IGNORED

Mid Atlantic Coffee Club

So, I haven't logged on here in about a year. Glad to see the coffee group is still going strong. When I sold my GS in July 15 I just couldn't watch everyone else having so much fun. haha. Anyway, my GS has been well loved by the guy that bought her in NC. He regularly sends me pictures of their camping adventures.

When's the next coffee? I haven't gotten another bike yet, but I miss seeing everyone.

Well, we miss you, too. However, I wouldn't say the MACC is going strong so much as the discussion thread is going strong. ;) It's been way too hot for people to brave it for coffee ... but now that the heat wave seems to have ended perhaps someone will be brave and make a suggestions. Terri and I have been discussing a Richmond Sugar Shack run sometime this next weekend if the weather is good.

• 10 months later...

Well, it's been a long time, my friends. Is there any interest in getting together for coffee and donuts anytime in the next few weeks?

I know, it's a hot time of the year, and this weekend looks to be in the high 90's, but if we wait a week or two perhaps we'll find a weekend that's not so bad.

Anyway, I'd like to hear from you ...

Yeah, not this weekend ... we'd be so gamey that someone would shoot us ... Prolly our wives!

BTW I like your signature line. One of my favorite tunes by them. :thumbsup:

Ole Jarhead @ Lake Anna reporting for duty. You say where and when and I'll ask my CG (Bride) for a Liberty Chit and I am likely to be there

OK, this coming weekend the weather looks less grueling. How about we meet up

When: Sat, 7/29 ... how about 9:30 am?

Where: The Coffeehouse

Located in: Williamsburg Crossing Shopping Center

Address: 5251 John Tyler Hwy #6, Williamsburg, VA 23185

Really good coffee. A few bites to eat. Some nice tables outside. Easy access to the Nickle-Dime loop (Routes 5 and Routes 10 bounded by the Jordan Point Bridge and the Jamestown Ferry.) IOW easy in and out away from I-64 (very important).

Any takers?

Yeah, that's what I was thinkin we'd do to, Scott. Take the Ferry, go have coffee, perhaps ride up 5 to the bridge, then down 10 back to the beltway.

If you or Chris wanna meet up on the way there and/or after, that's good for me.

Well, I've been watching since yesterday and it's done nothing but change continuously. Right now, however, it's looking pretty righteous, but we'll have to see what it looks like Friday night.

Wx is all over ... as expected. Can't change that. However, what I do think we should change is the meet-up time at The Coffeehouse. Let's shoot for 10:00-ish.

Didn't consider that the Ferry will likely cause us to sit and wait a while.

Likely it's just the 3 of us that will be going, but just in case someone else wants to show up, I thought we make the plan meet reality.

Blind Squirrel

Right now it looks gnarly for Friday night, tapering down early Saturday AM.

Keep me updated either here or via text if you plan to cancel. Am I to presume shifting from 9:30 to 10:00 would also shift our meet up from 8:00 to 8:30?

Looks like we need to keep oleJarhead in the loop too since he rogered up earlier in the thread.

Edited by Blind Squirrel
Right now it looks gnarly for Friday night, tapering down early Saturday AM.

Keep me updated either here or via text if you plan to cancel. Am I to presume shifting from 9:30 to 10:00 would also shift our meet up from 8:00 to 8:30?

Looks like we need to keep oleJarhead in the loop too since he rogered up earlier in the thread.

Will let you know. As for our morning meet up time to ride changing, No. The point of changing the arrival at the coffeehouse was to account for the possibility of losing up to a half hour waiting at the ferry.

I'll send oleJarhead a PM.

Well, the weather looks like crap. I don't think I'm up for riding around in thunderstorms and then showers and possible downpours.

So, I think I'm going to wuss out. Sorry guys.

This Saturday? Same Bat time, same Bat channel? Looking pretty warm, pushing 90, and a some scatter T-storms @ 40% ... just calls for cool gear. Perhaps earlier launch?

Blind Squirrel

I rode up to the D.C.area to see a buddy Friday. Spent the night, then rode home on Saturday. Need to get my rear tire changed out this upcoming Saturday.

Edited by Blind Squirrel
Just moved to the D.C. area a couple months ago, hoping to meet some of you at some point.

Hi ______ (insert name here) ...

We can keep trying to get this thing a-rolling again, but I'm about to get busy on the weekends with a part-time gig I have going. I know for sure I can't make it Sat. 19 Aug.

This wknd's wx looks kinda crappy, but I've been known to make it if its not a constant downpour or lots of lightning. So, I won't count it out completely ... well, not yet anyway.

BTW: What is your name?