IGNORED

Temecula Days 2017?

I've gotten a few emails inquiring if there will be a ride in Temecula for 2017. I dunno :S I'm all for it but I'm biased. I was thinking of March 25th for the epic ride. This weekend is free of other activities in Old Town Temecula so we would have it to ourselves. I've heard guys say they would like other lodging options other than Motel 6. Old Town options are limited to Motel 6 ($127 per night) and Rodeway Inn ($154 per night). Temecula has other lodging options but none are within knee walking distance to Old Town. The Rodeway Inn does have a central court yard that would be great for tire kicking and making fun of EDDDDD and is somewhat more luxurious than Motel 6. Let me know the level of interest. For those first timers, I plan a ride that this year will touch the ocean, sand and maybe snow. Plan on 175 to 200 miles in the beautiful Riverside and San Diego foothills. Palomar Mountain is always a must.

Edited by graydude

I'm IN and flexible on accommodations although change can be good.

Oh, and on that ocean bit ... we've heard that one before :rofl:

... But it's nice to be able to walk to restaurants and bars.
2nd that ... my flexibility on lodging was limited to trying the Rodeway :Cool:
...Palomar Mountain is always a must.

Palomar is also about as close to the ocean as this ride gets.

Ya. no kidding.I'm ok with motel 6. Clean and next to Shell 24 hour coffee.Might just ride out and come home after dark.
In, regardless of lodging. But it's nice to be able to walk to restaurants and bars.

Yeah, walking to restaurants is nice. IN pending an adjustment in already planned ride.

Palomar is also about as close to the ocean as this ride gets.

I told you I'd take you to the ocean. I never said anything about getting your tires wet. Bring your floaties this year as I might get you close enough for you to wear them.

I don't have an LT, so I'm kind of disadvantaged, as I can't ride all day like Todd and Dave.

I might try this one though. Maybe Eddd can share his root beer.

:grin:

MB>

Im in. Be leaving the Elephant at home for this 1, will bring the BattleKruzr. Wont matter if Mountain King Carl shows. Is Bud Light sponsoring this one? Chris, come by Havasu on the way in and we'll ambush Edd between Kelso and Amboy.

• 3 weeks later...

Yo, mon frere GrayDude ... any update on 'dis epic ride which may (or may not) include ocean views?

p.s. Señor Havasu : a definite possibility on the rendezvous on the way to Temecula

Yo, mon frere GrayDude ... any update on 'dis epic ride which may (or may not) include ocean views?

p.s. Señor Havasu : a definite possibility on the rendezvous on the way to Temecula

Dang it Mr. Olson, asking questions on New Years Eve of a known party animal?

Even now, at 4:00AM Temecula time I would guess the old boy is just waking up in the alley behind last night's party and is looking for his funny hat, noisemaker, and shoes. He'll likely spend most of the morning crawling back to his house.

Even now, at 4:00AM Temecula time I would guess the old boy is just waking up in the alley behind last night's party and is looking for his funny hat, noisemaker, and shoes. He'll likely spend most of the morning crawling back to his house.

Dang it EDDDD. I never crawl back to my house. I always ride. I have my dignity.

Dang it EDDDD. I never crawl back to my house. I always ride. I have my dignity.

Of course. My mistake.

Did you ever find your shoes?

...Dang it EDDDD. I never crawl back to my house. I always ride. I have my dignity.

Of course. My mistake. Did you ever find your shoes?

... or remember that there was a question about the potential cavalcade of 2 wheeled, motorized vehicles in and around the fair city of Temecula? :rofl:

This, of course, AFTER spending the night at the Motel 6.

The curse of the self employed........

I'm out......scheduling conflict with local home show that weekend.......(gotta hustle them future customers)

You boys have fun

Don J :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I could not get any discounts because we don't have at least ten rooms required. I think the Rodeway Inn at 28718 Front Street in Old Town Temecula will work the best. It has a large courtyard where we can make fun of each other. The hotel is located in the heart of Old Town so night crawling will be easy.

I found the best prices at Hotels.com. Friday night will be $143 and Saturday will be $151. I checked with the hotel and they have availability but they charge more if you book direct with them.

As in the past, I will provide refreshments for the weary Friday travelers. I will be staying Friday and Saturday so I can have maximum exposure with EDDDDDDD. I'm think 9:00 for side stands up. I promise this year there will be sand!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked at the motel.

A word of warning to new comers to this event...if you don't want to be booked...

into the Temecula jail you might want to avoid partying into the wee hours with Todd and Dave.

medium800.jpg

I object. I never party to the Wee Hours. I retire by mid nite. Todd passes out at the dinette in the Wee Hours.

Did it take much energy to throw me all the way under the bus?

I object. I never party to the Wee Hours. I retire by mid nite. Todd passes out at the dinette in the Wee Hours.

Did it take much energy to throw me all the way under the bus?

I'm guessing it didn't take much energy since it is likely you were already passed out on the curb. :lurk:

A word of warning to new comers to this event...if you don't want to be booked...

into the Temecula jail you might want to avoid partying into the wee hours with Todd and Dave.

I guess I've always managed to stop before the hours became wee. Or at least before the cops got there.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpity bump. Just a reminder to start putting the pontoons on your ride in preparation for the fourth annual Temecula Days Hootenanny! The roads should be nice and washed away by the time we hit them. This is good as it will help to keep the speeds down so EDDDDDD can join us.

Call me if you have questions (951) 375-9016

See you soon, Todd

At this point I'm planning to come down for the day on Saturday.

I expect to be there in time for pre ride breakfast, and I'll probably stay for dinner. Just don't have the funds for a motel stay this month.

See ya there!

:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there seems to be a paucity of postings for this reportedly epic - potentially sea viewing - Temecula ride that is rapidly approaching.

Oh great Gray One ... any words of wisdom regarding conditions and route?

Looking forward to seeing friends.

The ride is on a need to know only basis Chris.

I will have more info tomorrow when I complete my pre-ride. The wrench in the works is the desert areas are going crazy with peace loving, flower sniffing, camera totters taking up the roadway. Will advise more tomorrow.

I will have more info tomorrow when I complete my pre-ride. The wrench in the works is the desert areas are going crazy with peace loving, flower sniffing, camera totters taking up the roadway. Will advise more tomorrow.

Desert areas??? I thought this was promoted as a beach/ocean ride? I understand that some of the areas were under an ancient sea, but does that really count? I know you are probably old enough to provide first hand information about how things used to be during the Pleistocene era, but it isn't really the same??

Desert areas??? I thought this was promoted as a beach/ocean ride? I understand that some of the areas were under an ancient sea, but does that really count? I know you are probably old enough to provide first hand information about how things used to be during the Pleistocene era, but it isn't really the same??

Jeesh EDDDDDD! 3:45 in the morning?? Don't sweat it. Dennys will be open soon so you can grab your typical table by the ladies room. It will be a beach/ocean ride with plenty of sandbox time for you. I aim to never disappoint!

The hills are alive with the sound of tuned exhaust! Ride route confirmed today. Yes there will be sand. The hills are beautiful. The flowers in rare blume. The roads are in excellent condition. EDDD will be on his meds. Why not come and join us? Remember, the gathering point will be the Rodeway Inn at the south end of old Town Temecula. Shooting for 9:00. Please have your tanks full.

Bill_Walker
The hills are alive with the sound of tuned exhaust! Ride route confirmed today. Yes there will be sand. The hills are beautiful. The flowers in rare blume. The roads are in excellent condition. EDDD will be on his meds. Why not come and join us? Remember, the gathering point will be the Rodeway Inn at the south end of old Town Temecula. Shooting for 9:00. Please have your tanks full.

Are you going to be there Friday night?

I'll be there Friday afternoon and yes, I'll have one of those beers ... That is, as long as it not Arizona Al's favorite :wave::Cool:

Looks like remembering to bring rain gear might be a good idea, yes ?

Naw. Only 40% chance of rain right now. Won't be to bad

Bill_Walker
Looks like remembering to bring rain gear might be a good idea, yes ?

Always a good idea, but per my Weather Underground app, there's only a 30% chance of precipitation, with a predicted amount of 0.01". So, there's a small chance we might get a little drizzle.