IGNORED

START 2017 - Maggie Valley, NC

Kinsley

I'm going to say IN, but I frankly have no idea if I can make it, and if so for how many days.

+1....

That's a long way from New England...

I'm currently in VA Beach, but have only been applying for positions with some companies in CT.

Regardless of where I get hired, the number of miles won't matter ... only the ability to take the time off. :thumbsup:

I'm currently in VA Beach, but have only been applying for positions with some companies in CT.

Regardless of where I get hired, the number of miles won't matter ... only the ability to take the time off. :thumbsup:

Good men are hard to find. Once you're settled in, Ken and I will ride up and pay a visit to the Boss Man and make sure he sees things the way he should! :cuz:

Oh wait, I'm not so sure that would do wonders for your career. :ohboy::whistle:

When the dust settles, if you can't make it, we'll kick up our kickstands in your honor and celebrate your new job. :beer::bike:

In. The Florida Panhandle crew.

Great Chuck, nice Florida group in the works! :clap::thumbsup:

Good men are hard to find. Once you're settled in, Ken and I will ride up and pay a visit to the Boss Man and make sure he sees things the way he should! :cuz:

Oh wait, I'm not so sure that would do wonders for your career. :ohboy::whistle:

Yea, I'm sure Dave and I can put in a word for ya...that should keep you unemployed and available :Yes:

Yea, I'm sure Dave and I can put in a word for ya...that should keep you unemployed and available :Yes:

No, no, no ... that's really ok, guys. I mean you really don't need to do anything ... more importantly SAY anything on my behalf ... I mean like EVER! :rofl:

Nice n Easy Rider

After having missed the last few of these events I'll be arriving on Wed. the 26th with my friend Mark (Bayles) and staying through Sunday. Really forward to it after last year being my lowest mileage year in 10 years.

After having missed the last few of these events I'll be arriving on Wed. the 26th with my friend Mark (Bayles) and staying through Sunday. Really forward to it after last year being my lowest mileage year in 10 years.

:clap::clap:

I think Asheville was the last time you were able to work us in? Looking forward to seeing you George and starting off the season right by getting in some miles on great roads with a even greater group of riders.

Nice n Easy Rider

Likewise Dave.

Yes, I think Asheville was my last BMWST trip and also the last (hopefully) of my run of 4 rear flats over something like 6K miles.

I expect to be coming up to Maggie Valley on a new set of PR4's which hopefully will get me at least 7-8 K.

See you in a few months.

Panhandle Chuck

Hey, I can be a "First time Attendee" if it comes with unlimited alcoholic beverages, meals, and lodging. Otherwise, I must admit to attending multiple STARTS and FARTS!

Hey, I can be a "First time Attendee" if it comes with unlimited alcoholic beverages, meals, and lodging. Otherwise, I must admit to attending multiple STARTS and FARTS!

You're admitting to consorting with a notorious bunch - I'd tried to subtly shelter you from prior affiliation. :wave:

Thanks for setting me straight, I missed it. :dopeslap:

I wish I could extend to you another complimentary all inclusive accommodation package, but the unlimited lodging with meal and beverage plan is only valid for first timers -I trust you enjoyed the first time.

I must also regretfully announce that with the demonstrated confusion of Yours Truly, the First Timer Complimentary lodging, food and adult beverage program is suspended until further notice. :read::shake:

Sorry for being so late. I was waiting on the dates for a family get together in New Orleans. Those dates have been moved to late March so I can make this!!

In for Wednesday-Sunday!!

Alan

I completely put in an entirely new Solar Power system. 5 weeks turned into a 3 month install. I don't think I was on the computer for 2 months!

Alan

I completely put in an entirely new Solar Power system. 5 weeks turned into a 3 month install. I don't think I was on the computer for 2 months!

Alan

What were the effects of withdrawal? :grin:

Late? So few posts lately I figured you had died!!!! :wave:

Who's this Bud character? I don't see his name on the START list. :java:

Sorry for being so late. I was waiting on the dates for a family get together in New Orleans. Those dates have been moved to late March so I can make this!!

In for Wednesday-Sunday!!

Alan

Great Alan - wouldn't be the same without you! All new solar? Offsetting the impact of the Valdez? :bike::revit::burnout:

No offset, I have been off the grid for 30yrs. Everything has gotten better and cheaper since I first started. So it was time for an update. Plus with all this global warming I wanted to run AC in the summer!

Alan

Late? So few posts lately I figured you had died!!!! :wave:

Who's this Bud character? I don't see his name on the START list. :java:

It seems if I get on the list, then things prevent me from attending. So I'm sitting on the sideline, waiting and watching. :wave:

But thanks for recognizing my "character"! :clap:

Reservations made for Friday and Saturday. Hope to be there by 1400 on Friday.

Looking forward to finally putting faces to bikes.

Mike

I have been off the grid for 30yrs. . Plus with all this global warming I wanted to run AC in the summer!

Alan

Cool :spittake:

In.

Great Jake, looking forward to seeing you again. I have a sneaky feeling your excitement level will be exponentially multiplied by the time you arrive on your Du-caddy. :revit::bike::burnout::read:

I am jealous.

Understandable. Spread the jealousy - join us! :wave::whistle:

Reservations made for Friday and Saturday. Hope to be there by 1400 on Friday.

Looking forward to finally putting faces to bikes.

Mike

Glad it's going to work out for you Mike! :clap:

Hey Guys.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'll be attending Start 2017 from Wednesday evening through Sunday morning. I'm coming down with Barry from Bethesda, MD. I ride a 2011 R12R Classic. I'm really looking forward to meeting fellow riders passionate about sport touring.

Peter

Chevy Chase, MD

DyAnne and I are in. Arriving on Wed and leaving on Sunday.

Excellent Mike! I have you both down :dance::clap:

Hey Guys.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'll be attending Start 2017 from Wednesday evening through Sunday morning. I'm coming down with Barry from Bethesda, MD. I ride a 2011 R12R Classic. I'm really looking forward to meeting fellow riders passionate about sport touring.

Peter

Chevy Chase, MD

Welcome Peter! You'll certainly meet plenty of passionate riders. Several also share a duel passion for Bourbon once the sun and kickstands are down.

Kudos for jumping right in; once you get a taste of the roads down yonder, you'll being joining us regularly. :Yes::revit::read:

Blind Squirrel

I won't have my motorcycle back in time for this event :(. I shipped it out to California for a ride down into Baja. I won't get it back until sometime in May.

Several also share a duel passion for Bourbon once the sun and kickstands are down.

Ehh . . While that statement might be factually true, what I meant to say was 'Several also share a dual passion for Bourbon [and various other adult beverages]. . . :beer:

Like they say, you just can't find good help anymore! :S:dopeslap::P

I won't have my motorcycle back in time for this event :(. I shipped it out to California for a ride down into Baja. I won't get it back until sometime in May.

Baja = fun! Glad you'll be getting some riding in. Sounds like your bike will be back in plenty of time for FART! :Yes:

Edited by workin' them angels
In.

In that case, I might make the long drive up for dinner on Saturday night. The Vette needs to stretch it's legs. :)

I had not thought of that. I had signed up and recently decided to pass on riding the bike up/it might be elsewhere by then. I'll drive up for dinner, if fact I think I owe Jake a dinner! :thumbsup:

I thought about cancelling my reservations due to the previously mentioned wedding I must attend.

I have instead changed them to arrive on Wednesday and leave Friday morning. So I will have one full day to ride in the area.

Chris - so far I think you get the 'Extra Effort' award. I consulted the Big Prize-0-Meter and you won . . . complimentary food and booze Saturday night! Sorry you won't be here to claim your prize. :spittake:

Not to worry - Ken and I have arranged Dinner, Boozing and Dancing for you back in TX on Saturday night. :eat::beer:

Nice one on that last classification Dave, very apropos. You and Tasker might think of meeting up and riding down together. You'll find that you two are like two brothers from another mother. :Cool:

In.

In that case, I might make the long drive up for dinner on Saturday night. The Vette needs to stretch it's legs. :)

I had not thought of that. I had signed up and recently decided to pass on riding the bike up/it might be elsewhere by then. I'll drive up for dinner, if fact I think I owe Jake a dinner! :thumbsup:

Marty, Shawn - I was going to head back on Friday, but this is reason enough to request an extra day of play in the mountains. Let me know if you boys are serious and I'll stay put. That's if Ken doesn't smoke all of the primo cigars I'm going to stick under his nose.

Jake, don't stay extra time for me. I can come up any day while your there. If the north side of atlanta isn't out of the way come stay for a night.

Nice one on that last classification Dave, very apropos. You and Tasker might think of meeting up and riding down together. You'll find that you two are like two brothers from another mother. :Cool:

In.

Marty, Shawn - I was going to head back on Friday, but this is reason enough to request an extra day of play in the mountains. Let me know if you boys are serious and I'll stay put. That's if Ken doesn't smoke all of the primo cigars I'm going to stick under his nose.

Better get the box, you'll get price break :wave: