IGNORED

Impressed with FirstGear support

RPG

About four years ago I purchased a Kiliminjaro jacket and within about a year, the stitching started to unwind for one of the velcro wrist straps. I rode with it but ultimately contacted FG, thinking they wouldn't do anything. But in short order, they sent me a new jacket, free of charge, apologizing for the inconvenience.

So I've had my current Kiliminjaro about two years and it's a great jacket. I love the liner and the neck closure adjustment. But, the silver color started to look sort of dirty or washed out despite my meticulous care.

I took some photos and contacted FG again, not expecting much.

I got an immediate reply with a request to wash the garment in Nikwax (which they sent me over-nite) to see if that resolved the problem. It didn't, so now they are sending me another new Kiliminjaro free of charge. (but now in the darker grey color)

Needless to say, I'm impressed.....again. Very good people to deal with and they actually seem to care, which is rare these days.

http://firstgear-usa.com/

RPG

I had a similar experience with them. One of the snaps on my 3-year-old Kilimanjaro Air broke. I called them up to see if I could buy a replacement snap. The customer service agent said, "No, you can't buy one. But I'll send you one for free." I gave him my address and within a week I received a full 8-pack of snaps rather than just the one I needed. They truly stand behind their products.

I've long thought that their products were of excellent quality and fairly priced. Good to hear that they also are customer focused!

• 7 months later...
Pat Buzzard

After reading this, Firstgear just surged to the top of the list for my new jacket. Thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've long thought that their products were of excellent quality and fairly priced. Good to hear that they also are customer focused!

+1 for me too !

• 1 month later...

I wanted to update my impressions on the latest Kilimanjaro jacket.

When the weather starts getting into the 80's, I switch to my BMW fully vented jacket but the FG seems to live up to it's claim of cooler in hot weather with their 37.5 technology.

I wear a suit and tie to work, but carry a t-shirt for the ride home. Hottest weather so far has been 92F and I was comfortable doing a 60 mile ride home.

The jacket doesn't have a liner so it apparently keeps you cooler or warmer just with the 37.5 technology. Other features I like:

The available venting is just right

The adjustable neck closure

Info from their website.

The 37.5® Kilimanjaro jacket is named after the 37.5® waterproof and breathable barrier. This 37.5® laminate significantly improves the comfort and performance of this technical outerwear by using micro particles to accelerate the capture and release of moisture vapor which helps keep you cooler when it is warm, warmer when it is cool, and above all, dry.