IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2017 - Blairsville, GA

Indy Dave

Lone_RT_rider
Off to Missouri tomorrow to look at an 04 R 1150 R with 19,XXX miles.

A quick CL glance pulled up this one for comparison purposes only. ;)

Yeah, but it's silver. That automatically discounts the bike at least 30% ;):dopeslap::rofl:

Off to Missouri tomorrow to look at an 04 R 1150 R with 19,XXX miles.

A quick CL glance pulled up this one for comparison purposes only. ;)

Yeah, but it's silver. That automatically discounts the bike at least 30% ;):dopeslap::rofl:

Hey I object, Silver is the fastest color. :rofl:

Well, I came home yesterday with a 03 F 650 GS for my son to ride.

150316148870.jpg

Didn't make it to see the R bike, out of time.

Maybe when we get back from Iceland week after next?

Edited by Bud

You can always use FART as a test bed for the 650;)

When do you leave for Iceland? My wife's uncle leaves today for a 10 visit there.

Bud:

That is the bike I want to get my eldest daughter in a few years. She has sat on a few of them and her 65" frame seems to fit that bike well...even better than a Wee Strom.

Have never ridden one...yet.

Take care

Mike

For Thursday night "swap/sale", I'm bringing multiple moto books like Proficient Motorcycling 1, 2, Twist of the Wrist, more .

Also some gloves, jacket, pants,

Mesh, textile, men's and women's.

Helmets, M XL, W M, for sale inexpensive, Never know when you need to have one for a new riding person.

Would like to avoid shipping, but who knows.

Great Tim - Here is a partial list of items I plan on bringing:

Sena 20s - complete.

1 x Like New BMW Tank Bag R1200RT 05-13

1 x Used BMW Tank Bag with SAE power 05-13

1 x BMW TankBag clip frame to mnt your own to bag to.

2 Big Mac bags - suited for R1100- 1150, but will mount to any fuel ring.

1 Russel Day Long heated riders seat (only). Less than a 1000 miles.

Z-Technik full exhaust system for 2005-2009 R1200RT and R (I believe) Like new!

Bike cover

Migsel Shelf for GPS and accessory mounting (R1200RT)

First Gear summer pants with liner

Olympia one piece suit

Photos, sizes and more items will be posted shortly.

Edited by workin' them angels

I'll also bring a bike cover, AirHawks, and more.

Anyone looking to add mirrors to Hexhead GS, I think my OEM GT round mirrors work (?) for additional visibility.

Hi everyone, here is a link for FART 2017 Blairsville Routes

There are 3 routes that start with rides of about 100 miles to restaurants, then options for the returns as usual. There's also a short but great loop in case you get a late start.

Receiving Routes From Others.

Your maps and preferences may be different than those of the person you received them from, so to be sure you ride the intended route you must do the following or cuss me out when you return...if you return :rofl:

Open the GDB or GPX file in your software, then make duplicates of each route (usually a right click will show the option).

Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to “Info” and look there)

Note the mileage, then Re-calculate the Original route. The mileage should stay the same.

If the route mileage is different, look for the color you changed the Duplicate route to. You will need to add a Waypoint or Via point to the Original route to make it match the Duplicate route. Once the two routes are the same, delete the Duplicate route, then load the Original route(s) onto your GPS.

Edited by Kinsley
Which Witch? :rofl:

The Blairsville Witch is toying with us before we even start to START.

I put the Route post together and preview it, then I "Submit" and I get a blank post. I Edit and I get the same thing, yet I am able to post giving the Witch credit for the annoyance.

Perhaps the crafty lass is modifying your routes . . .

At least she didn't turn you into a Newt!

monty-python-witch.jpg

monty-python-witch.jpg

Well, I haven't looked in the mirror today :ohboy:

The Blairsville Witch is toying with us before we even start to START. FART

I put the Route post together and preview it, then I "Submit" and I get a blank post. I Edit and I get the same thing, yet I am able to post giving the Witch credit for the annoyance.

Fixed it for ya! :wave:

Reservations finally made! Arriving Thursday.

Excellent Chris :clap: - Glad you're not letting the Crafty Lass scare you away! :thumbsup:

2017%20FART%20Blairsville%20templet%20attending%20Aug%2025ABA%20RVSD.jpg

as of right now, I am in Arizona 9/20 - 9/26 with my father.

So taking Friday off that week is not happening. But I plan on riding up Saturday and staying for dinner and riding back Sunday.

The Blairsville Witch is toying with us before we even start to START.

I recently had an issue with blank posts, even though I could preview it just fine. In my case, I had a special character single-quote that might've been the result of a copy/paste or something else. Once I replaced each single-quote in my post, it worked!

as of right now, I am in Arizona 9/20 - 9/26 with my father.

So taking Friday off that week is not happening. But I plan on riding up Saturday and staying for dinner and riding back Sunday.

Glad to have you join us Randy! There are some who say you're hedging your bets to see if the rest of us survive before you arrive! :shake::ohboy:

monty-python-witch.jpg

FOOT has a funny look on his face in that picture.

There are 3 routes that start with rides of about 100 miles to restaurants, then options for the returns as usual. There's also a short but great loop in case you get a late start.

Your maps and preferences may be different than those of the person you received them from, so to be sure you ride the intended route you must do the following or cuss me out when you return...if you return :rofl:

Open the GDB or GPX file in your software, then make duplicates of each route (usually a right click will show the option).

Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to "Info" and look there)

Note the mileage, then Re-calculate the Original route. The mileage should stay the same.

If the route mileage is different, look for the color you changed the Duplicate route to. You will need to add a Waypoint or Via point to the Original route to make it match the Duplicate route. Once the two routes are the same, delete the Duplicate route, then load the Original route(s) onto your GPS.

:stir:

Whipped up a potion to remove the cloak of invisiblity from Kinsley's post. Wicked Witch got away, for now, so beware, your posts could become invisible, too. (Avoid special formatting, or pasting from other applications.)

Edited by lkraus

Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to "Info" and look there)

:stir:

Whipped up a potion to remove the cloak of invisiblity from Kinsley's post. Wicked Witch got away, for now, so beware, your posts could become invisible, too. (Avoid special formatting, or pasting from other applications.)

I found my culprit...it was my new iPad Pro inserting a special single quote character. Apple! Ugh!! :mad:

Just ordered new shoes for the Roadrunner... SO looking forward to seeing everyone next month!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lone_RT_rider
Just ordered new shoes for the Roadrunner... SO looking forward to seeing everyone next month!!!

Enjoy my friend. My girls have decided that is the only weekend they can make it to MKE. I will be basking in their presence, and gladly so. :)

*hugZ*.... Enjoy every mile!!

Shawn

Enjoy my friend. My girls have decided that is the only weekend they can make it to MKE. I will be basking in their presence, and gladly so. :)

*hugZ*.... Enjoy every mile!!

Shawn

I will! And YOU enjoy the time with your beautiful girls!! xoxo

Ahhh....

Homecoming

In! (Friday)

The Witch

Now the party's getting started! :clap:

Thanks Shannon, Bud and John - your funds (and others) have been received!

Just a teaser on the AWARDS EXTRAVAGANZA! Your hosts will be continuing and expanding the fun this Fall to make this FART a real Blow Out, complete with a new traveling trophy.

Details in due time, my little Pretty (and that goes for your silly bike too!!)

Edited by workin' them angels

Randy,

A decision was made last time, or so, to move it to Friday becasue many left early Sunday and didn't go, or some left Saturday for long ride home.

A change, yes, but it seems to have worked out well.

Saturday evenning people will still get together, and eat.

I know a short cut to a really good place...

Dave, I've been meaning to ask, will the rooms have turn-down service at night, and hair dryers? I'm asking for a friend (Bob). :rofl:

Edited by marcopolo
Dave, I've been meaning to ask, will the rooms have turn-down service at night, and hair dryers? I'm asking for a friend (Bob). :rofl:

Good question! Bob, Craig and Joel will be overjoyed to know that rooms are equipped with Hair Dryers. :lurk:

I've also been assured that Ms. B. Witch will be on hand to add her own 'personal touch' to the turn down service on each and every bed.

Given that there is a marked propensity for unusual "accidents" when Ms Blair is in town, one might secure the previously mentioned hair dryer when using the shower or tub. Just sayin' . . :wave:

Good question! Bob, Craig and Joel will be overjoyed to know that rooms are equipped with Hair Dryers. :lurk:

Hey, I still have hair! It's just below my neck which makes a blow dryer take on new meaning.

Hey, I still have hair! It's just below my neck which makes a blow dryer take on new meaning.

Waaayyyy too much info Craig! :dopeslap: