IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Rode from cambria to malibu on the 1. Highest temp was 68. Had my gerbings on but not plugged in. Lunch at neptunes nest surrounded by 20 HD's who ignored the GS and me. Then east to pomona and the temp quickly climbed to 97. Welcome back to reality!

Tim, fog on the coast so no pics.

Rode from cambria to malibu on the 1. Highest temp was 68. Had my gerbings on but not plugged in. Lunch at neptunes nest surrounded by 20 HD's who ignored the GS and me. Then east to pomona and the temp quickly climbed to 97. Welcome back to reality!

Tim, fog on the coast so no pics.

:thumbsup:

Don't worry that picture taking is so overrated.

Lunch at neptunes nest surrounded by 20 HD's who ignored the GS and me.

Probably just showing a little respect to one cool cat! ;)

cat-walks-by-attack-dogs.jpg

Pat

Firefight911
You are all making me jealous. 6 days post left foot surgery to repair a torn plantar plate so I'm not doing any riding for a while.

Fall out the truck again did ya? :rofl:

You're funny! It could easily be true but not this time. Something about a crazy goal of 1500 miles running this year along with a couple half marathons, several other distance runs, and the culmination of everything to lead in to the California International Marathon in December. Over trained, over used, all pain is good pain, and BLAMO torn plantar plate requiring surgery with three pins to repair along with breaking a toe and shortening it to modify the forces to the ball of my foot. Just a walk in the park Kozansky!

How'd I miss what you did?

roadscholar

I can...for reference,here is a shot from 2011 in the same place zoomed in quite a bit.If you look close there is a rider halfway up that track

I remember that, your pics are what made me want to go up there. :thumbsup:

Lunch at neptunes nest surrounded by 20 HD's who ignored the GS and me.

Probably just showing a little respect to one cool cat! ;)

cat-walks-by-attack-dogs.jpg

Pat

Pat, that is a classic pic. Those dogs are very well trained.

Edited by Marty Hill

How'd I miss what you did?

Like you, I didn't advertise it. We aren't as tough as we once were don't ya know. :P

A very special day. Followed Nora and Vlad down the Snake to the Rock Store. Spent some time with Vern, the owner who is a wonderful lady.

Then on to Malibu for lunch at the Reel Inn which was recommended by my daughter Kathryn. Ended with a multi mile split session on the 210. I'm beat so it's time for pizza and wine.

A pic will be added in a bit.

terryofperry

Went to a goat show, yep a goat show, the long way.

Started a little foggy, felt great.

P1040856800x600.jpg

Ken did NOT do the routing.

P1040860800x600.jpg

Stopped to place a Georgia Tag

P1040885800x600.jpg

And another tag.

P1040903800x600.jpg

P1040913800x600.jpg

Another

P1040920800x600.jpg

Nice architecture

P1040928800x600.jpg

P1040926800x600.jpg

Lane split

P1040931800x600.jpg

Motley crue

P1040930800x600.jpg

Guest of Honor.

P1040929800x600.jpg

P1040894800x600.jpg

Typical south Ga curve.

P1040878800x600.jpg

Terry

Had an impromptu GS tech day at my house yesterday.

Computer Bob learning how to change FD fluid.

Picture%20035-L.jpg

How many BMWST members does it take to do a brake flush? Apparently all of them. :Cool:

Picture%20039-L.jpg

Being the nice fellers we are, we even tolerated an Oilhead interloper. :grin:

Picture%20036-L.jpg

But they all had an ulterior motive for being here. Matt's yard buzzard & my baby backs.

Picture%20040-L.jpg

Carvin' it up here, boss.

Picture%20041-L.jpg

They seem happy don't they? Notice who's plate is empty. :P

Picture%20042-L.jpg

I heard the ribs were good, but they disappeared so fast I don't think anyone tasted them. So I figured I'd do it again today for The Wife & daughter.

Picture%20043-L.jpg

We enjoyed having everyone, & was glad most got all their work done successfully.

Oh, what did I do to my bike? Not much. With Bernie's help it got stripped clean & the HID headlight installed. But as hot as it was, that was enough.

Hi Pete.

:wave:

Did someone collect your back dues?

If not you can drop them off with me.

;)

Looks like a good time.

Hi Pete.

:wave:

Did someone collect your back dues?

If not you can drop them off with me.

;)

Looks like a good time.

HAHAHA!!! Thanks Tim, but I squared all my debt up with Danny and Matt! And by good time, you mean Danny, Bernie, and Matt saving two years worth of bustin my stones and craming them into one afternoon as a good time, then yeah, it was a good time! LOL!

How many BMWST members does it take to do a brake flush? Apparently all of them. :Cool:

Picture%20039-L.jpg

Plus one on the phone! :grin:

Forgot about that one. :rofl:

I think white is his spring color! ;) Great pic Marty! :thumbsup:

I re-upped my SIRIUS satellite radio on the GT in prep for my NC departure next Sat. smiley-dance005.gif

Pat

Pat, you coming this way?

Snowshoe WV. after a few days in Little Switzerland NC. Sunday, Monday and maybe Tuesday nights at the Inn. Swing in, I owe you a dinner! :thumbsup:

Pat

Picture%20039-L.jpg

Thank you Chris for helping out, it had Matt stomped for a second or two.

Snowshoe WV. after a few days in Little Switzerland NC. Sunday, Monday and maybe Tuesday nights at the Inn. Swing in, I owe you a dinner! :thumbsup:

Pat

Hope I can catch you while you're down. I'm planning to hit the RCR for a one day blast on Saturday.

Hope I can catch you while you're down. I'm planning to hit the RCR for a one day blast on Saturday.

Hope so, will be looking for ya! :thumbsup:

Pat

Pat

Forgot about snowshoe. I'm staying east next year so hope to make the next one.

Riding on the Snake to the Rock Store.

ZAK_8114.jpg

Hey... That's not the Snake!

Good to see you avoided mayhem on the hiway :grin:

Hey Eric, yeah it was after we left the Rock Store. Rode the Snake coming in.

I was following and had no idea where I was till Nora and Vlad told me. :dopeslap:

Wrong photographer..

Here you are on the Snake heading down to the Rock Store.

I try to hit the Snake at least a few times a month on the peddle bike so I know the area well.

Looking good Marty, regardless of the road.

Bernie and I used the gs-911 today to read codes, reset the service reminder, and check other goodies like battery condition, charging rate, stepper motors, ox sensors, etc. That gizmo sure does give you a lot of data.

Took the front wheel off to mount a new PR3. The last one did 15K and its time's up.

54K service and the valves are still within spec and I have not had to adjust the TBS in quite a while.

Bill

With Matts great help this past week, especially yesterday, I finally almost finished installing the farkles from the RT today. Put it all back together & went for a ride.

Picture%20050-L.jpg

Had to do some pokin' around.

Picture%20053-L.jpg

And of course I had to unleash the hooligan in me. :Cool:

Picture%20054-L.jpg

It were a good day.

Dean Wirsing

I replaced the leftside headlamp on my 07RT today. My right side went out a couple thousand miles ago. The left side was 10 times easier - not a single scrape on my hand. Not sure if this was because I had done one already, or there is more room to access.

Anyway, I was very pleased that the job was quick and easy!

Dean

Replaced my rear tire today, my old one had too many holes from the UnRally. Multiple plugs would not hold any more.

For sale used tire with extra ventilation, make offer. :rofl:

He was out of town last night, i'll see if he's around tonight. :thumbsup: Matt, was he the gent that crashed his bike while we were here?

Held

RCR089_zpsd8556f9d.jpg

Mount Mitchell

RCR100_zps88a4f421.jpg

Pat

Pat, Gary is the owner of the hotel.

IIRC, the older gent that crashed, his name escapes me but he is usually in the gift shop/art gallery there on the property.

IIRC, the older gent that crashed, his name escapes me but he is usually in the gift shop/art gallery there on the property.

The older gent's name is Craig. When having a late lunch back in May I was told he only works very parttime now (perhaps 1-2 days a week).

The older gent's name is Craig. When having a late lunch back in May I was told he only works very parttime now (perhaps 1-2 days a week).

He is Craig Whitfill and they told me he has moved back to eastern NC.

Bill

Thanks guys! I cleared up my own confusion last night when I met Gary. Very nice guy and was really appreciative of the groups stay at the Inn. :thumbsup:

In Asheville Today!

RCR121_zps041b49ff.jpg

Pat

With my RS gone, I cheated on my airhead and gawked at brand new Vstrom 650 Adventure. With all mfg and dealer incentives, $8400. I'm going to test ride it tomorrow. The riding position felt real nice and I only hear good things about these Vstroms.

2%20-%202012VStrom650%20Adventure2.jpg

Edited by flat_twin