IGNORED

START 2017 - Maggie Valley, NC

Kinsley

Selden - you and Jake need to learn to read the signs - they're telling you to pack up and head to Maggie.

Um, yeahhh. The signs are deafening. Just now received these from SIL who wisely continued on his trip with his brother despite me bailing. Here was his morning. I think I will kick my dog. I'm supposed to be having lunch at Tellico Grains today.

Hey, that's my bike!

i-7xBmdT6-M.jpg

i-mKGL9GM-S.jpg

i-RcRLM6g-XL.jpg

Randy -.Dinner is Friday at 6:30 at Snappy's. Are you coming?

Edited by workin' them angels

yes turns out Mr. Patterson has a room with two beds. just confirmed this morning. However it will be late Thursday evening, I have to work until 2pm on Thursday then will head up. I have a 4- 5 hour route planned so I should arrive around 7pm. take into account the hour (I always get lost) time and more like 8pm :-)

"official" dinner Friday.

Let's try it.

:thumbsup:

At that dinner, we can plan the unOfficial dinner for Saturday.

:)

:wave:

Selden - you and Jake need to learn to read the signs - they're telling you to pack up and head to Maggie.

Um, yeahhh. The signs are deafening. Just now received these from SIL who wisely continued on his trip with his brother despite me bailing. Here was his morning. I think I will kick my dog. I'm supposed to be having lunch at Tellico Grains today.

Hey, that's my bike!

i-7xBmdT6-M.jpg

i-mKGL9GM-S.jpg

i-RcRLM6g-XL.jpg

Looks to me that they have already "START"ed. :grin:

Salt in the wounds Jake - Ouch!

Randy - glad you can make it! Things should be in full swing when you arrive Thursday!

Speaking of salt, we're going to be at. The Salty Dog, about 2/3 of a mile West of the hotel, on Socco Road, across the street, in 30 minutes. :lurk: Dinner :lurk::wave:

szurszewski

We are hanging out down the road at Stonebridge RV park - holed up with the pups in a tiny cabin. Got a bit wet on the parkway today, but I imagine the scenery was amazing (don't know though as I couldn't see a bit of it through the fog around us and rain and mist on the shield!).

Thinking of maybe going down to Deal's Gap tomorrow as we've never been here and it seems like we should - but who knows. Weather was great once we got here ;)

Lone_RT_rider

I hope everyone has a fun, spirited and safe ride this weekend! I miss everyone like crazy. With yet another job change currently going on and a wedding just a week away, I just can't be there. Here's a few pics from a past event to ease my pain a bit. I miss all of you very much.

BRR%20002-L.jpg

BRR%20010-M.jpg

BRR%20012-M.jpgBRR%20013-M.jpgBRR%20015-M.jpg

BRR%20017-L.jpgBRR%20024-L.jpg

BRR%20025-L.jpgBRR%20027-L.jpg

BRR%20030-L.jpgBRR%20036-L.jpgBRR%20086-L.jpg

BRR%20088-L.jpg

Thinking about you guys and many more that didn't make this event. It has been a great event so far with great weather, including rain and fog. LOL

Great routes by Kinsey and Dave is doing a bang up job co-hosting.

Sorry no pictures from me, to busy riding around and bs'ing. :dopeslap:

Great Pictures! The sun has come up on the last full day of Maggie Valley's START and we've had great rides, campfires by the creek, old and new friends doing the Parking Lot Shuffle, a nice dinner and great times shared with seasoned veterans, first timers and everyone in between - all the hallmarks that START and FART are known for.

Ken will be starting a thread in Ride Tales where pictures will be posted and stories shared.

Thanks one and all for a wonderful event and we'll look for you at the UN and FART this Fall. :clap:

Edited by workin' them angels

Good to see everyone. Once again I've proven that I can't stay in one place for long. :dopeslap:

Yes, I'm home.

Edited by Marty Hill

Thanks again to Ken & Dave for another very fine START; apologies to anyone I didn't get to spend time with, as my "nephew" and his s.o. came up from Chattanooga on Saturday for a visit. I get to see him even less than I do you guys (he's my best friend's son; known him since his arrival on the planet -- he's turned out to be a great guy).

Hope to see many of you at FART, where I hope to make up for my unsightly out-of-pocketness.