IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Rode by a guy pushing a Kawi on the street. Gas Station a few blocks down and on an angled camber to get there. As I passed, I asked OK? I whipped around and offered some gas from my MSR bottle. He took about a pint but needed more and did not want to go through the inconvenience to me. He pushed his bike to the station. What got me is that this guy in his thirties with a ten year old pillion were both wearing shorts, no socks and sneakers. I was ready to point out the obvious about the ATTGAT but in a way, If I did, I had the feeling he would not get it.

Today I removed the stock 45T rear sprocket on my SV650S and replaced it with a 43T sprocket. I am riding the Hammer School at Daytona Beach this week and will have 4 30-minute segments riding both the infield and the banking portions of the track. I also replaced the rear sets with the stock footpegs and controls so that I will be a little more comfortable riding.

It will be a hoot!

Went for a ride today on the GS but encountered such a high number of (-:|3 in a very short period, I went home & parked it.

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Went for a ride today on the GS but encountered such a high number of (-:|3 in a very short period, I went home & parked it.

Pat

Careful Pat, too much use of that symbol might send it the way of the word "Putz" on this board. ;)

Shawn

What this one (-:|3 ? ;) I was actually being kind to the........... :grin: Wanted to ask you what happened? Stitch repair and all. Hope it was very minor. :thumbsup:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
What this one (-:|3 ? ;) I was actually being kind to the........... :grin: Wanted to ask you what happened? Stitch repair and all. Hope it was very minor. :thumbsup:

The Stitch repair was just velcro replacement. She was a leakin in the crotch. lol.

Now... I went down a week ago last Wednesday in traffic. I was entering the left turn lane when a car pulled across my path. I had just left Starbucks (thanks Marty! lol...joking) and I was having an ABS fault. When the car pulled in front of me, I grabbed a handful. The front wheel locked and tucked, I went down at around 30+ mph. I have bruises and abrasions on my left side. Nothing broken or torn to speak of. My gear did its job well and My jacket (Olympia 3/4 mesh) didn't even rip. My shield is toast on my helmet and I found one on Amazon for 23.99 with free shipping. I wore it today when I rode to work.

Here's the worst of it. It happened on my beloved 1999 R1100RT. The bike I have had since new and put 104,000 miles on with 3 Torrey, many UN's, tons of El Paseos and a few BRR's as well as some fun times in the North GA mountains with the ATL crew.

The front tube frame for the headlight assembly and front fairing is compressed. It needs to be replace along with the front nose piece, left fairing panel and headlight assembly. The bikes nose and myself hit the front of the second car albeit separately that pulled out in front of me. The first car that originally pulled out left the scene. Nobody got the plate. So, I got the ticket for improper lane use. The officer claimed I pulled into the lane too soon.

Whatever... I'm alive and not too worse for wear. I still have the R1200RT, but I wish it had been the other way around.

So... that's it. I wasn't going to post, but since you asked.

Shawn

Edited by Lone_RT_rider

Glad you're ok! :thumbsup: Too bad about your old friend. I've seen a few bike accidents now & again but, can usually chock it up to the rider doing something stupid.

Not fluff-in it here :grin: but, when a rider such as yourself has an accident I'll usually put down the soda pop and listen.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Glad you're ok! :thumbsup: Too bad about your old friend. I've seen a few bike accidents now & again but, can usually chock it up to the rider doing something stupid.

You hit the nail on the head Pat. I should have stopped, pulled over and reset the ABS the second I saw it flash. I know Russel will disagree with me and say I need to do more braking drills (Also correct) so the ABS shouldn't matter as much, but if I stopped to reset it, I would have never had to deal with this.

Today I removed the stock 45T rear sprocket on my SV650S and replaced it with a 43T sprocket. I am riding the Hammer School at Daytona Beach this week and will have 4 30-minute segments riding both the infield and the banking portions of the track. I also replaced the rear sets with the stock footpegs and controls so that I will be a little more comfortable riding.

It will be a hoot!

Sounds like fun. Be sure to bring the 45 with you just in case. The gearing on my Ducati Monster was way too tall for for street riding so I changed the front sprocket to a smaller one. It was definately an improvement on the street, but when I took it back to the track I found I preferred the taller gearing since there wasn't any of the stop and go traffic just the go.

strapped a fishing pole to the handlebars of the DR and went back into the woods near my house and took a little mud bog ride back to a really clean lake about a half mile back.

Didn't catch anything, but it was a nice way to spend some time.

So, I got the ticket for improper lane use. The officer claimed I pulled into the lane too soon.

Shawn

Sounds like the cop was an (-:|3. Sorry about your beloved 1100, Shawn, but I'm glad you're okay.

I was riding up by the twisted sisters, and came across three BMW RT's parked by a cafe. Stopped in to talk. None of the riders had on any gear, and two were in shorts. As I was leaving I said "hey guys, I like you, get geared up, where a helmet" but I think it fell on deaf ears.

To bad right?

Rode by a guy pushing a Kawi on the street. Gas Station a few blocks down and on an angled camber to get there. As I passed, I asked OK? I whipped around and offered some gas from my MSR bottle. He took about a pint but needed more and did not want to go through the inconvenience to me. He pushed his bike to the station. What got me is that this guy in his thirties with a ten year old pillion were both wearing shorts, no socks and sneakers. I was ready to point out the obvious about the ATTGAT but in a way, If I did, I had the feeling he would not get it.

Found this after two days of rain riding across KS and OK:

DSCN2462-L.jpg

There was a similar size puddle on the other side of the tire.

Took it to the Jax BMW shop for service and they found the front boot tie wrap had failed allowing the boot to work off the transmission boss and the rear boot had also failed. Cleaned and lubed the pivot bearings, checked the driveshaft, installed new boots and its ready to go.

Also replaced the right side switch assembly under warranty - for the second time.

Needed a semisphere for the first time at 61K miles.

Bike is running smooth, weather is great, and the Shack By The Track is open tomorrow. LIG

Bill

Yesterday the weather was perfect. In the morning we cut down some dead oak trees in the back yard and then we cleaned up and ate lunch. My wife saw me getting fidgety and she said " I know you put the bike up since you will be gone a week, but go get it and take a ride". So I went on a ride for a couple hours and it was great. Getting cooler though. Noticed a chill around my lower legs and right across my chest. Time to look for the winter riding gear.

Spent an hour back in the mud pit behind my neighborhood with my son on his XR80. I found out just how good a little dual sport riding feels and how much it can help your street riding.

Sanded and painted my old scratched side cases on my 1999 R1100RT with a couple rattle cans of black semi-gloss black from home depot... then used about $7.00 worth of Red and White SOLAS reflective truck/trailer tape I bought on eBay to improve my rear night and side visibility...

Major improvement... even in daylight. This is what it looks like at night in my driveway.

Total cost about $15.00

http://forum.lugerforum.com/picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=2725

Edited by biometrics

Well for the first time since July 30, I RODE THE D&%$# thing!

It has been in Charlottesville with Anton, to get some transmission issues sorted out, and he finally finished up on Friday. I rode Greyhound (first time in over 30 years, not as bad as I remembered) from Baltimore to Charlottesville, Anton picked me up and took me to the bike. I rode it home from there, with thousands of cagers who all wanted to check their text messages instead of driving, so not a wonderful ride, but a ride nonetheless.

Now I gots to get out for a ride where I can reacquaint myself with the machine, and how to work with it.

Rode to Wally World and picked up more HP ink! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Very windy, in the 60's with sunshine.

Oh, before that I transplanted a tree and took the surplus honey off of my hive. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Spent an hour back in the mud pit behind my neighborhood with my son on his XR80. I found out just how good a little dual sport riding feels and how much it can help your street riding.

IMG_20131020_112317_057-S.jpg

IMG_20131020_112327_886-S.jpg

IMG_20131020_112306_954-S.jpg

That photo of him must have been taken BEFORE you guys hit the mud, eh? :)

He had buried the bike up to the skid plate and stalled it just before that picture, that's why he's only muddy from the knees down.

Not today since I just got the image from a participant, & because of a last minute leaking fuel tank, not on my bike either, so I'm fudging a bit. Deal with it :grin:. This past weekend in Sanford, NC, Ryan Young, six time national trials champ, schooled twenty of us for two days on the proper techniques of riding a trials bike. Basics to highly advanced, he covered it all. Put on a few demos for us, too. We had the the current Ladies Junior National Champ there, a fourteen year old, & even her jaw was on the ground at what he can do. I learned a ton, bought his training videos, & have a lot of work to do, not the least of which is getting my ass back in shape. knary.gif

Ryan is the one on the far right.

0502_zps53cd4cca.jpg

P.S., I only fell down once, & it wasn't getting out of the truck. Hi, Phil. :rofl::wave:

Can't ride yet or do anything with the bike, repairs not completed by dealer yet.

So I decided it is time to start cleaning my Stitch, hopefully it be clean by the time I get the bike back. :wave:

IMAG3535.jpg

So I decided it is time to start cleaning my Stitch, hopefully it be clean by the time I get the bike back. :wave:

Yeah, um, my wife works for a waste water treatment plant and I'm pretty sure there are regulations about what you can pour down the drain. You don't want this picture getting in the wrong hands, Bernie. There are HUGE fines involved.

Rode to work today. It was a beautiful day... outside anyway. Work wasn't so beautiful.

Also met up with Matts_12GS after work to start planning our Iron Butt 50cc trip to San Diego. This oughta be fun!

Yeah, um, my wife works for a waste water treatment plant and I'm pretty sure there arye regulations about what you can pour down the drain. You don't want this picture getting in the wrong hands, Bernie. There are HUGE fines involved.

I knew I could trust my friends. I do use biodegradable detergents and all the dirt on the Stitch is natural.

Rode to work today. It was a beautiful day... outside anyway. Work wasn't so beautiful.

I thought you work in your back yard, must have been a long commute.

Can't ride yet or do anything with the bike, repairs not completed by dealer yet.

IMAG3535.jpg

You don't bathe in that tub, do you?

IMAG3535.jpg

You don't bathe in that tub, do you?

Nah, it is my neighbor's tub, he is out of town. :rofl:

IMAG3535.jpg

Wait a minute, you do have something to do with "Dry" cleaning, don't you?????? :rofl:

Saturday i installed my Cee Bailey windshield on my '04 RT and took it for a test ride. I am impressed that it did such a nice job with the buffeting and noise levels. I went from the stock BMW shield to the Euro style + 2.5". I ordered it with a 10% discount using a code i found in ADV rider, ADV10... Very pleased with the results!

Bud, you can't dry clean Gortex fabric, the chemical kills the Gortex.

Finished washing and waterproofing suit. Hanging in garage, drying in preparation for Cedar Key.

Bud, you can't dry clean Gortex fabric, the chemical kills the Gortex.

Finished washing and waterproofing suit. Hanging in garage, drying in preparation for Cedar Key.

What did you use for waterproofing? I need to re-do a pair of goretex pants. So far nothing coming through, but the fabric becomes saturated instead of the water beading and rolling off.

Last Monday I've installed my new to me Ztechnick V-Stream windshield and my Sahara pegs. Bought them from another forum member.

Yesterday I replaced the original battery on my 2009 (I'm assuming that was the original because it said install before 2010) with a Westco AGM. It cranks really good now!