IGNORED

START 2017 - Maggie Valley, NC

Kinsley

Good luck with that - I'm not touching that one! :stir::whistle::wave::lurk:

I do note, however, that there are 3 low mile RT's in the classified section.

2008 RT (Hexhead) 21,000 miles $10,000 Hexhead Link

2013RT (camhead) 4400 miles $13,995 Camhead Link

2015 RTW (Wethead) 5100 miles $16250 Wethead Link

I'm trying to decide between a GSA or an RT. I guess I can't go wrong either way.

Sometimes life gives us difficult choices. :grin:

Good to hear that you will be back on a bike again! :clap::wave:

Sorry it doesn't work out for you in Maggie, Shawn. Here's hoping you can break the current string and join us in the Fall. :bike: Or better yet, things change and you can join us in the valley! :thumbsup:

We have reservations for Wed-Sun ... and we'll try our best to make that a reality.

Great! Positive thinking that your new employer will not miss you for a few days! :thumbsup:

Well, they MAY miss him, but not nearly as much as we'll miss Craig and Terri. So that should make the decision easy - go where you'll be missed - and therefore, needed - most!

BTW - If you need a Dr's note for your new employer, Bob no doubt has pen in hand ready with the assist! :read:

FYI, if you make a reservation via email or on the phone, please mention you're with the BMW Sport Touring group to be sure to get the proper rate quote.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we're all probably hard to get gifts for. Make plans now for START in Maggie Valley and Santa will no doubt get the subtle hint to inquire about your gear needs. And if the Santa that visits your house is the type doesn't take hints very well, you now have a excellent justification to request gear, because you've got to get ready for START!

start%20templet%20whos%20going%20nov%203.jpg

In! Putting it in the calendar for Weds-Sun, probably solo. Already looking forward to it!

Great Christopher - I'm happy a START works into your calendar - back to back events for you this year! :clap::dance::revit:

And YES! We're all absolutely looking forward to it right along with you. I spent the night at our host lodging in Maggie Valley on my way home from FART and had a chance to explore the area. (While Maggie isn't a new location for us, it is for me; as is the host motel for the group) That gave time to not only research group meal possibilities - but to aimlessly wander the surrounding area and roads. I enjoyed it so much, I wished I'd allowed time for an extra night's stay. (Actually, you could say that about any of the locations START and FART are held - and that's a testament to the collective efforts of many.)

For me, returning home to central Indiana after START /FART always leaves a bit of a sting in my side as I come to terms with the mostly flat and straight roads that are my reality here. That always creates an anticipation for the next event - made worse this year by some shoulder surgeries that prevent me riding at all. :ohboy:

I'm counting the days right along with you and others.

Edited by workin' them angels

Should probably add my name to the IN group!

Planning to arrive on Thursday, leave Sunday. Unless we run out of bourbon, then I may have to leave earlier.....

Planning to arrive on Thursday, leave Sunday. Unless we run out of bourbon, then I may have to leave earlier.....

I'd plan for Sunday. ;)

Great Jim! Glad you can make it again!

I'd plan for Sunday. ;)

New bike. Heavier payload. And a HUGE tank a guy like you could partition off to help carry 'other' liquid cargo. :beer:

I know we're all probably hard to get gifts for. Make plans now for START in Maggie Valley and Santa will no doubt get the subtle hint to inquire about your gear needs. And if the Santa that visits your house is the type doesn't take hints very well, you now have a excellent justification to request gear, because you've got to get ready for START!

start%20templet%20whos%20going%20nov%203.jpg

Where is Larry's(Whip) name?

I made a reservation for Thursday through Sunday.

Rumor has it Whip will be following along.

Where is Larry's(Whip) name?

Whip - Any truth to the scandalous rumor that you can join us in Maggie this Spring?

Doesn't that just go without sayin'? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
It's looking like a definite maybe for me. Too far out at this time to commit.

Great Mark! I'll add you to the appropriate category. Hope you can make it - great roads and great people = great time!

• 1 month later...

Spring is closer than it was... uhh . . . yesterday! Time to make plans - Early bird gets the worm ( but the second mouse gets the cheese)!

start%20templet%20whos%20going%20new%20logo%20final%20jan%204.jpg

Yeah, I'm thinking about Maggie Valley and all of you fine people, even (or maybe especially) now, as the temps begin to make it feel more like an actual January around here. In the great scheme of things, the mountains in springtime really aren't that far off.

Yeah, I'm thinking about Maggie Valley and all of you fine people...

+1. But mostly, I'm thinking about Joey's for breakfast. :eat::grin:

Yeah, I'm thinking about Maggie Valley and all of you fine people...

+1. But mostly, I'm thinking about Joey's for breakfast. :eat::grin:

Just one of the many reasons to join us in Maggie - apart from the outstanding riding opportunities. We'll have some more teasers and photos in Feb. For those who haven't been to Maggie before, Joey's Webpage illustrates the view that surrounds you in Maggie. :thumbsup:

joeys%20pancake%20house.jpg

It looks like I have to be in Goldthwaite, Texas for a wedding on April 29th. So the question is, should I show up on Wednesday and leave Friday morning or wait until next year?

Send a stunt double to the wedding :wave:

You could wait 6 months and come to FART too...or the UN is in between them.

Send a stunt double to the wedding :wave:

You could wait 6 months and come to FART too...or the UN is in between them.

Fall is always busy for me. Same reason I have never made it to Fall Torrey.

I have reservations for the UN!

For me, the weekdays - with the reduced traffic - are my favorite. Coming from Indiana, I get a bonus in that my Wed ride - if planned correctly - offers a extra day of windy and hilly roads on the way to START.

Do you have a trailer option - if you could arrive early enough to ride Wed and Thursday, might be worth it. But I've always been a bit crazy that way, thinking nothing of driving all night to make a plan come together. My wife is not a fan of all nighters in the car.

Edited by workin' them angels
For me, the weekdays - with the reduced traffic - are my favorite. Coming from Indiana, I get a bonus in that my Wed ride - if planned correctly - offers a extra day of windy and hilly roads on the way to START.

Do you have a trailer option - if you could arrive early enough to ride Wed and Thursday, might be worth it. But I've always been a bit crazy that way, thinking nothing of driving all night to make a plan come together. My wife is not a fan of all nighters in the car.

I am not a fan of riding at night, but I have done more than my share of it. Last year Larry, Chris and I got an early start on the way home. I ended up leaving them in Shreveport and rode all the way home. So I think I could at least make it back to Texas on Friday night. Early enough that I could ride the rest of the way to the wedding Saturday morning. Of course, my wedding clothes will spend a week folded up in my saddle bags. Might have to bring boots besides my steel tipped MC boots...

I am leaving it up to Larry. If I don't attend START, I could probably ride out to Spring Torrey...

As of now I am planning on attending. It looks like I will be arriving around 1400 on Friday, 28 Apr and staying through Sunday. I have to talk with my professor to see if I can skip out on Friday class/lab.

I am leaving it up to Larry. If I don't attend START, I could probably ride out to Spring Torrey...

Understand about the night riding. I never thought much about it back when I was immortal. :old:

I'm keeping you on the confirmed list in hope that the gravitational pull will be enough to to bring Larry over from the Dark Side.

Wow this weekend is popular

Very big AdvRider Rally in West Virginia

Moto America at Road Atlanta

START

maybe I can go to AdvRider thurs & Friday, Start on Sat, then swing my moto America on Sunday :-)

Great Hutch! I have a slot with your name on it! Hope it works out this year.

Looking forward to meeting you next weekend.

Hi Guys! So, I've got this on my radar... but will likely be a very last minute call and will depend on many factors outside my control. Will post up as soon as I know one way or the other. :wave:

Unfortunately, committed now to take my wife on a special birthday trip this weekend. Please take me off the list. I will miss this great riding event, but will look forward to catching up with folks at FART.

Randy

Arriving Wednesday - along with Panhandle Chuck, Ron M and a few other NW Floridians.

Great Rick - Glad you'll be joining us again! Looking forward to meeting you and the crew!

Reservations have been made. Arriving Wednesday and leaving Sunday. Coming with the folks from the Panama City Beach area of Florida. I will let them check in themselves if they so choose. Let's START......