IGNORED

Portland Oregon Monthly Meet & Greet

Dinner time again, first of the year!! Hope everyone had an enjoyable couple of months "off" and that everyone is surviving the unusual winter we have been having.

We will start the year doing the same thing we did last year, dinner each month on the third Wednesday, at the same location. If there is a desire to try somewhere else etc, bring it to the dinner and let's talk. Change is always good, well for dinner at least.

For those who may be new to the group or just now finding time to drop by, these are pretty informal dinners, actually not even close being any kind of formal. No club requirements, no fees (other than your own dinner tab) and no requirements period other than a fondness of bikes and a desire to have dinner with other folks who like bikes.

So:

Wednesday, January 18, 2017.

Time: 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Where: Golden Valley Brewery

1520 Northwest Bethany Boulevard

Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Reservations will be under my name and BMW Motorcycles.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

We're probably a little far south to make it back by Wednesday... (in theory we'll be flying back for a week next month and might be able to make it though...) -

if anyone else shows up, tell 'em we say hola :)

32066780261_3691158ce9_n.jpg

Looks like all is going well so far for your troop. Ok, maybe some replacement parts here and there, but you're still moving and having fun it looks like. Safe travels friend.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really sure where the past month has gone, but it's dinner time again!

For those who may be new to the group or just now finding time to drop by, these are pretty informal dinners, actually not even close being any kind of formal. No club requirements, no fees (other than your own dinner tab) and no requirements period other than a fondness of bikes and a desire to have dinner with other folks who like bikes.

So:

Wednesday, February 15, 2017.

Time: 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Where: Golden Valley Brewery

Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Reservations will be under my name and BMW Motorcycles.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

AdventurePoser

For a guy who won the OR BMWMOA contest year before, I'm being a sissy about riding ALL the way to Portland to meet other other riders. We'll see how the weather and work schedule goes...might be able to make it at least in April. :clap:

Edited by AdventurePoser

Dude - we came all the way up from Austin this week - come on!

...there maybe have been a 737 involved....maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

Monthly dinner time again folks!! Hope to see you there.

When, this Wednesday, March 15th.

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Where, the Golden Valley Brewery

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 1 month later...

When, this Wednesday, April 19th, 2017

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

When, this Wednesday, May 17th, 2017

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

• 1 month later...

Monthly dinner time again folks!! Hope to see you there. Still at the same place, but will discuss trying to find a new place just to change things up a bit.

When, this Wednesday, June 21st, 2017

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 1 month later...

Late post, but oh well. Missed last month due to rally and well, forgot. So here it is. Going to try something new this month and go to the Bethany Public House. GVB was getting old, so when it gets old, try something new. Other than bikes, you don't get rid of old bikes, you just buy new and keep the old...anyway..........

August 16th, 2017......

Bethany Public House

4840 NW Bethany Blvd

Portland, OR 97229

Basically NW Bethany and NW Laidlaw. I might suggest using Bethany and not 143/Kaiser to get there. I think that route gets busy. Don't know though, Bethany may be a crappy route too. Its Portland after all.

Let's still aim for 5:45 and see what happens. All of the other stuff is the same.........

Brian

Edited by bmwsit
  • 1 month later...

So here we are again, time for dinner. Let's try the same place as last month and see how it does again. I will be in Salem until 5pm, so I most likely will not make it at 5:45, but will get there as soon as I an. So,

September 20th, 2017......

Bethany Public House

4840 NW Bethany Blvd

Portland, OR 97229

Basically NW Bethany and NW Laidlaw. I might suggest using Bethany and not 143/Kaiser to get there. I think that route gets busy. Don't know though, Bethany may be a crappy route too. Its Portland after all.

Let's still aim for 5:45 and see what happens. All of the other stuff is the same.........

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Where has the year gone and most importantly, how did the prime riding season disappear so quickly? This Wednesday's dinner will be our last dinner for the year. With the weather not cooperating, with holidays coming up, its just easier to stay home for the next two months rather than venturing out fighting the dark, wet nights and the Prius crowded and dangerous streets of Portland.

Dinner this time will be at a new place, just to try it out. We all ride for the adventure and the unknown yes, let's live on the wild side and go somewhere new.

When: Wednesday, October 18, 2017.

5515 SW Canyon Ct,

Portland, OR 97221

There are multiple locations, please go to the correct one!

Time: We can still aim for 5:45 as their happy hour runs until 6pm. Don't know what is on their happy hour menu, but if you are frugal it may be an option

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 5 months later...

Ok sports fans, its time to get the dinners going again. We took a few more months off longer than planned, but given the goofy weather, maybe not a bad thing. Besides, maybe it will finally get nice and we can actually ride vs drive to dinner. I have looked around to try to find a place that was not too far out, too close in, too far off the highway, too small, too large etc etc. Best I could come up with for now is the Si Senor off of Cedar Hills and Barnes. So let's try there and see what happens.

When: Wednesday, March 21, 2018.

11525 SW Choban Ln

Portland, OR 97225

Time: We can still aim for 5:45 pm

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Don't tell anyone, but its time for dinner again and it might be kind of nice! Still a few days off, but let's hope.

Last month went pretty well at Si Senor. Let's try it again for another month and then in May we will most likely try another place..................

When: Wednesday, April 18, 2018

11525 SW Choban Ln

Portland, OR 97225

Time: Let's aim for about 6pm

Hope to see you there.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

For May 16, 2018. We currently are not going to a regular place and last month's turn out was rather low. We had a great time chatting, but still a dismal turn out. This month I have to work on Wednesday evening so NO DINNER this month. Next month we hope to pick back up and will either be going to the new Bargarten (think Gustav's but with a "beer tent-ish feel) or to the BG Food Cartel (food carts with indoor seating). If you have a preference or experience at either location, please let me know. I have been to Bargarten and think it would work for the group, but they do not split checks. I have no experience with the food carts, looks like a pretty good selection of eats though. Let me know what you all think. See you next month.

• 1 month later...

Sorry folks, once again this month a prior commitment is on the same night as the dinner. I was hoping to have it this time at the Bargarten in Beaverton :2905 SW Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005. Now this is not my gig entirely, so it can go one without me, but as sometimes I am the only one that shows up, and maybe one other person, I hesitate to have it if I can't be there. So, this is not an official unofficial dinner, but if you want to show up and see if anyone else does, please do. Our regular time is 6pm-ish. Go by, give it a try (I have been twice and enjoyed it both times) and see if any other BMWs show up.

Keep your fingers crossed for next month!

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Chief Joseph is done and the National is now done, must be July and a busy schedule is still busy, but there is time free on Wednesday for dinner! And Wednesday looks to be the coolest day of the week, so let's get our bikes out and ride to eat.

Let's try Bargarten, in Beaverton. I think they should be able to accommodate us and the food has been good there in the past.

I have a reservation for 6pm under my name. Hopefully this will give people time to fight traffic and make it to the location.

Where: Bargarten: 2905 SW Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005

When: July 18, 2018

Time:6pm

Hope to see you there.

Brian