IGNORED

Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet

As a side note, it is December and the weather can be sketchy and holiday parties can fill up a restaurant fast. So, weather, use your best common sense. If its slippery, snowy, not safe, stay home. It's just dinner. As for the restaurant, I put a reservation in for 1745-1800 under my name and/or BMW motorcycles.

Hope to see you there,

Brian

With just a blink of an eye, and twitch of a nose, December is half way in the bag and the Winter solstice is just a week away. That means we have made it half way and Spring is just around the corner and hopefully better riding weather. Also means time for another dinner!! Come hang out with other riders and share plans of upcoming trips or anything else you may want to talk about.

When, this Wednesday, December 18, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 (traffic does not always make this so) so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Where, the Golden Valley Brewery

1520 Northwest Bethany Boulevard

Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

The new year has come and it seems to be getting light earlier and staying light later. Riding season (good riding) can't be too far away! How about dinner to talk about what Santa brought us and what we plan on doing this coming summer. Also maybe talk about what if anything we can do next holiday season for those less fortunate.

When, this Wednesday, January 15, 2014!

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Edited by bmwsit
  • 1 month later...

Hopefully everyone has survived the snow and now the rain and wind because its dinner time!

When, this Wednesday, February 19, 2014!

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

The month is flying by. Dinner time again.

When, this Wednesday, March 19, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

For those that thought about coming to the dinner last night...you missed a great time. Fourteen people made it (six on bikes) which pretty much stressed the wait staff since we kept adding tables and chairs to the group. I think we pretty much owned the dinning room part of the restaurant for the most of the evening. Everyone seemed to have a great time talking bikes, sharing stories or just meeting new people. It never ceases to amaze me the stories and lives people have led. I think we could have sat there for a few hours more and not even come close to a pause in the conversations. But time rolled on and people had to get home. Hopefully everyone can come back next month for another round of fun, food and talk. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we can sit on the patio around the fire.

There was talk last night about an email list so folks would not have to rely on the forums to remember about the dinner. If you would like to pm me your email, I can add you to a group. I won't spam you. Only one email a month as a reminder about the dinner.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Dinner time again! Was hoping for some warmer weather so we could partake of the patio and fire pit at the GVB, but weather report does not look that promising in terms of warm weather. On the up side though, the rotating tap this month is Carlton Kolsch. Kolsch style beer is not always available and if you enjoy trying different brews, Kolsch is one worth trying.

So here are the details:

When, this Wednesday, April 16, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Dinner time again, I think. Crazy how fast time goes by and how many things compete for your time.

Any way, yes, its the third Wednesday again and time for dinner. I won't be there though, so you are all on your own. With any luck, come Wednesday night I will be in Colorado. So eat, talk and have fun.

When, this Wednesday, May 21, 2014.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Dinner time! Seems like just a few weeks have past since the last dinner, but for me that was back in April! Many of us have been on trips, the state rally has come and gone, so let's get together and catch up!

So here are the details:

When, this Wednesday, June 18, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Okay sports fans, special dinner coming up. A group of riders is coming in to Portland from Alaska. A portion of the group is then heading on to Tennessee. The group will be in town on July 5th and has asked if anyone wants to have dinner with some of them on the 5th to hear about their trip etc.

So we are meeting at 6 pm at the Thirsty Lion at Washington Square. Feel free to join us if you would like!!

July 5th, 6pm

Thirsty Lion

10205 SW Washington Square Road

Tigard, Oregon

See you there

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Monthly dinner time again folks!! Weather looks good for Wednesday, a bit hot, but good. Hope to see a lot of you there. Lots to talk about.

When, this Wednesday, July 16th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Monthly dinner time again folks!!

When, this Wednesday, August 20th.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Damn it - I screwed up and have to work until six...in Gresham on the 20th. Bummer 'cause the 21st is my birthday and I was gonna do puppy dog eyes and see if I could work that into a free dinner. Oh well. Maybe September...

Edited by szurszewski

As persuasive as that sounds, unless you want to move the dinner to somewhere on the VERY east side, it's not going to happen (well, unless a couple of my kids cancel or something, but that seems unlikely).

Thanks though :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well time flies and it's time for dinner again this Wednesday, September 17th.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Dinner Time! This Wednesday, October 15th.

The end of the season is here for the most part. Come share your riding stories from this year and your plans for next year. Due to the holidays and generally crappy weather, the dinners will take a break for November and December.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New year is here and time to start the dinners again.

I think for at least this dinner we will return to our regular place, the Golden Valley Brewery. They have been good to us and the food is generally tasty and fairly priced. If we want though, we can discuss other locations that we can try.

So here we go, Wednesday, January 21st.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 5 weeks later...

How about the weather! Looks like it is to be 55 on Wed, let's have dinner! Maybe with the warmer and dry weather, some bikes will show up and not just their people.

So here we go, Wednesday, February 18th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really know where the month went, but it's time for dinner again!

So here we go, Wednesday, March 18th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

szurszewski

I'm apparently not very good with a calendar - I was thinking NEXT Wednesday was the third this month...but clearly it's not. Bummer; I might be able to make it this week since I work in Bethany until 5:30, but I won't be able to ride - was planning to bring the newly hacked RT ... next week :dopeslap:

szurszewski

I am apparently bad at calendar reading in general - I was in Bethany YESTERDAY at 5...today I'll be stuck in Tigard, and the last time I tried to move north/west from Tigard at 5 on a weekday....sadly, probably going to skip this one and head home. Maybe next month - probably not. June looks good though :)

• 4 weeks later...

It is dinner time again and maybe the weather will be a bit better than it has been.

Wednesday, April 15th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Dinner time again folks! Where are your riding this summer? Come tell us your plans.

Wednesday, May 20th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Hi Brian,

It's been a while. You guys ever meet somewhere more central? The thought of coming from Clackamas to Beaverton at that time of day is daunting. Love to go though.

Bob Minor

szurszewski

Would be fun to meet somewhere east of the river now and then. Of course, that would only matter on the maybe three Wednesdays a year when I'm not working...

We don't meet any where else currently. We used to meet in NW Portland, pretty easily reached by all freeways, but the location grew old after a while, the food was hit or miss, the service was hit or miss and parking sometimes was an issue. We tried meeting in Tigard also for a while, but after the first time and many promises to show up and how great it was, no one showed, so the plan of a northern location and southern location was abandoned.

The current location was given a test ride and works fairly well due to plenty of parking a menu that has not grown old yet and a wait staff that puts up with a group that is always less than the reservation was for or many more than the reservation was for and they never have charged for split tickets.

That all being said, I would love to find a location in central Portland that may draw more people. I understand about trying to get to Beaverton. I make the trip from SE Portland to Beaverton and often want to drink heavily once there. I have looked for location around inner NW Portland or inner SE Portland, but have yet to find a location that is not overrun with homeless or street kids who would just love to mess with the bikes. Ones that I think might work often have no parking or their interior is set up so no more than 6 people could sit together.

If anyone knows of a place that is agreeable to large groups of varying or unknown numbers, has good parking and is located in a central fairly safe location, please let me know and I will check it out.

Baird's on B in Lake Oswego could be a good choice. It's a decent size place with a few large tables, my wife meets there with her friends quite often. Food is great and they have a decent happy hour. Parking and safety are certainly not an issue.

http://www.bairdsonb.com/

And I understand Pietro's has made a bit of a comeback with new ownership, I haven't been there in years but the Milwaukie location would be convenient for most, big parking lot, big restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...

Crikey! Glad I looked at the calendar because it's dinner time again folks! Busy time at work a mini vacation later, the time just flew by.

So let's eat!

Wednesday, June 17th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

szurszewski

i was just trying to figure out this morning if it was this week. i think i might just be able to come - maybe july as well :)

• 4 weeks later...

Alrighty sports-fans, last dinner before the big gathering in Billings. Don't know about you, but looking forward to getting on the road. Let's have dinner and chat about our plans and rides.

So let's eat!

Wednesday, July 15th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 2 months later...

Dinner Time!

Wednesday, September 16th

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

I have to be in Salem until 5, so I might be a bit later than normal.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Dinner Time! This is the LAST dinner for the year. There will be no dinner in November or December.

Wednesday, October 21st.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 2 months later...

I hope everyone made it through the holidays well and that you have been weathering the seemingly unending rain without issue. It is time to start the dinners up again and to reconnect. Come share stories of what Santa brought you and what you hope to do this summer.

Wednesday, January 20th, 2016!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Reservations will be under my name and BMW Motorcycles.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Time for dinner again!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Edited by bmwsit
  • 1 month later...

Time for dinner!

Wednesday,March 16, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 1 month later...

It's that time again! The weather is not shaping up to be very good for Wednesday, but how about this weekend?

Come eat and talk future rides. Don't forget your MOA mileage forms if you need them signed.

Wednesday,April 20, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

The calendar says it's dinner time again!

Wednesday,May 18, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the late post. There is a dinner this month, but I won't be there. The John Day rally starts on Thursday and I plan on being somewhere between here and there tomorrow night.

So if any of you are not going to the rally and still want to meet up for dinner, please do!! Same set up.

When: Wednesday, June 15, 2016.

Time: 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there.

Where: Golden Valley Brewery

Beaverton, OR 97006

No reservations this time. Hope you all have a good time and maybe will see you next month.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Dinner time again!

Wednesday, July 20, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Not quite sure where the time is going, but it is dinner time again.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016.

Time: 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

Let's see....I don't have a job anymore really, we are loading a big uhaul Monday, dumping the contents into storage Tuesday and staring a quick repaint of the interior of the house Wednesday...we might actually be able to make this one!

josh

Edit: wait: when did you get a k75s? I used to really want one of those and I am pretty sure it was not in the garage last time I was there....

Edited by szurszewski

So the grand adventure is about to begin is it? Well I think you should come to the dinner then, you will need to the break from all of the prep work.

Got the K75 a month or so ago. It is a non-runner, well non-mover. Needs a new drive shaft and the clutch is pretty much gone, I think. I have not gotten into the clutch yet to see exactly what is going on in there, but will soon I hope.

• 1 month later...

I don't know about you all, but I am not ready for summer to be over. It's like someone threw a switch all of a sudden. Let's console each other over dinner and talk about final rides of the year or future rides, weather be damned.

I will be down in Salem until about 5, so I doubt I will be there at 6, but I will try.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016.

Time: 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Dinner time again. Last dinner of the year. We will be taking November and December off so as to not compete with the holidays.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian