IGNORED

Mid Atlantic Coffee Club

I'm in, provided it isn't raining. When and where would you like to meet?

Same here ... cold rain isn't my kind of weather, either. Let's hold on a while about where/when to meet down here until we find out if any more want to meet up. Sound good?

BTW: What part of town are you located?

Chris lives just a mile or two from you, so starting from over that way would certainly make it easy for you guys. Let's face it, there's really no better way to start around here. One starting place is as bad as another.

I just got finished with a sleep study at Sentara Princess Anne Hosp, just down the street from my house. After that ridiculous cluster f*ck of a night, I felt well justified in stopping by Duck Donuts across the street from the hospital on the way home. I made the coffee when I got home, but the lemon, choc/peanut butter, vanilla w/cinnamon sugar, & maple bacon donuts won't all make it until Terri wakes up!

A nice gathering! Glad so many showed up. It was great to see you all. Really appreciate the sneak attack by Mark with his new, bada$$ GS!

Edited by TyTass

Sorry James missed it, but getting to hang out with the dogs (and a few riders too) was rather nice.

Cheers all - when and where next?!

Not that I'm running this thing, but as a suggestion, how about:

19 December @ 11:00 am

Crossroads Coffee & Ice Cream

3600 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, VA 23225

They seem to have a decent menu. The coffee/tea/cocoa will be extra special if its really cold out.

I know it's pretty much in the midst of holiday shopping and prepping, but why not allow nice brisk ride to meet up with friends we might not otherwise see; a break from the hustle and bustle of holiday preparations to enjoy the spirit of the season (as well as the weather)?

19 December @ 11:00 am

Crossroads Coffee & Ice Cream

3600 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, VA 23225

Putting it on the calendar. We've got cannon firing demonstrations teeing up for the 19th, so I may not make it, but I'll give it a go. If we had a decent coffeehouse in the area I'd suggest Fort Monroe so folks could also enjoy the demos, but alas, that is why I must ride!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wait, hold on -- I thought I heard the BeullerPhone ringing here in the BatCave... I see the forecast for tomorrow (Saturday, January 16, 2016) calls for partly cloudy, a high of 49 (!), and zero chance of precip here in beautiful Alexandria. And we have a Sugar Shack of our very own now, which is conveniently located right next door to an excellent cafe known as the Lost Dog. If you Chesapeakers would care to amble up this way, I might could share with you a secret stash ride or two, provided that we don't start at some ungodly hour of the morning. What say you, lads? Donuts to start, sammies when we get back? A nice humane 10:30 a.m. start time? I'll turn up there then, but only if I get at least one solid subscriber.

Sugar Shack Donuts

804 N Henry St, Alexandria, VA 22314

Sorry for the last-minute nature of this ride; still hoping to reel someone(s) in, though, as the temps are set to drop again starting tomorrow. Can adjust start time if it helps any.

• 4 weeks later...
Wish I would have seen this sooner. I rode up to the Michaux yesterday. Very fun ride through the mountain.

What and where is this Michaux you speak of, Mike. Are you talking about the State Forest in PA?

Craig, I'm pretty sure you are correct. Most of the SMIB's just call it the Michaux for short.

The funny thing is, that's where I was riding when I took the picture that is my current avatar!

RTinWoods2_zps05b95794.jpg

And yes, that is gravel under the RT's tires. :rofl:

Thanks.

In looking it up I realized I do know the place, but I haven't been to that specific area in a very long time, certainly not on a bike since getting back into riding 10 yrs ago. In fact, other than driving along Rt 30 and visiting CW battlefields/routes, I haven't been in that forest since taking my Yamaha 550 up through there several decades ago. I've done a bit of hiking in that area even further back.

BTW: I'm not in the least surprised there's gravel under your wheels. Gravel should in no way stop an RT, unless you're one of those who doesn't like to get their bike a little dirty. IMO new places to go and/or sights to see are the best motivator for riding ... not showing off a pristine bike finish.

• 3 weeks later...

Craig, I'm guessing you were looking at April, where the 16th does fall on a Saturday. In March, the 19th is the closest possibility. (I know, I just can't help it...)

Craig, I'm guessing you were looking at April, where the 16th does fall on a Saturday. In March, the 19th is the closest possibility. (I know, I just can't help it...)

Yes, I meant Sat 3/19. just a typo, thanks.

Well, I may not be able to make it (depends on being able to rescheduling a prior commitment), so I don't want to make the call. However, the Sugar Shack didn't suck.

Yes, I meant Sat 3/19. just a typo, thanks.

Whew! For a moment there I thought we had to convert dates to metric :dopeslap:

:wave: Have fun at the coffee clatch if you make it. Our sugar bush is running full tilt and the bike shed is still behind a wall of snow.

Blind Squirrel
Well, I may not be able to make it (depends on being able to rescheduling a prior commitment), so I don't want to make the call. However, the Sugar Shack didn't suck.

Well, then let me throw this one out there:

Duck Donuts 4655 Monticello Ave, Williamsburg, VA 23188

It could be a ferry ride for those of us South of Williamsburg.

Great suggestion ... I'm still trying to reschedule my until-recently-forgotten commitment for next Saturday. Hope I can make it.