshire cat grin in your helmet when I saw you...

Rode to church & then to Harbor Freight in Orange Park to return a tool I rode over there to buy yesterday that I didn't need.

Am I looking for excuses to ride this beast or what? :Cool:

I then covered it & the Sherco to minimize the dust from tomorrow's tile work.

In case you missed it, link . Scroll down a half page & you'll understand.

Also patched a crack in the Sherco tank. I hope. We'll see what the next couple of days reveal.

Edited by Huzband

Rode the 1 north of SF. Lunch at the Marshall store. Yum, mussels. Kinda chilly tho...58-62 today on the coast. :thumbsup:

Rode the 1 north of SF. Lunch at the Marshall store. Yum, mussels. Kinda chilly tho...58-62 today on the coast. :thumbsup:

90 here today with just short of 100 percent humidity, so I don't want to hear it. :grin:

95 miles of Boulder County, CO canyons and curves with Caddis. Lunch on Lyons. A good little ride.

I lived in Denver for a couple years in the eighties. I envy you two.

Went out for a short loop ride with a former coworker on her Honda Rebel. Kept it simple, both on roads and communication.

She seemed very happy about how it all went, I was very stressed never having done this before. She got to ride some nice roads she had never seen before, right in her backyard, so that was cool.

Computerbob

Took the GS out for a ride to make sure it's ready for the trip up to the UN. Glad I did because apparently I either didn't tighten the bolts all the way on the engine guard or some magical fairies flew in and loosened them up during the ride today. I'm going to go with the fairies. I'd heard a rattling noise and thought to myself, "That can't be my bike making that noise... can it?" Then I heard the distinctive PING you hear when something metal flies off and hits the pavement at 70mph. I pulled over and looked the bike over and figured out pretty quickly what was missing. It took us another half hour to backtrack and find the bracket on the side of the road. I'd actually already given up and decided I was going to have to buy a new one when Danielle found it in the grass.

On a happier note, the contraption that I rigged for drinking was a success. I mounted a small 1 gallon cooler on the passenger peg and routed a camelback style drinking hose to it. Now I don't have to wear a camelback, but still get to drink without stopping.

...but still get to drink without stopping.

Can't help thinking that the next "upgrade" will another hose connected to a container on the other passenger peg, so you can "pee without stopping" :/

Yup, called the EZ Leaker. Googled it but not much on it today, seems I remember some talk about it a few years back. Basically a condom catheter with a catch bag or not. I'd imagine you'd piss off a few people passing them on the interstate if ya went with the not. :eek:

Leads us to a good but weird question. IBR guys/gals, do they use something like this or adult diapers?

Pat

54K service, TB sync in the middle, and valve clearances within specs. Still have not bought a shim but I did burn my arm.

Since its an RT, I'll give it a good wash tomorrow morning.

Today I finished getting my RT ready for the trip to Iowa.

Thanks to HeyFrank for helping with the belt change and for letting me use his garage and Custom Manometer!

She's running smooth as silk now! Just needs a bath... :grin:

102 F when I left Newhall... :Cool:

Nothing today..but going to look at a 2004 GS tomorrow! What is it about me and 04 R bikes?? It's like they find me.

terryofperry

Son and I retrieved the Georgia Tag from here:

P1040532800x600.jpg

Placed it here:

P1040560800x600-gps.jpg

Good day on the bike, rain and all.

Terry

Washed all the UnRally mud and dirt of the bike. Tomorrow I will try to replace the front slick tire with one with treads in preparation of the rainy season. :wave:

Happy Birthday present to you...

:lurk:

Opened Motolight to replace burned out (or so I thought) bulb.

Found power lead end cracked/broken so ordered new one.

Should be here Monday.

SteveHebert

Back-backrest, elf pegs and 2 sets of peg lowering kits purchased. Sitting in thr garage waiting for me to come home next month.

Bought an '04 GS!

We got another one, Matt. :Cool:

Happy birthday btw.

Thanks! I been wanting GS for a long time. Finally the right timing/deal came along. Looking forward to picking the brains of all the GS'ers to get mine just right.

Bought an '04 GS!

Happy birthday btw.

:clap:

Today ive just dreamed about my GS. And thought about all the stuff i wanna buy for her. So much for saving gas money. When are y'all Deep South 'ers coming north?

Matts_12GS
Bought an '04 GS!

Happy birthday btw.

:clap:

Today ive just dreamed about my GS. And thought about all the stuff i wanna buy for her. So much for saving gas money. When are y'all Deep South 'ers coming north?

Next weekend if the stars align...

Paul In Australia

A wonderful jaunt down the coast and along the riverbanks. Big steak in the pub tonight and then more hills and sweepers tomorrow.

Fun

Regards

Paul

Sounds like you got some time off Paul.

Lucky men :-)

Me

I will be picking up my wife at 20:00 in Port Macquarie at her work and follow her home.

She is on her own bike and it's her 1st run since I finished fixing her bike from our oldest son who stacked it.

I still have to install the new HID sets in my 1200RT but at the moment too much to do around the house...dammm

Ayuh, about to roll her from the barn in search of lobstah, chowdah and a lighthouse. :grin::thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and maybe a State sign! :Cool:

Pat

Edited by TEWKS
mini tech day and BBQ session with ComputerBob and Huzband.

Hmm, I seem to remember it differently. ;)

Edited by Huzband
Lone_RT_rider

What? Matt redefining something and trying to sell it as something different? Nooooooo..... ;)

What? Matt redefining something and trying to sell it as something different? Nooooooo..... ;)

Nothing near as fun as that. I think Matt or Bob put something on FB yesterday. A little story about me, a dog, & the ER. :P

Computerbob

Nothing near as fun as that. I think Matt or Bob put something on FB yesterday. A little story about me, a dog, & the ER. :P

"Someone brought a human to a dog fight, and the human lost."

When I showed up to Danny's house with a 6 pack and a bike that needed work, there was nobody around, blood on the garage floor and a half open door to the inside of the house with a dog barking at me quite upset that I was there by myself.

Apparently, I'm glad I slept in and got there late so I could miss all that fun.