IGNORED

DEATH VALLEY 16

November 11 12 13th the annual weekend in Beatty is on! Great roads, spectacular scenery, good people to hang out with, and plenty of other things to entertain yourselves with!

Head quartered in the plush and exclusive Exchange Club spa and resort with plenty of good food and drink just across the street. You must call them - 775-553-2333 to reserve your room.

There will be a dinner of some sort again Saturday night at KCs Outpost, more info on that to come. Probably a trip out to the ghost town of Goldpoint if you're so inclined, plenty to see in the park if you haven't been there before.

Most importantly, you will have a good time, and remember the Mantra-

What happens in Beatty, stays in Beatty! :thumbsup:

Don J :wave:

Time off from work- check

Bike survived Red Lodge- check

I survived Red Lodge- check!

Weather permitting- ????

Might have to trailer down out of the frozen North... but:

Well now, I do believe I'm IN!!!

I've tried to take the Sherman Pass now three times on the way to DVD, had to turn around each time due to snow/ice...

I guess I shouldn't give up now...

See you guys in Beatty.

Reservation made. Looking forward to DVD.

Will see if Todd wants to attempt Sherman Pass again.

Picking up his LT on ice, and on a 6.6% grade was challenging.

Time off from work- check

Bike survived Red Lodge- check

I survived Red Lodge- check!

Weather permitting- ????

Might have to trailer down out of the frozen North... but:

Well now, I do believe I'm IN!!!

and booked !!

Sounds like a good outing for The Caravan, and it's on the way to Flagstaff from Torrey, isn't it?

ummmm, nope, not unless you make it the "Long way round"...

I am working that weekend, too bad cause that is my birthday weekend.... maybe.... but highly doubt it.

Edited by Aufevermike

Sounds like a good outing for The Caravan, and it's on the way to Flagstaff from Torrey, isn't it?

ummmm, nope, not unless you make it the "Long way round"...

:wave:

In! and will be making the annual pilgrimage up to Sherman Pass with Bump to see if I can fall down on the left side of my bike for matching road scars.

In! and will be making the annual pilgrimage up to Sherman Pass with Bump to see if I can fall down on the left side of my bike for matching road scars.

There goes the neighborhood...

EDDDDD! I was hoping to hear from you. So glad your nurse showed up to help you type out a message. You and Steven Hawkins make it look so easy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if an ole WV Hillbilly what his wife drug to Texas would be welcome?

Might have to head that way, then down into Los Angeles for a side trip then back to Houston. Considering it.....

I don't know if an ole WV Hillbilly what his wife drug to Texas would be welcome?

Might have to head that way, then down into Los Angeles for a side trip then back to Houston. Considering it.....

You've been on the board since 2006 and you still don't understand that everybody is welcome at any gathering? You need to get out more. :)

Those of us who haven't had the pleasure will look forward to meeting you!

Ted and I are in. Arriving Thursday afternoon. Anybody heard the road condition of the Titus Canyon road?

John, you can check HERE For road conditions.

Post a question about a specific road and you will most likely get the answer you seek.

:wave:

Well, My moto was set for the UN, than Alaska.... Broke my heel which canceled my summer.

I believe that My time has come to commit to some riding and this is a perfect venue .

The fellow at the Exchange Club said that the room is reserved and that is good.

So I am IN

I just noticed My Avatar has disappeared... Heck and I struggled with getting one in a evening of afterride glow while laying over in Fort Bragg years ago... I seem to remember FB calling with some questions why I was logged onto two different computers. Since Heck is planning on being at DVD's maybe we can reenact the drama.

As of now I am still in...Having cataract surgery on 25th of October, so it will be up to my recovery process...Yes this is eye 2, so I should be fair and balanced... :Yes:

Damn... Am I starting to sound like that Fire Captain?????

Roomies?

Anybody want to share a room for Friday and Saturday at the Exchange Club? My travel partner canceled on me today.

(References upon request). :thumbsup:

Roomies?

Anybody want to share a room for Friday and Saturday at the Exchange Club?

Roomie Found!

FB is my lucky guest for the weekend. :clap:

I checked that site and couldn't find anything "current"

j

Hi John.

This was the top post this morning:

Good Morning Death Valley Roads Fans!

The season is upon us. The weather is breaking and soon enough even more visitors from around the world will be descending to the lowest point in North America. Death Valley high season is November through March. Many people come here specifically to explore the over 1,000 miles (1,609 kilometers) of backroads. Backroads in Death Valley range anywhere from maintained dirt roads to extreme rock crawling adventures. Travel prepared and safe this season, and please share your adventures or just show off your rigs here for all to enjoy.

Updates as of 10/9/2016: All roads are open except Scotty's Castle Road/Grapevine Canyon and Lower Wildrose Road (cover photo).

Popular Backroads:

Titus Canyon - 4x4 recommended. Washboard with some large holes and deep ruts.

Saline Valley South Pass - 2WD high clearance. Graders at work. Smooth to the pass, washboard into the valley.

Saline Valley North Pass - 4x4 recommended. Graders at work. Washouts at Wacoba Canyon.

Racetrack Road - High clearance and all-terrain tires are necessary. 4x4 is helpful. Washboard.

Eureka Valley South - 2WD high clearance to the dunes. Great condition.

Big Pine / Death Valley Road - 2WD high clearance. Lot's of washboard.

Echo Canyon - 4x4 high clearance required. Washed out but passable. Route beyond Inyo Mine is very rough. Experienced drivers with capable vehicles required.

Plan ahead and prepare your trip. The newly released seasonal newspaper is a great place to start. https://www.nps.gov/deva/learn/news/newspaper.htm