IGNORED

Mid Atlantic Coffee Club

Blind Squirrel

My Mrs. is out. Too cold for her.

Also, the dishwasher quit on us. The new one is getting delivered on Saturday. If it hasn't arrived by time for me to leave on the ride I will make the ride. If it gets there first thing in the morning I will be installing a new dishwasher. :(

I'll post up one way or the other Saturday.

Edited by Blind Squirrel

Terri and I still plan to make it there ... possibly with Gerbings, foot warmers, and balaclavas in use.

Aimed at no one in particular as I have cancelled before, too ... but although we're looking forward to a ride, in this weather we're more looking forward to seeing at least a few of you folks, so please don't cancel just because its cold. Please.

please don't cancel just because its cold. Please.

What? This "hardcore" group (snicker, snicker).

We're in, just not sure if I can talk Jennifer into a brisk ride. If she wants to come and won't ride we'll be riding in the vehicle of shame. Otherwise, we'll be looking forward to a warm cup when we arrive.

Cheers all,

Kirsten

please don't cancel just because its cold. Please.

What? This "hardcore" group (snicker, snicker).

We're in, just not sure if I can talk Jennifer into a brisk ride. If she wants to come and won't ride we'll be riding in the vehicle of shame. Otherwise, we'll be looking forward to a warm cup when we arrive.

Cheers all,

Kirsten

Oh yeah! Hardcore group ... that's so us (also not true)! ;) No need for shame about driving in ... why, if it ends up too cold perhaps Terri and I'll just trailer the bike there. :rofl:

I just didn't want to show up and no one be there (again). That's all. (I know ... whaaaaa!)

I may be coming via the truck. So far I haven't been able to work out childcare and such. So if I can come at all it will probably be with my two youngest. I'll post in the morning If I'll make it or not.

Jennifer and I will be there.... but in the car. I've got work travel so I had to leave the bike behind.

See you all there (sorry to miss you James) around 11am!

Blind Squirrel

I'm heading out about 8:45 for around an 11:00 arrival. Coming in the car.

Chris, if you want a ride call me @ five 1 five nine 1 8 one.

nice to see everybody. A beautiful but very brisk fall day... I'll try and upload some of the video off of the go pro later of the trip up. the spinach, feta, and tomato omlette was delish.

chris

it cracks me up I have to go 100+ miles to see 3 people who live within 20 minutes of me.... glad to see everyone anyhow...

it cracks me up I have to go 100+ miles to see 3 people who live within 20 minutes of me.... glad to see everyone anyhow...

And we did so in very brisk temps. We had fun visiting with everyone ... great conversation ... nice back road ride on the return, but Terri's doubting she'll ever ride when its so cold again. Perhaps a pair of Gerbings pants liners will change her mind. Edited by TyTass
Blind Squirrel

I prepped the dishwasher for installation, but set it aside so I could cook up pork chops. They were delicious!

It was great seeing everyone today! Hope to see everyone again soon!

I don't see the problem here. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the problem here. :grin:

James - we all decided we needed to have a spot in Tidewater and that would get all the NoVA folks to show :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Blind Squirrel

January will be tough for me. We have people coming to visit either the weekend of the 10th or the 31st, and we are in Mexico from the 17th through the 25th.

If you all pick either the 10th or the 31st and our friends do not come on the same weekend, I will be in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all..Sorry, I've been tied up in some other stuff and haven't been on the board for awhile. Trying to look back on what I missed....did anyone set anything up for January?..

EDIT

Ok, I've gone back through now and see that nothing has been finalized as a January meeting. But it seems that a tidewater location is wanted. I haven't been to the Newport News Aromas, but I have been to the Williamsburg one. Its a nice spot. Unfortunately my weekends for January are pretty spoken for. So, I'm going to leave it up to y'all to pick a day. I will do my best to make it if I can.

Edited by jbr7t

I'm out for this Saturday. Got 2 sick kiddos at home. I'm sure I'll be playing catch up at work this weekend. Have fun and ride safe.

Well that's funny - I'm actually up north for this weekend, so I'm out for Saturday :(

James - hope the kids are feeling better soon!

Not to threadjack, but is anyone planning on hitting the bike show in DC this weekend? If so, I could maybe host or assemble some sort of foolishness, either on the bike or off. Right now, the best weather days look like Friday & Sunday. As I'm off on Friday, I'm actually planning on being at the Convention Center when they open the doors at 1:00... In the past, this strategy has proven effective at minimizing exposure to excessive fingerprints and drool. If the R1200RS breaks cover at the show, I can guarantee I'll be laying down a nice base coat on both counts!

Not to threadjack, but is anyone planning on hitting the bike show in DC this weekend? If so, I could maybe host or assemble some sort of foolishness, either on the bike or off. Right now, the best weather days look like Friday & Sunday. As I'm off on Friday, I'm actually planning on being at the Convention Center when they open the doors at 1:00... In the past, this strategy has proven effective at minimizing exposure to excessive fingerprints and drool. If the R1200RS breaks cover at the show, I can guarantee I'll be laying down a nice base coat on both counts!

Though we often use this show as an excuse to go up to DC and take in the town, we aren't this year. Just too much going on with school. Thanks for the offer.

Will, I was thinking of doing the same thing, though I'm playing it by ear. Thought I'd avoid the crowds and spare my wife the agony of accompanying me on Saturday. I'll keep my eyes out for you, if I do make it there Friday afternoon.

Well, Terri's still not healthy yet, so our plans changed. Danged flu just won't leave us.

Edited by TyTass
Blind Squirrel

The trend continues. Chris and I live about 5-7 minutes apart from each other, so naturally we travel 30 minutes to see each other. :grin:

It looks like a good place when the weather is nice. Lots of outdoor seating.

The Aromas location in Williamsburg is really nice, great atmosphere, and the food is really good. Unfortunately, since it's in a tourist location they are nearly always crowded. We went to Williamsburg over the holidays and there was only room for the occasional 2 top, just like last summer when we tried to do the MACC there.

So, I believe you're correct ... the Newport News location might be a nice regular thing for us HR locals.

Edited by TyTass
  • 2 weeks later...

After consulting a couple friends that have been to both Sugar Shack locations, it sounds like the Parham Rd. location will be our best option.

The place: Sugar Shack Donuts

1501 N. Parham Rd.

Time: 11am

Saturday Feb 7

This is not helpful, as when I looked them up, I discovered that they just opened one in Alexandria... about 3.5 miles from my house. "Not a low-calorie foodstuff" indeed.

This is not helpful, as when I looked them up, I discovered that they just opened one in Alexandria... about 3.5 miles from my house. "Not a low-calorie foodstuff" indeed.

I think the name's a bit of a giveaway too. :grin: