IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Paul In Australia

Went on a weekend trip with these Hooligans

15953563206_7b995ac28f_b.jpg

All of these people are BMW riders. Some come from Brisbane and some from Port Macquarie and some further afield.

We met up in Yamba for a Christmas Party. What a blast. Fabulous night with great food, lots of Not so great wine and pretty girls.

The ride down and back in my group was led by the guy with his arm up at the back. He went to the party as a "present".Think he was hoping he would be "unwrapped".

Gota say, a great bunch of people for a fabulous weekend in a great spot.

Lets go do it again.

best regards

Paul

120 mph/redline in 4th on the GT :clap:

so I shifted to 5th...

hope you mean GPS because speedo like to move a bit until you get above 140-145.

Or so I've heard.

Think I'll take the bags off next time I'm heading to that neighborhood (which of course will be only off public roads).

It was Xmas time for the grey (grau) steed this week: a new Aeroflow shield, a K&N filter, a new Power Pure 2 CT on the drive wheel and the debut of my Seth Laam upholstery. Did a 180 mile spin and I think it will be Xmas happy-happy for my butt too; wIll have to see what longer jaunts reveal. The cover sure looks good , Seth's price was much more palatable than 4 figures for the high tech Az Polar Mesh wonder. I can't believe how much relief/visibility/peace the Aeroflow adds: I just sucked it up behind the old stock ones all these years. I actually believe they did some engineering/testing here. Fellow Wedge jocks: spend the bucks on the Aeroflow: use nylon washers instead of the s/s ones provided. Push button: twist throttle.

Original battery finally gave it up after 4 1/2 years. Installed an Odyssey PC680. Took me a few minutes to figure out the right height combination before tightening everything down. Fired right up afterward.

The Rocketman

I wired the RT-P oil cooler fan to the FuzeBlock, and now just need to get a switch, and I should be good to go.

Edited by The Rocketman
The Rocketman

Took my 12 year old daughter Brandi for her first ride on the RT today. Only her 2nd time on a bike ever. About 100 miles of giggles.

Brandi1_zpseb66868a.jpg

Edited by The Rocketman

Started the 09Rt only to find fuel leaking... took the left panel off, and sure enough, cracks around the flange.

To the dealer we go!

A favorite Saturday pastime – chasing Bernie and George (the41tao) between caffeine stops first in St Augustine at DOS Coffee and then the home SBs. Always surprised at the curvy roads Bernie has found in North Florida.

DSCN2999-M.jpg

Bill

Hooked up my new (used) GS-911 to get rid of that stupid "Service" reminder and check out all the other things on my bike. Then had to test ride it for 120 miles!!

IMG_1172.jpg

I got my bike back from the dealer today after they replaced the rear wheel flange (the part that holds the wheel and the brake disc on). I had noticed a crack when we removed the wheel recently to change the tire and rather than try it myself, I had the dealer do the work (Bernie convinced me to have them do it. Thank you Bernie, it was much easier!)

Anyway, they gave me back the old one when I picked up the bike today. I cleaned it off and looked it over. There was not only that one crack that I'd noticed on the spot where the lugnut goes, but also another in the same location at another lugnut area. Then two more cracks where the bolts go in that hold the brake disc. There were a total of 5 cracks.

Images here: http://imgur.com/a/MG6TY

Bottom line: inspect yours now if you've never looked at it. The aluminum ones SUCK and you might want to spend the money to put on the steel replacement.

The Rocketman

Went for a 2 hour ride today to Westhampton Beach and back. Never got above 28 degrees but the roads were clean and empty, just the way I like them. Gotta pile up the miles before real Winter and cabin fever set in.

Got to take a real ride for the first time in almost 4 months. Joel and I took one of Ken's routes to AL and back. 205 wonderful miles!

Great, good news. :thumbsup:

Took my daughter out on a ride yesterday. First 70 degree day since Christmas. Linked up with my brother and his son, and a couple other riders. We went from Boerne to Luckenback, then on to Fredericksburg for lunch at the Rattskeller. Home was a quick ride down highway 87. All in all a very nice day.

Took the GS to the theater, saw american sniper.

Sat in the parking lot for an hour after the film before I rode home.

Took the GS to the theater, saw american sniper.

Sat in the parking lot for an hour after the film before I rode home.

Danielle and I saw that movie last night. I already knew how the movie was going to end, but it still grabbed me by the guts. The entire theater was completely full and it was the quietest I've ever seen that many people leave a room. Very powerful.

Paul In Australia

That was guaranteed to happen.

Now it is raining here so I CANT wash the bike.

long weekend starting tomorrow so will grab the girl and race off to the Oxley for a 3 day spin

Best regards

That was guaranteed to happen.

Now it is raining here so I CANT wash the bike.

long weekend starting tomorrow so will grab the girl and race off to the Oxley for a 3 day spin

Best regards

My mistake, as usual, was not trusting my gut.

Weather forecast gave rain in evening, so I obviously went with that instead of my instinct. It started raining yesterday morning and hasn't stopped yet. :grin:

Realize it was a ten minute job but hey, it's winter up here. :grin: Adventure Designs highway pegs for the GS.

Should make highway miles into highway smiles. :thumbsup:

e354eb66-2ca2-4c3c-8980-c5230964f532_zps6f592d30.jpg 98dfa0c0-4ac7-4c25-8663-6a3feaa7bdfd_zpsac6dce00.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsa395b61f.jpg

Pat

Looked at the mud on it from my last off-road jaunt. Most of it should fall off next weekend on the ride down to Richmond for the Mid Atlantic Coffee Club meeting.

Hope some of ya'll are coming!

Removed and installed a carburetor multiple times chasing down the best jet needle setting, main jet size, and pilot screw setting. Riding was limited to a 4 mile loop to assess each change. :P

Still not quite there. I need to purchase a different main jet tomorrow. Hoping the dealer has one.

Haven't ridden in two weeks... too much snow and far too many chances of black ice. :P

Forecasts say the weather should decisevely improve starting tomorrow. In the meantime the RT got a 2015 Swiss highway sticker and a good battery charge.

Rode about 375 miles...my home east of Phoenix->Globe->Safford->Tucson->home again. Trying to decide if I can do an Iron Butt SS1000 later this spring. My butt is plenty sore after just 375 miles. We'll see...

Took the GS out for half an hour or so. Filled it with fresh gas, circulate the fuel stabilizer. All in about 48ºF (8ºC).

So what's the big deal? It's the last week of February......in Calgary. And the last of the ice on my sidestreet disappeared a couple of days ago. Last year at this time I still had 3+ feet of snow in the yard and 6 inches of ice on the street.

Of course 10 hours later it was snowing and 18ºF (-8ºC). But it was nice while it lasted.

Mike Cassidy

Battery tender showed green so I unplugged it. Roads too sketchy to ride, so I sat on it and went "vroom vroom". Sulked.

:D That's a full day right there.

• 2 weeks later...
Lone_RT_rider

Rode my bike for the first time since Surgery (Dec 18 2015) today. It was just a short ride into work, but it felt good. :) Please excuse the pic. It's probably the worst one I have posted in a very long time, but I still love it. :D

17MAR2015%20ride%20into%20work-L.jpg

Rode my bike for the first time since Surgery (Dec 18 2015) today.

Greatest form of PT there is, IMO! :thumbsup:

Pat