IGNORED

Room mates thread, look here if you need a room or room mate.

ltljohn

Time to start this thread. Post here if you need a room mate or a room.

I have a lodge room with 2 queen beds, looking for someone to split costs. I will be arriving on Monday afternoon and leaving Friday morning. I use a CPAP so snoring is not an issue but sometimes the mask will squeak a bit.

PM me if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Itljohn

I'd love to share the room.

I'll be arriving Fontana Village either Monday or Tue. (TBD but probably Mon.) and leaving Friday morning for a cross country

trip to the MOA Rally, and on to British Columbia.

I'm bringing my GS this time -- I'm relatively clean and neat.

well potty trained.

Barry Moss

cell 240-674-1640 or email barrymoss007@gmail.com

• 1 month later...
Marty Hill

Hi all. I can get up there for wed. the 28th only. Can anyone stand a roommate for the 1 night? Obviously I'll pay 1/2 for that night.

Thanks,

Marty

Well, it seems that I didn't book a room so.................

FYI I snore (according to Nancy) and get up several times a night to pee.

Other than that I'm a perfect roomie!

Marty Hill
Hi all. I can get up there for wed. the 28th only. Can anyone stand a roommate for the 1 night? Obviously I'll pay 1/2 for that night.

Thanks,

Marty

No longer planning to attend.

Thanks,

Marty

No longer planning to attend.

:(:(:(

Joe Frickin' Friday

Don't make this guy sleep under his bike:

980538854_L7pxN-L.jpg

I've got the riding thing down pretty good, but I'm less skilled at logistics: due to severe procrastination, I waited until the last minute to reserve a room - and sadly there appear to be no rooms of any kind available at Fontana Village.

Anybody got a spare bed in their room (or a spare room in their suite/cottage) they might be willing to let out to me? I plan to be there Sunday afternoon, departing Thursday morning. I hope I won't be staying in Robbinsville...

Hey Mitch, I'll call Fontana today. That doesn't seem correct to me because we haven't filled our block yet, by my account.

I'll get back to you shortly.

BTW: Because of Mitch's difficulty, I called my contact at Fontana Village Resort. The confusion was that our block officially expired last Saturday (per contract). However, FVR will still honor our group rate and the reservations staff has been informed, so we shouldn't have any further problems ... well, that's only true as long as they have rooms remaining.

That said, there aren't all that many lodge rooms remaining. There are, however, also cabins available. Two or three bedroom cabins split 2/3 ways is really cost-effective. Just sayin.'

Joe Frickin' Friday
That's great! Lookin' forward to seeing you there! It's actually been a while hasn't it, Mitch?

It certainly has; I'm looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

OK then. I just reserved a room with two queen beds. So now I have a bed if someone is looking for one. Reservation is Monday thru Thursday nights.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 3 room cabin, 3rd roomie bailed out, so I have a spare bedroom if anyone still needs a place.

Jim Allen

Nashville

It looks like the UN is out for me this year. So I cancelled my room and am no longer looking for a roomie.

I have a 3 room cabin, 3rd roomie bailed out, so I have a spare bedroom if anyone still needs a place.

Jim Allen

Nashville

Hey Jim, I tried to send you a PM to find out who cancelled (I was assuming it was Bud), but I got an error that said "User Not Found."

Mods ... why would that be?

Craig,

A friend of mine from Nashville cancelled with me after I reserved the cabin but before he ever made a reservation, so it does not affect your headcount.

So, I still have a room available...

Jim

Edited by Brunhilde

Hey Jim, I tried to send you a PM to find out who cancelled (I was assuming it was Bud), but I got an error that said "User Not Found."

Mods ... why would that be?

:S Short of a user checking the No box for the preference "Accept private messages from other users?", IDK. :dontknow: