IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Today, I needed to pick up some cough medicine for my poor sick wife, though I figured I take the bike for a quick spin and see if I can remember how to ride. Please keep in mind, this is my first ride since my accident on August 10, 2013.

So I got dressed in my Stich and rolled the bike out of the garage. As I rode out of the neighborhood, I realized very quickly that everything was as I had remembered. As I continued searching for a open drugstore, I continued taking wrong turns and getting further and further away from a open store. I guess my navigational skills are quite a bit rusty and will need some extra work.

Eventually I figured out how to turn the bike around, those tings can be very stubborn, and locate a open drugstore and get my poor wife some cough medicine.

After all it only took about a hour and a half and 44 miles, but I am hopeful that through practice and future rides I should be able to shorten this kinda trip up, NOT. :clap::wave:

Today, I needed to pick up some cough medicine for my poor sick wife, though I figured I take the bike for a quick spin and see if I can remember how to ride. Please keep in mind, this is my first ride since my accident on August 10, 2013.

So I got dressed in my Stich and rolled the bike out of the garage. As I rode out of the neighborhood, I realized very quickly that everything was as I had remembered. As I continued searching for a open drugstore, I continued taking wrong turns and getting further and further away from a open store. I guess my navigational skills are quite a bit rusty and will need some extra work.

Eventually I figured out how to turn the bike around, those tings can be very stubborn, and locate a open drugstore and get my poor wife some cough medicine.

After all it only took about a hour and a half and 44 miles, but I am hopeful that through practice and future rides I should be able to shorten this kinda trip up, NOT. :clap::wave:

Way to go Bernie. Welcome back!

Took first ride on my new bike (so thankful), 65 miles around Lake Bistineau. Changed damping settings, engine modes, kept the engine guessing what I was gonna do next.

Really nice suspension, and the motor (beast) lies underneath layers of smoothness waiting to come out and reveal it's true character with just a flick of your wrist!

Dam in back of picture flows from left to right. Piles of dead salvania washed over during draw down. Lake is back full in less than 3 weeks.

ktm_dam.jpg

Lone_RT_rider

I took the first step in resurrecting my R1100RT by purchasing this bracket. Once it arrives, I can start tearing it down and making the real list.

Like Mr. Cash said.... once piece at a time. :)

Shawn

Joe Frickin' Friday
I took the first step in resurrecting my R1100RT by purchasing this bracket. Once it arrives, I can start tearing it down and making the real list.

Shawn

I don't remember how much those are new, but for $99 used, I'm guessing you got a bargain. :thumbsup:

Lone_RT_rider

Shawn

I don't remember how much those are new, but for $99 used, I'm guessing you got a bargain. :thumbsup:

They are a tich over 600 new. That's after BMW doubled all their prices on service parts a few years back.

Mounted the Stebel Nautilus (real deal, not a cheap knock-off)I got for Christmas on the GSA this evening. Also cleaned the air filter on the Katoom.

Met Bernie & a couple other locals for breakfast in St. Augustine this morning. Then went for a nice wandering, albeit soggy, ride back home. Thirty minutes later the deluge set in, & hasn't let up yet. Good timing or dumb luck? I'll take either.

Good friends & a nice ride. Can't think of a better way to kick off the new year. Here's to a safe 2014. :thumbsup:

Creating my personal Penguin Ride, I pulled out of my dry garage this New Year Day morning at 6:30 AM riding my BMW R1200RT into the rain on to wet roads, riding the long way south to meet a few friends (Huzband, DDoolin and Bil R) for breakfast in St. Augustine at City Coffee Company. After coffee and breakfast we rode the long way back to Jax in the rain, where I meet up with the official annual Alan S. Penguin Ride of close to 80+/- fellow riders and friends at Saucy Taco for lunch and drink.

After riding home in a good size downpour, I arrived safe, sound and dry, not bad for my second ride after my accident this summer.

Happy New Year everyone. :wave:

Good to see both of you back on the road! :thumbsup:

Good to see each other back on the bikes, I assure you.

The conversation over coffee somehow morphed from recent get-offs to crashes long ago. At some point it was opined that all this talk of bone crunching events, given that we're riding on a rainy day, might be better saved for another time.

We agreed, tossed back the last slug of caffeine, geared up & rode out.

day before yesterday I was checking craigslist and a rider was selling a cortech leather jacket with armor for 50 bucks. Size XL, black. So I made contact and went out to check it out. Perfect fit, in good shape so I bought it. SCORE. So yesterday I had to go take it out for a ride, so off we went for a two hour afternoon ride through the Texas hill country, ended up in Luckenbach (sp?) Texas and then rode back. Bike and jacket worked perfect. Now I need the leather pants or chaps. Little at a time.

Best day ever to ride The Snake in Mulholland Highway. Everyone was having breakfast at the Rock Store. When I got home, drained and replaced the motor, transmission and final drive oil (which was way darker than the transmission oil). Then took my son out for his ever drive on a car with a stick shift transmission.

Edited by TeSmSp

Finished stuffing the 20 liter (5.3 gal) tank on the Katoom. Not an exact fit, but close enough. 5.3 gallons is always better than 3 when you're off road. :thumbsup:

Jordan Thienel

Exactly what the title states, what did you do to your bike today?

I troubleshot my faulty left heated hand grip. It turned out to simply be a loose connection where the two meet.

We actually have one of these threads in the Ride Tales section - "What you did on or to your bike today...... " located Here.

Feel free to contribute to the action there. :)

IMAG3697.jpg

Decided to get out and ride to lunch to the Old Florida Cafe in Micanopy, Fl, before the arctic front get's to FL and freezes everything solid.

Had a nice 200 mile ride, temps between 54 and 62, cloudy with the occasional sun peeking through.

IMAG3697.jpg

Decided to get out and ride to lunch to the Old Florida Cafe in Micanopy, Fl, before the arctic front get's to FL and freezes everything solid.

Had a nice 200 mile ride, temps between 54 and 62, cloudy with the occasional sun peeking through.

Bernie, you look a little dehydrated in that picture. :rofl:

IMAG3697.jpg

Bernie, you look a little dehydrated in that picture. :rofl:

Yes, I know, will have to drink a little more. :rofl:

But my poor Stitch has been accused of doing much worse stuff to my bike/tank bag. :Cool:

Got my saddle bag lids, top case lid and the little triangles over the mirrors back from the paint shop and assembled it. Man she is pretty again!

sun was out yesterday, temps still in the 40's but I needed to go into Boerne to buy a anniversary card (13 years and counting) so I put on three layers of clothing, jumped on the bike, and off we went. Walmart for the card, and then stopped at the burger joint on main street for a LARGE cup of coffee and a burger and fries while I warmed up. The lady who was at the counter said I was crazy, I said thank you, and then she went out to walk around the bike, came in and said she loved it. Today it is supposed to warm up, but now it is raining and cold. Bummer.

She started this morning! Great ride into work aside from one cager that either didn't see me or was sent to assasinate me. Good thing I was paying attention and had quick reaction time. Incident avoided.

Lone_RT_rider

I mounted a new set of tires on the R12RT today to in preparation for Cedar Key. Now, to scuff them in tomorrow when the weather is better. :)

Oil and filter change. Final Drive oil change (man is nice to have the drain plug) It is a pain to fill up thru the speed sensor opening without the holy BMW syringe.

Cleaned the silencer with wd40. Shiny again, I'm a believer!

Reset the service interval with the GS911 and played with the settings.

Can't take the bike out of the basement... Lots of rain yesterday in Atlanta... I have to go up the hill like 300ft... not going to happen this week... grrr...

Lone_RT_rider
I mounted a new set of tires on the R12RT today to in preparation for Cedar Key. Now, to scuff them in tomorrow when the weather is better. :)

Did a short route out to my mom's and back on the new shoe's today. Man, for discount tires these things turn in sooooo nice. And now I am going to ride a TON of slab and screw that up but good. lol.

Shawn

Did a short route out to my mom's and back on the new shoe's today. Man, for discount tires these things turn in sooooo nice. And now I am going to ride a TON of slab and screw that up but good. lol.

Shawn

What did you mount?

Lone_RT_rider

Shawn

What did you mount?

A set of these!

Installed BMR Products "Flatbed" rack on my 06 RT. This will easily enable me to carry my Ortlieb bag and other gear. The rack is beautifully constructed with tie-down holes, rubber strips, and easy on/off. What's more it's "Made in America." It will allow for much easier packing ans safe, secure strapping stuff down.

Rode to work for the first time this year. It felt good to get some miles back in on the GS, it's been a while since I've ridden it!

Well vinter is still here in IL so no riding but I did get out into the garage yesterday and found an RT under a cover. :grin:

First I had to mop all the salt water that melts off the cage every nite. A heated garage is a wonderful thing but does add some labor to the upkeep. Then raised the thermostat to a confortable 70 degrees and went in for a nap while the floor dryed. :thumbsup:

Rolled the RT out to center stage and started r&ring all the worn stuff.

The mission was the rear brake rotor ,pads and all new hardware.

Why don't I have a long torx 40 ?? Made due with a 40 torx 1/4" drive with extension. Rotor was worn down with a deep dish area almost at the edge. When I had rotated wheel on center stand there was a tight spot. I had pushed the pads back and it was gone so I knew this was a brake problem. Also cked the rear drive for looseness and all was good there. Cleaned and lubed the slides .

Everything went smoothly all parts fit and the rear drive got a good cleaning as well. :clap: No bolts, clips or hardware left over.

As long as the wheel and muffler were off they got a good clean up and since I was in the area the rear fender underside too.

Road test, no!! snow was falling and I heard the salt truck go by twice. Back under the cover.

All this tired me out so I went in for my afernoon nap dreaming of the next project for the RT. :rofl:

work , work, work! 3pm rolled around and my wonderful wife said "don't we need a loaf of bread?" Why yes, yes we do. Out comes the helmet and I gear up and hit the road. 2.5 hours later I was back with a full tank of gas, bread and a smile. Stopped by Alamo BMW to see if they had a pin filter for my HJC. They did not.

Rolled her out of the garage to sit in the sun while I took the dogs for a walk in the woods. Suited up and headed for the interstate @ 1530. Rode north, until I saw a sign that stated "dense fog ahead", and the little snow flake on my dash started to blink, and all I saw were snow/ice covered trees. Took the next exit and returned in a southerly direction.

Tomorrow I will try the same routine only starting in a southerly direction.

Plugged in the Gerbing's and rode to work. Although, at 31 degrees this morning it was nearly a heatwave compared to the teens and 20's we've been having. It was a nice peaceful 45 minute commute.

Put about 200 miles on before lunch, just riding around the smaller roads of Kent! and in and out of Canterbury to enjoy slow handling and filtering....

Paul In Australia

Set up my " rear recognition" system and also added reflect able tape to my helmet

Then went for a400 km ride down the coast and back via Maroon Dam. Once again about the only person there on a perfect day.

jja7sf

Ps: what am I doing wrong here to not get the photo to show?

Edited by Paul In Australia