IGNORED

Mid Atlantic Coffee Club

James if I am in town, I am there. Megan and I have not decided what to do for Christmas. Florida sounds good but unless they invent an instant travel machine I really do not want to go there.

Anybody available that Saturday the 28th? Or the Monday the 30th.?

I will miss this one too, if in December. I'll be in Incline Village, NA for the holidays (until 1/4/14) visiting daughter and son-in-law. New year's resolution is to find a great deal on a GS to purchase and store at their new home in Tahoe for exploring the west coast. :)

I'm thinking a coffee shop!
Well that narrows it down ... thanks!

I may be able to make it on the Sat (28th). Monday is out for me ... I'm working.

I think I could do the 28th or 29th -- have to work on the 30th. Got out for a few hours on Saturday, and it was a bit cold but nice. I no longer think heated seats are decadent.

Ok..for December I'm keeping it simple tried and true.

December 28th 2013

11am

Blackstone Coffee Fredericksburg Va.

www.blackstonecoffee.com

For January we'll change it up.

As I've now I'm choosing this place sight unseen! So if anyone

has been there and its no good please chime in

January 11th

11am

Firehook bakery and coffee in Old Town Alexandria Va.

www.firehook.com

Blind Squirrel

Weather dependent, I will put the December get together on the calendar and see if the Mrs. is interested in attending. Should we reserve the table in back?

Edited by Blind Squirrel

Firehook is amazing -- they make sun-dried cherry scones that will change your life (mostly at the waistline, but hey...).

The 28th still looks (reasonably) good, depending on weather. Cold is fine, but I was out yesterday in MD and came across conditions that were trying very hard to become black ice. It was bad enough that, having got through it, I found an alternate route home on more traveled roads, rather than risk the return trip. For whatever geologic / atmospheric / tree shade reasons, some areas are just way, way colder than others. Beware of microclimates like this if / when you're riding around in the winter.

Blind Squirrel
Firehook is amazing -- they make sun-dried cherry scones that will change your life (mostly at the waistline, but hey...).

What is a sun-dried scone? :rofl:

Sorry, I meant to say sun-dried CHERRY scones. Hey, it's the holidays, and I appear to be experiencing technical difficulties beyond our control. Please stand by [insert Native American Chief's head test pattern here.]

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm probably out for both.

There is however a slight chance I can make it to the one on Dec 28th. I'll let you know.

Blind Squirrel

We are now within the window for the December get together that I can start watching the weather. Currently 0% chance of rain, with a low of 32 degrees. I normally won't leave the driveway if it is below 45 degrees. I'll see what conditions are like on Saturday AM and post up my decision to go or stay home.

Blind Squirrel

I am out of this one. :(

The Mrs. shut me down by scheduling the roofer and Lowes to come @ 9 AM tomorrow to discuss what is to be done by damage caused by the roofer installing the roof incorrectly.

Hey all. Unfortunately I'm probably not going to make it tomorrow. Got 2 little ones at home with fever. The big table is reserved for "James" from 11-1 so feel free to grab that up.

It's looking pretty good for me -- 56 & sunny tomorrow... 4 days before the end of the year! BTW, Sunday's forecast is 100% probability of rain, followed by a steep drop in temps for the beginning of the week. I humbly suggest adjusting the honey-do accordingly.

Edited by Fathom

coffee is good, again, oh yeah: Gerbings liners / gloves are beautiful this time of year.

Edited by lawnchairboy
coffee is good, again, oh yeah: Gerbings liners / gloves are beautiful this time of year.
Just as rain gear is during a downpour, right Chris? ;)

OK well, I showed for this (albeit more than fashionably late)... and there was no one there!!!!! No matter; I got a nice 6.5 hour ride in, and the cumulative total miles on I-95 was about 8. This may have contributed to the lateness factor. For the record, on 95, it takes me about an hour and 10 to get to Freddyburg, in reasonable (non-holiday) traffic. Good times were had on the backroads of rural Maryland, for sure, but I was looking forward to meeting a few more BMWSTers. Perhaps I'll do better getting to Firehook, which is 10 minutes from my house (I should be able to stretch that into a more manageable hour and a half!).

Sorry Fathom and Lawnchair. I had hoped to make it, but the sick kiddos needed attention. My 6 month old has RSV and and ear infection and my 2 year old also has RSV. My wife is a saint but had I left for "fun" on my motorcycle I think I would of met the devil on my return.

Glad ya'll had a good ride and I hope we have a good turnout at Firehook in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to the ride up to Alexandria. I'm going to try and leave Richmond early in the morning and take the scenic/fun route up instead of slab.

Looking at Jan 11th. Since Firehook has 2 locations in Alexandria I am assuming that the one located on South Union St is considered Old Town. I am trying to finagle a way down.

Right there with you on that score, lawnchair -- just sorry I didn't get to see you guys. I'll be saving the route I came up with for future reference, though, as I need to get down to Morton's from time to time, and this route is a blast.

In re: the January 11 Firehook gtg, I'm meeting a friend at the DC Bike Show; anyone who wants to tag along is of course welcome.

Looking at Jan 11th. Since Firehook has 2 locations in Alexandria I am assuming that the one located on South Union St is considered Old Town. I am trying to finagle a way down.

Yes, that is the location I was looking at. Guess I should have specified. I've never been there but I here it's a GREAT place.

Here is the address for those that need it.

Alexandria (S.Union St.)

105 S. Union Street

Alexandria, VA 22314

I plan on making the Jan 11th meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Coffee Club. I will be driving down. I looked at the maps and there is no good way to get from here to there. ( Being from Maine I can't help but think that "You can't get there from here") All of the routes are through places I absolutely hate to ride, that and the cold and snow. So who is going to be there??

I'm planning to be there!

The current 10 day forecast has it as:

Sat Jan 11

Partly Cloudy

High 48°

Low 37°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:

20%

Wind:

SW at 7 mph

Sorry to miss ltljohn guest appearance...but I will be dirt honing in Florida

Is that honing your dirt skills or hooning in the dirt?

just a heads up the motorcycle show is in DC January the 10,11,12 anyone going after coffee??

Donna

That's the plan on my part, Donna; I'm meeting my wife and step-grandkid at the show, and may also drag a friend to the coffee, as we're planning to go straight to the convention center from there. You're welcome to join if you'd like.

BTW, is the start time still 11:00 am? I could arrive early this time (for a change), if other folks feel like hitting the show. Don't want to make it any more challenging for those who are coming from a distance, though.

Yes, time is still set at 11. But I'm sure some will be earlier and some a little later. Don't feel like you need to circle the lot until 10:59 ;)

Thanks James. I was thinking more of doing donuts in front of the shop, but I'll strap on my Responsible Adult hat and hold out for the scones. BTW, it looks like I'll be +1, in that my riding buddy has confirmed that he's on board. He hasn't joined the Teutonic fold yet (I'm working on it), but to his credit, he divides saddle time between a Monster 1100 S and a full-dressed HD (I think it's a Sport Classic, extra chrome please).

I'm hoping he weather man is wrong! After riding to and from work today in the pouring rain I'm a little up in the air on tomorrow. I also learned today that my waterproof gloves aren't quite so waterproof. Gonna see how I feel when I wake up. It's about a 2 hour ride for me if I slab.

Well it's pouring at my house. I'm playing the wussie card and calling my 2 hours in the rain yesterday enough for this week. If I lived closer I'd be there but I've got 2 hours of slab each way. Sorry , hope I can catch everyone next time.

Home from coffee, met up with Mariaway(Donna), Fathom and his riding buddy. Sorry guys I am lousy with names. Had fun Hope you all enjoyed the MC show.