IGNORED

2017 BMW R 1200 GS and Rallye

TEWKS

• 1 month later...

Pat, here ya go :Cool: Went to an open house at my favorite dealer Saturday and looked at this and had some good eats. Wish I needed a bike like this and traveled cross country. The "Force" was strong with this one.

IMG_4057%20Custom_zpsbyhwaf1m.jpg

Nice lowered 2017 GSA. 24 K. I could flat foot it. I also sat on a '16 low GS and it felt a lot different to me. And I was not flat footed and the seat was not as comfortable for some reason. The ADV is huge with the big tank but sitting and throwing it a little side to side did not feel as top heavy as the regular GS to me. Seemed strange as the GSA tank is huge. If I needed a cross country bike, this would be the one. :thumbsup:

Looks great Doug! :thumbsup:

Hey don't tell anyone but I actually enjoyed trucking my bike out to Colorado last summer. :grin:

I did come very close to pulling the trigger on that bike in triple black a month ago but, took a deep breath and thought about what kind of riding stoked the fire lately.

Bigger may not be better this time.

Pat

Pat, here ya go :Cool: Went to an open house at my favorite dealer Saturday and looked at this and had some good eats. Wish I needed a bike like this and traveled cross country. The "Force" was strong with this one.

IMG_4057%20Custom_zpsbyhwaf1m.jpg

Nice lowered 2017 GSA. 24 K. I could flat foot it. I also sat on a '16 low GS and it felt a lot different to me. And I was not flat footed and the seat was not as comfortable for some reason. The ADV is huge with the big tank but sitting and throwing it a little side to side did not feel as top heavy as the regular GS to me. Seemed strange as the GSA tank is huge. If I needed a cross country bike, this would be the one. :thumbsup:

I picked up the 2016 version of that bike in RED as pictured. Because it was a 2016 the dealership wanted to get rid of it so I got a good deal. I traded a 2014 RT for it and I wish I had gotten one of these long time ago. The 7.9 gallon tank is great for going to far way places.

Bill in Phoenix

• 1 month later...

I was half heartedly GSA shopping in the fall and the sales guy said he expects a similar update to the Adventure. (he knew he made a mistake by letting that slip :grin:) Liking what I see, I'll hold out for the refresh on the ADV.

Pat