IGNORED

Mid Atlantic Coffee Club

This is not helpful, as when I looked them up, I discovered that they just opened one in Alexandria... about 3.5 miles from my house. "Not a low-calorie foodstuff" indeed.

I think the name's a bit of a giveaway too. :grin:

The question isn't whether donuts are healthy or that the name is a giveaway, the question is, who's going to be there next Saturday! I hope you guys can make it.

I will remind you that its Science that donuts make you smarter. The brain uses sugar as fuel, ergo- donuts are healthy and make you smarter.

I'll be there as well.
OK then, never mind. Terri's in the hospital for the evening for tests tomorrow, so I won't be there after all.
  • 3 weeks later...

The forecast is for 48 degrees and sunny on Sunday. Just sayin'. Provided the roads are clear of ice and slush by then, is anyone up for a ride in the DMV? As previously mentioned, we do have a full access pass to Sugar Shack in Alexandria....

Right now, the forecast for Sunday looks pretty good. Let's keep a weather eye on the, umm, weather and see if we can put something together... donuts optional.

Blind Squirrel

I'm out for March, April and May. The bike is being shipped out to San Diego this week. Doing a two week ride up the west coast starting early May. After the ride the bike will be shipped back.

Our local BMWBMW club is having our monthly Membership and Tech Day meeting, March 15th, 2015 at 9:00am - 1 PM Tech Day; and 11:00am Membership meeting, Morton's BMW, Fredericksburg, VA

Morton's will be open for purchase of parts and accessories from 9:00 - 1:00 PM

All are invited.

Bob

Edited by Endobobdds

I'm out for anything this month. Got my daughters birthday, her gymnastics competition and my other daughters ballet. So my weekends are booked. April is also a maybe for me. Wedding anniversary, spring break for my daughter, wife's birthday, mother in law's birthday.

• 3 weeks later...

What's April look like folks? I'm limited on availability with the above mentioned events. But If it works out I'd like to see some of you..some of you not so much. Only kidding, well, maybe.

Im likely available Sat 4/11 or Sun 4/12. Other than that it's not a very good month for me either. There is a very slight chance I may be available Sat 4/4 or Sat 4/18 ... but obly very slight.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be working the Morton's BMW Spring Open House Saturday the 18th. I'll be one of the ride leaders for the demo rides. Is anyone planning to come?

I wanted to, but I think JVB's tech day is winning out. Got a bit of a slow start today, as the preceding week was slammin'. Have big fun, though.

It was a good day at Morton's - lower than usual number of folks.... because you guys were all at the tech day I'm sure.

When are we hooking up for coffee again? I'm having the DTs.

Yes, it was good times at Morton's Open House as always. Great to be on the demo staff with you and Jenn. I'm booked the first couple weekends of May.

I'm out of pocket this weekend, but should be around the next (May 9 & 10). And yes, I'll admit that Jim's tech day won out (though I would really have liked to have attended Morton's open house). I did get out for a pretty decent ride afterwards, though.

• 2 months later...

Well, I guess we've kind of been slacking the passed couple months. I'm ready for some coffee and maybe a nice donut or pastry! What are everyones weekends looking like?

Slyder_Steve

Newbee to the area here. Would like to meet up with some of you "locals". Say the day and I'll be there.

Steve

Newbee to the area here. Would like to meet up with some of you "locals". Say the day and I'll be there.

Steve

Hi Steve. Where are you in from? I recall seeing your name on the Board in threads, perhaps you went to UN X in Little Switzerland? I don't believe you were at UN XII. Here's a fairly well-attended event coming up lin late Sept. Click here to FART.

I don't know what my plans are for the next few weeks but I'll look to see if I can make it out ... or perhaps Terri and I can meet up with the gang for coffee.

lawnchairboy

last time I thought I had a near seizure sugar coma on the bike going home.

Coffee was good.

Don't know if someone who was there the last time will feel up to riding there, I heard she did some miles recently.

:clap:

Don't know if someone who was there the last time will feel up to riding there, I heard she did some miles recently.

:clap:

Well yes, yes I did :grin: and I too nearly fell into a sugar coma after our last visit, but that's long warn off and I need to put a few miles on the bike again. It actually sat in the garage all weekend long!!!

Cheers,

Kirsten

(a.k.a. 2015 IBR Rider #2)

Well, it looks like if I join it'll be on 4 wheels. As part of my get 100% out of debt plan, I had listed my bike for sale. This weekend a gentleman called me and made an offer I couldn't pass up. Don't worry, there will be another bike in my future, but it's a little ways off. Going to keep my eyes out for a cheap beater to pick up.

Anyway, do we want a repeat donut shop visit, or a new venue/location?

Congratulations ... I think ... on getting a good offer. I'm still waiting for one for the F800ST.

Yeah, sugar-high needed :)

• 3 months later...

Well, this sort of died with off James selling his bike. How about we resurrect it?

Of course, I say this as a student with tons of homework for the next several weekends, but I could be up for a coffee gathering this Sat as long as it's not too far away.

How about somewhere on the Peninsula like Aroma's in Williamsburg or Smithfield Gourmet Bakery and Café in (yeah, you guessed it) Smithfield?

Edited by TyTass

Well, we were there and had a very nice time. One block over on DoG street, there was a nice farmer's market going on. After coffee we did a bit of Christmas tree ornament shopping and then had Lunch at the DoG Street pub, outside. Great people & dog watching. We took the Colonial Parkway down to Jamestown and then the Ferry over to Scotland. From there we hit all back roads to Darden's Country Store, bought a bit of their spectacular pimento cheese and their country ham salad and head home. A delightful day!

Sounds like a wonderful time... love doing the parkway and the ferry. Missed out as we had gone north, but looking forward to the next gathering.

The Sugar Shack in Fredericksburg has opened up. Perhaps a tooth-rotting visit is in order :)

The Sugar Shack in Fredericksburg has been suggested. What say we shoot for 11:00 gathering time there (wherever in Fred'burg it is, I don't know yet)?

Anyone down in Hampton Roads wish to meet up to ride back roads up there?

Blind Squirrel
The Sugar Shack in Fredericksburg has been suggested. What say we shoot for 11:00 gathering time there (wherever in Fred'burg it is, I don't know yet)?

Anyone down in Hampton Roads wish to meet up to ride back roads up there?

I'm in, provided it isn't raining. When and where would you like to meet?