IGNORED

Mid Atlantic Coffee Club

Blind Squirrel

Well, it looks like I am out, not in. :(

I am having Photodynamic Therapy on my face on the 10th, and won't be coming out into the sun for three days.

I'm going to have to google that one..but doesn't sound like fun if it means you can't be outside. Hope all goes well.

Looks like some possibility of scattered storms Saturday. I still plan to head to williamsburg. If it is looking really bad, I may decide to cancel. Certainly don't want anyone to be unsafe.

Well, scattered T-storms don't worry me overly much. One can often dodge them visually if not completely overcast.

Terri and I are hoping to make it. Hoping to take the Scotland-Jamestown Ferry and then come up the Colonial Parkway. If the weather's good enough, we may head up the Colonial Parkway to walk around Yorktown a bit.

I should know after tomorrow's class whether I get a bunch of homwork piled on or not. So far for this class, it's looking pretty lean on homework.

Well, we're planning on attending.

Forecast not improved, but hoping to attend regardless. Same route planned.

Well, the forecast has improve a bunch for Williamsburg area. No longer predicting scattered showers @ 40%. Howver as surounding areas, like VA Beach, still are its still a crap shoot as to what the weather will actually be.

Still planning on making it unless we get the biblical deluge like last night ... thunder woke me up at least 3 times throughout the night.

Sounds good. We got some pretty massive rain here in FXBG last night too, just a little of the thunder/lightning though.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday.

Craig--does the "we" mean you better half is coming as well? It'll be great to see you both again.

Looking a little better for tomorrow morning. Looking forward to enjoying a nice ride in the morning. Gonna play around a little with a route this afternoon and see what I come up with.

Craig--does the "we" mean you better half is coming as well? It'll be great to see you both again.

Yes, if the weather forecasts holds as it currently is. If raining somewhat, I may be attend alone. If storming like the last two days, I won't be there either. Yesterday was really bad here at the beach.

Well the weather here is beautiful. However, I'm going to have to be out for the day. Jill needs me to be home today. See ya'll next month.

As it turned out, Terri and I were the only attendees, but yes we had a great time. The place was crowded at 11:00 and then again at 12:00., but food and coffee was exceptional! I hope we go back, but it may be wiser to do so after summer bacation so we'll have room enough to sit together.

Blind Squirrel

For the next get together I submit for consideration Captain Buzzy's Beanery located at 2623 E.Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23223. Open daily. Mon through Fri, 6:30am to 7pm, Sat 7:30am to 7pm & Sun 8am to 6pm.

Buzzy's features the freshest coffees from around the world roasted and flavored right on premise.

They offer a full menu of light breakfast or lunch items, an assortment of fresh baked pastries and desserts, along with fresh roast coffees, exotic expresso drinks (iced or hot), olde time flavored cream sodas, milkshakes, smoothies, fresh squeezed juices, fresh-squeezed limeades and lemonades. And, the only place on the Hill to get an old-fashioned ice-cream cone!

Plus, it is within range to bring the Mrs with me.

Edited by Blind Squirrel
Blind Squirrel

I'm leaning that way too. Hopefully it will be a little cooler and quieter.

Edit: That is Labor day weekend :( May need to push into the beginning of September.

Edited by Blind Squirrel
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok. Let's look at Capt. Buzzy's for september.

I'm going to cheat and do an easy one for me in August since it seems like schedules and holiday eat up weekends this month.

Anyone up for Sunday 17th at 1 pm at Blackstone Coffee in Fredericksburg?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If we're still looking at Blackstone in Fredericksburg, I think I could do the 20th or 21st. I'm sure I could dust off my extremely convoluted route sheet (that almost entirely avoids I-95) if anyone wants to head out from Alexandria with me.

I can probably do the 21st. My daughters Bday party is on the 20th. I'd be fine with Blackstone in Fredericksburg. Also, someone had mentioned a place in Richmond called Capt. Buzzy's.

We're going to be heading back home after a trip to Skyland in Shenandoah for the weekend. Not sure we can make it in time, but I should know closer to the event.

anytime after about 12:30/1ish would work for me. So long as I can get the battery replaced tonight. I'm planning to do the battery tonight. Need a little ride tomorrow to warm it up to do the oil change so that would be perfect.

I can probably do the 21st. ... I'd be fine with Blackstone in Fredericksburg.

What time?

Blind Squirrel

That is too late for me. I have to be back down in Chesapeake in time to do the yard work I missed this weekend. I was thinking somewhere between 11-12.

Sorry I missed you yesterday Scott. Wasn't out of church until noon. Hopefully if all works out I'll see you at the FART in a couple weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed that the schedule works out.

October is a rather full month for me. Going to the FART the first weekend. Second weekend is open. Morton's BMW Oktoberfest the 18th. Family camping trip the last weekend.

Anyone FARTing or Coming to Oktoberfest?

Maybe we could look at the 11th or 12th as a potential day for coffee?

• 2 weeks later...

So a couple of us "kind of" Coffee Clubbed while FARTing. But, I'm always up for an excuse to ride and get some good coffee (I've realized I am now a coffee snob)

Anyway, October appears to be pretty much shot for me. If someone else wants to do something please feel free to post. I'm going to skip into November.

November 15th

11am

The Art Of Coffee

15722 Kings Hwy

Montross, VA 22520

http://www.theartofcoffee.biz/index2.html

Yes, this is a repeat location. But I'm ok with that because I was the only one that showed up last time. It was a cool place. Used to be a mechanic shop and they renovated. So I think it would be cool to get a picture of the bikes in front of the shop.

Anyway, who's in?

lawnchairboy

I'll do my best, but don't know what my call schedule looks like yet, looks like a nice little ride.

Edited by lawnchairboy

Yes, I think for the Tidewater folks it could certainly be made into a nice ride. A lot of cool scenery and neat little towns between.

Using Scott's scale I'm somewhere in between a definite maybe and a firm maybe ;)

Going to see about talking Jennifer into coming with again. We had a good time before - thanks!

Yeah, this sounds eminently do-able. Any excuse to make the run over the 301 bridge, and you guys are not just any old excuse! The 11:00 am meet-up time almost borders on humane... ideal for the dirty stay-ups amongst us... like me!

• 2 weeks later...

Yea still a go. Trying to work out my schedule now. Wife threw a little wrench into the situation because she is going to now be out of town this weekend. Checking to see if grandma wants to hang with the kids. Otherwise I may drive out and bring them along. But I should be there one way or another.