IGNORED

Mid Atlantic Coffee Club

Blind Squirrel

After bumping this thread, I should note I am out of the area 20-29 June.

Charlottesville or surrounding area sounds good to me.

Me too ... I'm out 26-30 June.

Charlottesville sounds wonderful to mee too. Any excuse to get towards mountains.

Blind Squirrel

Has anyone rode the stretch of 56 or 60 south east of 64/81?

Edited by Blind Squirrel
Has anyone rode the stretch of 56 or 60 south east of 64/81?

SR 56 is one of my favorite roads in VA provided you're riding several days after any heavy rain storm (due to wash out from gravel drives that decscend to the road). When not gravelly, it's phenominal! I prefer the side to the east of the BRP because it has much less traffic and far fewer driveways. (I thank Neil Peart of Rush for the review that road got me riding it).

US-60 is the major E/W truck traffic thoroughfare between US-460 and I-64. It's mostly 3 lane (2 lanes going up), so the downhill side can suck if you're behind a truck.

The other E/W roads across the BRP in that region I recommend are south of there ... US 501 or US-501 to SR 130 (Thanks to Shawn ... Lone_RT_Rider for this one).

N/S but still east of US-81 are few cool valley back roads (Borden Grant Trail, Forge Rd, etc.) that are nice connectors. Not the first to do so, but I stumbled upon these somewhat accidently and decided they were far superior to riding on I-81 (which I despise).

N/S but to the East of the BRP is a great little road called Buffalo Springs Turnpike. Just to the north of that is Lowesville road. Not at all technical but very scenic connector.

And a bit further south than US-501 is another E/w connector, SR 43 (which is the BRP for a while). To the east of this are some great back roads to bypass Lynchburg to the NW back towards US-501 ... and they are: Lankford Mill Rd (I think I remember as being paved), Old Cifax Rd, Coffee Rd (both definitely paved).

Anyway, Scott, believe me that's enough to put together a number of great rides. The question is as always ... how much time do you have and/or how fast are you willing to ride?

Blind Squirrel

I rode over to Boone NC this last weekend to ride the Snake (421) and surrounding area. While nice, I am looking for roads that are closer to the house. It was 370 miles to get to and from the area. It's only a skosh over 200 to get to Buena Vista which looks like a gateway to some nice riding.

We could always look at making the area a Coffee Club destination so we can have some fun coming to and going home from the event.

Edited by Blind Squirrel
We could always look at making the area a Coffee Club destination so we can have some fun coming to and going home from the event.

You won't hear any argument from me on that score!

Yea, I was out that way last week. Stayed at the KOA at Natural Bridge.A lot of great riding in that area as well as some fantastic photo opportunities. Also, some nice attractions- Natural Bridge, Foam Henge, Safari Park etc etc. For me it's a bit far for coffee. It's 3 hours 1 way. I can get the wife to agree to my coffee runs when I can be home mid afternoon to take over with the kiddos.

You won't hear any argument from me on that score!

Blind Squirrel

It is 200+ miles one way for us down here in the Hampton Roads area. Depending on the weekend, I would make the ride to the Coffee Club, meet for coffee, go ride some roads after meeting, stay the night in the area, get up the next morning and ride some more roads, then head home.

What if we did this place in C-ville on June 14th. I know that's father's day weekend, would that mess up being able to attend?

mudhouse.com

213 W. Main St.

Charlottesville, VA 22902

(434) 984-6833.

Blind Squirrel
What if we did this place in C-ville on June 14th.

mudhouse.com

213 W. Main St.

Charlottesville, VA 22902

(434) 984-6833.

Works for me.

Lets go for it!

Saturday, June 14th

11am

Mudhouse Coffee

213 W. Main St.

Charlottesville, Va. 22902

(434) 984-6833

Comment if you're IN! I'll message you my cell number so we can get in touch enroute if necessary.

Hello BMWST world! Been too long!

James, thanks for the nudge. I'm coming back from a week in PHIL for work, but going to try to make it to CC on the 14th.

Hope to meet some new folks and renew some old friendships :)

Cheers,

Kirsten

(aka, IBA #404, Hey Ranger, and a bunch of others)

Fantastic Kirsten. Hope to see you there. These meet ups are kind of hit or miss. We've had 10 people show up and we've had 1 person show up. Gotta love those real world responsibilities. But no matter how many show up, it's always a good ride and a cup of joe, so a win for a good way to spend a few hours.

Fantastic Kirsten. Hope to see you there. These meet ups are kind of hit or miss. We've had 10 people show up and we've had 1 person show up. Gotta love those real world responsibilities. But no matter how many show up, it's always a good ride and a cup of joe, so a win for a good way to spend a few hours.

Terri and I are hoping to make it. Rain would probably make Terri cancel. me? Well it depends on classwork, of course. But we're really hoping to make it.

Hi Kirsten!

Unfortunately ... We're out. Between school work and a few other issues competing for my time this weekend and, well ... I just can't make it.

Doing the Loyal Goodson thing this weekend; will have to miss this one. Sounds like a blast, though; have a double-shot for me.

Weather is still looking fantastic for tomorrow! Will drink an extra shot of espresso for those that had to bail and act like responsible adults...Craig!

I'm planning to leave Fredericksburg about 8am. Mapped out a nice route that should take me about 3 hours to get to C'ville. All back roads except a short spot on Rt 1 and then a short spot on 250. Looking forward to a enjoyable ride.

I'm also going to be writing an article about this ride/coffee shop for Backroads Magazine. I'm pitching a new regular article to them which I think I'm going to title something like Coffee Stop or Java Road (if anyone has a catchy name i'm open for suggestions) I just thought it would be fun to write a little about the different coffee shops we visit.

Going to head out a bit later then you all and superslab it to F'burg before heading out Rt. 3 and getting to the nicer routes.

See you all soon - reviews sound like it's going to be crowded!

Cheers,

Kirsten

Safe riding everyone. I'll check the forum here first thing in the morning before I get on the road. If you need me after about 7:45 I'll have my cell phone hooked up through my Sena.

Great meeting of the minds at Mudhouse coffee. I'd definitely recommend trying them out if you come to charlottesville. I had the Mudcup (2 shots espresso topped off with drip coffee) and blueberry muffin. Both were terrific. According to ktsridin the Wicked Good Bran Muffin actually was wicked good. Good coffee and conversation. Until next time.

F317ADCE-C3CA-4C73-8D9B-DB5DE746E0AE_zps6b3kmbns.jpg

Yea, we are much better looking in person. The camera doesn't do us justice.

91EAB7A7-1399-452B-8536-595987716644_zpssqygccdi.jpg

Be sure and zoom in on the barista's face...she may of thought I was an alien space invader.

There was a request for Williamsburg area this morning. I'm thinking July might be at Aromas in Colonial Williamsburg. I'll try to work out a date and get it posted up soon.

Great to reconnect and meet some new folks too!

And yes, the muffin with wicked good! I had the Mud Cup too - it had a nice kick!

Hope to make the next gathering in July (or when ever :)

I'm thinking the "Alien in the Coffee Shop" might have to become a regular thing. Maybe next time we can get a group alien shot.

Our Next Meeting:

Saturday July 12, 2014

11AM

Aroma's Coffee Shop

431 Prince George St.

Williamsburg, Va.

www.aromasworld.com