IGNORED

Weaverville Rideout - NorCal: May 19 - 21

(Formerly known as “Dead Center in the Middle of Nowhere.”) With some of the best riding in Northern CA, from the coast to Trinity Lakes, you won’t want to miss our third gathering the weekend of May 19 – 21, 2017. We will be returning to the quaint little Red Hill Motel in Weaverville. Rooms range from $47.25 for a single to $120.75 for a cabin that sleeps four. Some with kitchenettes and covered parking. Call our great host, Patty Holder, at (530) 623-4331 and make your reservations now. For more details, contact Dave Swift (drswift) or Mark Bonner (mbelectric). (This is a small motel, so don't wait to make your reservations.)

• 2 weeks later...

Booked the other day.

Looking forward to see'n East Coast and West Coast folks!

That's good ride out here for you Marty. Thought you didn't want to do anymore cross country rides...

Riding across the country after 20+ times has become very boring. I'll probably ship to a friends house in norcal. My son has a farm up near the oregon border so I'll visit him for awhile after the weekend. After that? I haven't a clue! :dopeslap:

I'm liking the group that's shaping up. :thumbsup:

Marty, you are welcome to store your bike here in SJ. Occupied warehouse and airport pickup if you need it. PM me.

Mark.

Riding across the country after 20+ times has become very boring. I'll probably ship to a friends house in norcal. My son has a farm up near the oregon border so I'll visit him for awhile after the weekend. After that? I haven't a clue! :dopeslap:

What? You have another friend in NorCal? :rofl:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wish I could. Work always seems to have plant shutdowns in conflict with this event :mad:. I'm hoping to retire before they can prevent me from coming to the next one. Ride safe........

• 1 month later...
Bill_Walker
Guess I'm too late. They're full.

Yeah, the place isn't very big. Watch this space in case somebody cancels when the date gets closer.

• 5 weeks later...

Just spoke with Patty. The big house is open. It has a bedroom with a queen and a twin. There is a common area with a full kitchen and two more twins. I think she said $136/nt.

Sharon and I are hoping for a cancellation on one of the regular rooms. Please post or pm if anyone cancels. Thanks.

I stayed at the Red Top last week ( third of May ) and Patty mentioned that they built a pretty nice Horseshoe Pit up in back and that shoes are avaliable to guests. The weather was wonderful , though the roads were skitchy due to rainfall and snowfall. As of the 4th of May....

36 was open

3 was open

96 was one way with delays in places

Forks of the Salmon , one way/ delay ... short wait

A lot can change of course in two weeks

Can't make it... and we were really looking forward to a Northern ride.

Just cancelled. So, there's number 7 available.

Ya'll have great time!

:wave:

Bill_Walker
Can't make it... and we were really looking forward to a Northern ride.

Just cancelled. So, there's number 7 available.

Ya'll have great time!

:wave:

:cry:

FlyingFinn

I'm out. Can't make it this time.

I'll call in my cancellation tomorrow, if anyone needs the room at Red Hill.

Bill_Walker
I'm out. Can't make it this time.

I'll call in my cancellation tomorrow, if anyone needs the room at Red Hill.

:cry:

"TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Caltrans will be installing an underdrain on Route 96 just south of Weitchpec from Saturday, May 20 through Thursday, May 25. The road will be fully closed for excavations from 9:00 a.m. to noon, and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. each of those days. Motorists should plan their routes accordingly. One-way traffic control will remain in effect at this location through the summer months."

"TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Caltrans will be installing an underdrain on Route 96 just south of Weitchpec from Saturday, May 20 through Thursday, May 25. The road will be fully closed for excavations from 9:00 a.m. to noon, and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. each of those days. Motorists should plan their routes accordingly. One-way traffic control will remain in effect at this location through the summer months."

Well that kinda sucks. Looks like maybe a detour exists on the west side of the river if a group wanted to do a 96/3 loop on sat.

I'm trying to decide which bike to ride. :dontknow::dance:

TheDigginDutchman

In and booked my nephew Nicholas and I hope to roll in friday afternoon. See y'all

Soon.

Cornelis

Planning to be there late afternoon. Working around a 3pm call I can't shirk.

Any plans for Saturday in people's minds?

96/3 loop to Yreka? One of the most amazing rides I know....

36/299 loop to Eureka? Also fantastic...

Lassen?

Forest roads?

local stuff?

Dirt?

Sit around and drink lattes and tell lies?

What's happening?

Lassen?

Forest roads?

local

Dirt?

What's happening?

We're in for a ride to Eureka.

Lassen?

Forest roads?

local

Dirt?

What's happening?

We're in for a ride to Eureka.

For those wanting a shorter ride Saturday, I am going to try to find out if the road to Hyampom is paved.