IGNORED

START 2017 - Maggie Valley, NC

Kinsley

Well, the good news... is I've finally gotten some work opportunities. The bad news is they're recent, so not in a position to take off just yet.

Hope everyone has a great time. I will hope to see you this Summer or Fall.

xoxo

Shannon

Great news and congrats on getting some opportunities! Sorry we'll miss you, but hope things will work out for later in the year.

Out!

A real bummer too as I was going to expose all of you to my Son-In-Law who unlike me is one hell of an American.

I'll keep the cigars sealed up and ready for the Un which I can't miss or I'll have to answer to Mr. Roe.

The folks at the hotel are on vacation, but after the e-mail and voice mail I just left I'm sure the room will open up in the next day or so.

Enjoy friends, see you at the Un.

I've got a couple of riding buddies here in Clarksville, Gary and Jimmie who are going to join us starting Thursday. Gary rides an old Honda and Jimmy is on an '07 Road King. In addition, one of their friends, Chuck is coming as well.

Out!

A real bummer too as I was going to expose all of you to my Son-In-Law who unlike me is one hell of an American.

I'll keep the cigars sealed up and ready for the Un which I can't miss or I'll have to answer to Mr. Roe.

The folks at the hotel are on vacation, but after the e-mail and voice mail I just left I'm sure the room will open up in the next day or so.

Enjoy friends, see you at the Un.

Sorry to hear Jake - We'll look forward to meeting your Son in Law and your new bike soon!

I've got a couple of riding buddies here in Clarksville, Gary and Jimmie who are going to join us starting Thursday. Gary rides an old Honda and Jimmy is on an '07 Road King. In addition, one of their friends, Chuck is coming as well.

Awesome Mike, looking forward to meeting them. :clap:

FYI, I have a friend who lives in Maggie Valley and they just informed me that there has been a lot of construction on I-40 West of Asheville with stop and go traffic, so plan your approach to START accordingly.

Google Maps

Thanks for the warning.

Mounted new shoes on the R12RT and I should be ready for START. :clap:

The count down continues. :thumbsup:

I am going to give the Metzler RoadTec 01 HWM a try.

V6LpXDjB0t_8l6Z3zAW0lQ3K5yKRpbxlyiMR-gbiBiOFDKWifLnnWm9Lz67x7KUSAvJhRo3Su4XONHVM3AeUwL9HeCIKWhBbeZOQUHT7niftsvd20OiGO-zQqis-PpyV9UcNFygGHEyGBqqx4RMQKkPx7LZEJbquUTlIA5I-mOs64MxWnrMWGwKkEIFq5KmMWCaao4ZuL51OWJKS9hyJlCPQE8-FLYuE_K-xz0YCA0TxVFhtKe-EWWNiOG9Myuga6wYygewwblsgauCl4bdprwmhvermpJ5_vEk16ZK_5r40V1yXMkGSV8uyvjhfP1h8T8BY7cSfvs2CkMUz8wrZCz-T0T6T0KY1vhDVA8_C65PRdWTVxsTwEMD8BynoxRIAynU_Cdo9Md8URWBm4yBzvVpRnac83GxNM8buAlQuZaxIssE17zELmdNroCrSEU8cVjYwKRNBhPKE-QJCIgkBhQ6X1MHtf3NIQo24wTv3BCOaa7hJx6YxLBnrzle29XyzUYazulaSH6qe1DkXVs8qE40D8-O64a-TDyWDd7ipnKZHKWrmf88AYOhSzPLkTlrT9m563ffR9lHC6GhuL4iTreaX3pEOW71Tn156iAZIQgJjuxOXt1dVgg=w1556-h1166-no?.jpg

Is it too early to talk about bourbon tasting?? :whistle:

I haven't been too impressed by Eagle Rare in the past. But, our local liquor store hand selected their own barrel and this one is VERY tasty and reasonably priced. Unfortunately, somebody drank most of it? :dontknow:

So, I'm going to grab another one and stuff it down my pannier. See you all in a week. :beer:

Well, I can't help you with the Bourbon, as the distillery I installed last fall has only vodka ready for consumption. I think the bourbon has to age a little longer.

Sorry, but I won't have control of my timing for FART either.

That can be embarrassing! Umm . . uhhh... A ..uhh.. friend once shared situation he found himself in. :whistle::whistle::computer:

Hate that you can't make it, but a big high-five for new opportunities! :Yes:

See you in May.

Keith - Keep hanging on, it'll be time to mount up before you know it!

IN again! Work has been postponed for a week, so I can take my PTO afterall... Yay :clap:

I sure hope there is a taste of something when I arrive friday afternoon. :dopeslap:

Marty, just look for the half finished bottles from the night before outside Mike's door! :grin:

still looking for a room share. If you only have Friday and Sat that is fine. I will just come up Friday, instead of Thursday. thanks

I sure hope there is a taste of something when I arrive friday afternoon. :dopeslap:

Marty, just look for the half finished bottles from the night before outside Mike's door! :grin:

I'll be bringing a bottle of vino. :thumbsup:

Tick tack tick tack :wave:

One more week.

Is that your final drive going out? :rofl:

No, man. He's offering you a breath mint. You know what they say - if someone offers you a mint, it's a hint. :)

Tick tack tick tack :wave:

One more week.

Is that your final drive going out? :rofl:

No, man. He's offering you a breath mint. You know what they say - if someone offers you a mint, it's a hint. :)

:rofl::rofl: Thanks, I needed a laugh today.

Of course, but, remember, no one every sold a million records about bourbon.

:Cool:

An outsider would easily know the START attendees know each other pretty well...and we're likely to drink...a little. :rofl:

We're a week out and we're talking about what we're drinking and nobody has mentioned the weather yet, we're committed :clap:

The weather forecast for next weekend looks pretty good, but we are going to be using it to move boxes to our new house (closing April 28). About 15 more boxes have been added since I took this photo last weekend, bringing us up to about 400 cubic feet of "stuff":

a0.png

For the furniture, we will be renting a U-Haul truck on May 2, loading it, then driving up to Dahlonega on May 3. So no START 2017 for us.

szurszewski
I hope your new place doesn't need an urgent unplanned kitchen remodel due to a slab leak. DAMHIK!

2017022608331771-IMG_1115-L.jpg

Yikes! I hope you wanted a new everything!

In unrelated news, we found a place down the road from Creekside that will, sort of begrudgingly, let us stay there with the mutts, so we're showing up for this thing on Thursday sometime. I don't know what it's about, but Greiffster said there'd be bourbon...so....

Josh,

Great news. :clap: Nicol and I are excited to see you guys again. For you, I'll bring the blackberry wine. :Yes:

szurszewski
Josh,

Great news. :clap: Nicol and I are excited to see you guys again. For you, I'll bring the blackberry wine. :Yes:

Ok, let's talk about that - I'm confident I would still find that stuff pleasant, but to be fair, after the two REALLY good bottles we'd already gone through, I think just about anything would have seemed good.

Josh,

The blackberry wine sucks. :spittake: In fact, it's more a Clarksville novelty than it is wine. You weren't supposed to notice after the other two.

Josh -so glad you all can join us! :clap:

Still a few rooms available, it's not too late to join the fun! This is your chance to meet the entire Bakery Quest Crew - including Cousin Eddy and Culprit! :thumbsup:

start%20templet%20whos%20final%20apl%2021.jpg

SWEET SASSY MALASSY!! The event you've waited all Winter for is just days away! :beer::clap::dance:

To give you something to ponder while you plan your route and pack up, here's some registration info and the current list of attendees and their origin states.

When you register, there will be a table adjacent to the front desk for you and those in your group to note your arrival and the distance you traveled to get to Maggie. It will look something like this:

img040.jpg

This is the sheet we'll use to tally up the the total distance traveled by the group. We'll also have the mileage contest info for you to to send/txt your pictures to. Once you do that, like a Donkey Eatin' A Waffle, you'll be set to enter the Contest Extravaganza(!) Friday night at Snappy's

Note there are a few coming that I don't have info for, and remember - husband/wife and families will count as ONE for mileage purposes, but those individuals are in fact listed individually on this list! Hey - I'm not doing all your work for ya!

State Riders

AL 1

DC 1

FL 7

GA 7

IN 3

LA 1

MD 2

MI 1

NC 10

OH 2

OR** 3 Wild Card

SC 2

TN 9

VA 2

Unknown 3

Still a few rooms available, it's not too late to join the fun! This is your chance to meet the entire Bakery Quest Crew - including Cousin Eddy and Culprit! :thumbsup:

...hide your snacks.

Just to rehearse the mileage contest:

1) When you arrive, record your personal mileage from your point of origin to Maggie Valley Creekside on the sheet provided.

2) To get your entry to guess the total mileage for the group, submit a group, selfie, scenery (or combination of such) photo to Ken or me from your journey to or while at START 2017.

Each photo will only count for one person - so if you are in a group of 5, you would need to 5 (different) photos for everyone in your group to get an entry. One of you can submit pictures for you entire group, they do not have to be individually submitted, but just mention who the photos are for.

2.5) Where to send your pictures will be revealed when you check in.

3) Everyone who has a picture submitted by them or for them will get an entry at dinner Friday night and we'll get our crack team of accountants to research and announce the winner before meals end.

**There's a very, very good chance there will be another winner announced for a unannounced contest (hint).

Ken will use some of the pictures in 'Ride Tales'. Our hope is that we'd get representative photos that document a typical START/FART.

If that still seems complicated: To get an entry - submit a picture by Friday night.

Remember - Josh has been on a months long trip, so his mileage will be significant! :read::stir:

Edited by workin' them angels
Jake, that's horrible. Hope ins. covers most if not all.

Ditto.

At least you aren't in Italy.

;)

...hide your snacks.

Cousin Eddy? I think you must be talking about Harley (at least that is what I called him when they were here and, if there was food involved, he came!)

szurszewski

...hide your snacks.

Man. The little guy eats a box of doughnuts, a bag of chips and annum of chocolate covered pretzels and suddenly he has a reputation. I can't actually think of anything he's scared on this trip...

One time my first dog ate a whole German chocolate cake. We didn't think it was his doing until he "returned" it later that day.

How far do I need to stretch this ride out to qualify :rofl::rofl:

Colorado, Washington, Chicken Alaska. That should do it. :wave:

szurszewski

Colorado, Washington, Chicken Alaska. That should do it. :wave:

Might be a little early in the year for Chicken; projected low for tonight is 11F

Hey, you could always meet Rightspin and me for lunch in Comer, GA. That should be a long enough detour. :wave:

Hey, you could always meet Rightspin and me for lunch in Comer, GA. That should be a long enough detour. :wave:

That is the problem with a mileage contest like this one. I, and most of the the BMWST Board members I have ridden with, never take the shortest way to anywhere when on their motorcycle! :grin:

Edited by Endobobdds

Yes, the contest is a bit of a guess even if you knew exactly where everyone is coming from. You have to calculate how "out of the way" most of us might ride to get there. The final number could be pretty interesting.

Yes, the contest is a bit of a guess even if you knew exactly where everyone is coming from. You have to calculate how "out of the way" most of us might ride to get there. The final number could be pretty interesting.

The biggest "guess" is how to you calculate Josh Szurszewki and his family's mileage. From the point they were at when they decided to attend START '17 or from their departure from last year's UnRally in Red Lodge, MT on their trip of a lifetime! :S

I think we should have a contest to guess the total weight of all participants, before -- and after -- the event.

What do you think?

Mike, Walter and I are stopping at Tellico Grains Bakery for lunch Wednesday. We should make it by Noon. If you are in the neighborhood drop it.

Alan

I think we should have a contest to guess the total weight of all participants, before -- and after -- the event.

What do you think?

I think you're cruel but honest :thumbsup: