IGNORED

Best week to catch the Aspens in Colorado at their peak?

Doug_Baliko

For those of you from the Colorado mountain areas, when is it usually the best time to catch the Aspens in all their fall splendor? I have been up there a few times in early September, but it's usually a bit too early. I'm thinking the 3rd or 4th week in September will probably be about right. Let me know what you think. I'm trying to plan a Colorado ride next month. Thanks.

Doug

Danny caddyshack Noonan

If you spend a couple of weeks, and include the Wasatch and Uinta ranges, more of us can check out your wrap job first hand! :grin:

If you spend a couple of weeks, and include the Wasatch and Uinta ranges, more of us can check out your wrap job first hand! :grin:

LOL... I'm wait listed for a room or cabin at Torrey. Supposedly I'm first on the wait list. If I get a room I'm going to incorporate Torrey into my trip. Hopefully it will work out.

Doug

End of Sept-beginning of Oct is a good ballpark to shoot for, but please note that peak colors are highly dependent on a few factors that are highly variable, especially at elevation (temps, precip, sun). Keep in mind that there is a pretty good timeline spread on peak color times as you go from the north end of the state to the south (usually about a 4 week window), so if you are somewhat flexible on where in the state you go, you can catch magnificent color without having to time it perfectly. Safe travels.