IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Sorry I couldn't make it. My oldest niece was getting married down in San Clemente. Gorgeous setting on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Lovely, simple ceremony. Incredible catering and we danced until they kicked us out.

Sorry I couldn't make it. My oldest niece was getting married down in San Clemente. Gorgeous setting on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Lovely, simple ceremony. Incredible catering and we danced until they kicked us out.

We missed you Fernando but we had a great time! Marty got off at o dark thirty this morning ( but not 3 o'clock like some crazy folks do) :grin:

Spent 45 minutes in a culvert with 2 other riders. Lightning strikes all around. Water rushed into the culvert so we got out and hoped. After another 10 minutes the lightning stopped and I rode off in heavy rain.

Got to flagstaff a bit soggy. Had a great Italian dinner with red wine. All ended well.

Spent 45 minutes in a culvert with 2 other riders. Lightning strikes all around.

Hope ya shot it the one fingered salute! :grin: Ride safe Marty! :thumbsup:

Pat

Rode my RT up to Courtwright Reservoir located eastern Fresno County. The vista up there consists of enormous plutons. Nice cool air temps in the high elevations. Made plans for a 3 day ride next week with of the several locals I rode with today. Only 3000 more miles and I can get my 100,000 mile badge. :thumbsup: That with 3 bucks will get me a latte.

Pat, you know I did. :grin: Today a lousy 350 miles in rain and fog. Sitting in ABQ waiting for a tire. More rain tomorrow/this is fun? Getting paid back for all the great wx I usually see. :dopeslap:

Another 320 miles in heavy rain. Then the sun came out. :grin: In Texas now to visit the Aviation Museum at Love field. Going to visit my old Tiger Moth.

Pic will follow.

Well, it was a rented scooter on the Italian island of Ischia with a goofy white helmet and all the protection shorts can offer. After not being on motorized wheels since April it was heaven. I have a picture but it may have broke the camera.

Tim, your right of course. It was built in 1940 so compared to me it is a youngster. Kind sad to see it in the museum/should be out flying. Pics. tomorrow when daughter has a moment. I'm still on the road.

Steve, your right of course but I'll take a large coffee next time. :dopeslap:

Finally able to assess damage to the bike from last months fall. More than surface scratches, twenty three hundred & change.

Riding it home doesn't mean it ain't bent. :P

Edited by Huzband

Hurt my back in the beginning of last week. Finally went to the doctor on Monday to find out I have sciatica problems. Spent all week taking pain pills and muscle relaxers. Took a ride around the neighborhood last night to see if I'm up to the task and felt pretty good. Not 100%, but getting there. I'll be back in the saddle in time for the FART, I'm sure of it.

Replaced the parking lights, both of them, on the RT. They've been out for a couple of weeks. The alarm icon on the screen was annoying. It wasn't that hard. Why couldn't the head lights be that easy?

Finally able to assess damage to the bike from last months fall. More than surface scratches, twenty three hundred & change.

Riding it home doesn't mean it ain't bent. :P

BTDT

:(

But, nothing time and $$$ can't fix.

:thumbsup:

Rode both into and with the wind...

Lunch at Primanti Brothers Pittsburgh Pa., with good friend... Yea 400 miles lunch and coffee, I guess that what we do - lunch and coffee runs. Love that GSA more every time I ride it.

Have some great pics, but man we have go to do something about making it easier and convenient to post - it a war with the world every time I try to post pics... Oh well - had a blast on this awesome Saturday; hope y'all did as well :--)

Lunch at Primanti Brothers Pittsburgh Pa., with good friend... Yea 400 miles lunch and coffee, I guess that what we do - lunch and coffee runs. Love that GSA more every time I ride it.

Have some great pics, but man we have go to do something about making it easier and convenient to post - it a war with the world every time I try to post pics... Oh well - had a blast on this awesome Saturday; hope y'all did as well :--)

Posting pics here is pretty ease IMO. Click the photo link, paste the location and then post.Not sure what the war is about?

Lots of folks here that would be happy to help. :wave:

I have done most all of the services over the 57K miles on my K1200RS with the help of my local BMWBMW club at one of our every other month Tech days. However, short on time and decided to drop it off at a wonderful independent BMW repair shop, Beemers Uber Alles, in Manassas, VA. George has a wonderful reputation for his ability to diagnose and solve problems and repair any model or year BMW and he has sponsored our Tech days at his shop on several occassions.

New brake lines, fuel disconnects, and hand grips. Engine, drive shaft, gear oil changes/valve adjustment if necessary/air filter/etc.

Will pick up the bike and head to the BMWST FART next week. This fall will take all bodywork for minor repairs and new paint job (will stay with black).

Should be good to go for my planned spring '14 BMWST east coast event, Unrally XIII, and fall Torrey! :thumbsup:

Paul In Australia

Had the 10000km service completed including first year complete braking system flush. Independent BMW cert guy who impresses me.

Regards

Too tall for you.

When should I come pick it up?

:wave:

Come on up and take her for a couple months while I am gone. Now is the chance.

Took my first ride on it today just around town. What a blast! It is so simple and light as heck. Should be a fun relationship.

Rode to work this morning.......40 degrees out when I rolled out of the garage this morning with a high of 70ish this afternoon. Man I love riding this time of year. I can't wait for the ride home. Might be forced to take the long way.

Rode to work this morning.......40 degrees out when I rolled out of the garage this morning with a high of 70ish this afternoon. Man I love riding this time of year. I can't wait for the ride home. Might be forced to take the long way.

Same here! Our spate of monsoons have just ushered in a tasty dose of fall weather. As I parked the bike bike this morning I was already thinking about the ride home. My favorite time of year!

Today was my "first" long ride on the R1200ST. I had a business meeting in Austin so I planned the day with the bike in mind. So I packed up the backpack (took too much, way to heavy) and hit the road. Went east on highway 87 from Comfort Texas to Fredericksburg, then took highway 290 to Austin. It was brisk (60F) and clear so the ride was AWESOME. BUT, forgot my sunglasses so I had the sun in my face, and the cool temps kept fogging up my visor. On the way back after the meeting, I was diverted with bad traffic so I hit the toll road between Austin and San Antonio, and opened her up. Speed limit is 85 and lets say I was at 85 + 35 to see what she had in her. No issues and she ran like a dream. 90 was the average for almost an hour and not a hiccup. The toll road dropped me off on the south side of San Antonio and I had a long North run on I-10 to get back to Boerne. Things I learned today:

1. I have maximum endurance level of 2 hours. To bad I road for 2.5 hours today. The last .5 was hell.

2. I need to install my face plate thing to keep me from fogging up.

3. leather jacket is too hot when it is 95F outside.

4. This monster gobbles up the gas at 95mph

5. .5 quarts is the difference in not seeing oil in the site gauge and having it to the middle.

So that is my first "long" run on the bike. All things considered it went well. I need to upgrade my summer riding gear. I really got hot and tired.

Rich

:thumbsup: Wow that about sums up the riding I've been having the past week. If I take the long route, I'm likely to never get to work.

".5 quarts is the difference in not seeing oil in the site gauge and having it to the middle"

Adding 16 ounces of oil means something wasn't right to begin with.

Or bad oil leak.

Or, wrong tune doing the oil dance.

Be careful.

Best wishes.

Aired up the tires & rode to the CADS meeting. Nice to have the wind in my face again after seven long weeks. :Cool:

Confused?

Have you been wearing a helmet off the bike and therefore felt no wind in your face?

Or rode w/out a helmet?

:P

Good news, have fun.

what I can guess that happened, is that Lone Star, when they serviced my bike before I purchased it, didn't "top off" the oil.(not throwing rocks at them, just stating my opinion) There was no oil in the site glass when I checked it after I got the bike home (check when warm, after a long ride, after 5 minutes, on the center stand)BUT my ground was not level, so I checked it again when I rode out to Fredericksburg and again no oil in the site glass. I added the .5 quarts and it came up to the middle of the site glass. I added it slowly and watched the glass to make sure I didn't overfill.

Checked again yesterday after a nice ride and it still is mid glass. So no issues with the bike. It was "human error" as far as I am concerned.

".5 quarts is the difference in not seeing oil in the site gauge and having it to the middle"

Adding 16 ounces of oil means something wasn't right to begin with.

Or bad oil leak.

Or, wrong tune doing the oil dance.

Be careful.

Best wishes.

I spent Saturday chasing a buddy on his '75 750 Airhead through the hills of western Connecticut with a 3 hour stop at the annual CT. Antique Machinery show in Kent. A great day for two of my favorites, riding and antique machinery!

Took a ride on Friday to Tucson to see my son and his wife. Kind of went out of my way...

Screenshot_2013-09-27-21-27-31-L.png

Of course I yelled as I went by. Fortunately my chute didn't open.

Geronimo%20%28Large%29-L.jpg

Edited by MacGruber

Afternoon all,

I bought the bike a H/F motorcycle lift today. I really hope it enjoys it, I know my back will.

By the way, I believe today is the last day of the half price sale (at least for the time being). Just in case there are other RT's out there that might like to own a lift.

Ron

Spent the day yesterday working at Morton's BMW's Oktoberfest. Enjoyed talking to people about bikes and selling used bikes. Great time had by all.