IGNORED

Happy 4th of July

Skywagon

I wish you all a happy 4th.  I hope you all have a great holiday and stay safe.  Lest we not forget I love this video from the American Cowboys.  I know I'll forget names on this board, but the ones I remember profiles...

Thanks, Roug, Boxlflyer, Mike, and to those of you who served and names I can't call up this morning,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I hope everybody has a great Independance Day!  Or as my friend in London likes to joke "Happy Treason Day, Colonists!"  :classic_laugh:

6 hours ago, Skywagon said:

I wish you all a happy 4th.  I hope you all have a great holiday and stay safe.  Lest we not forget I love this video from the American Cowboys.  I know I'll forget names on this board, but the ones I remember profiles...

Thanks, Roug, Boxlflyer, Mike, and to those of you who served and names I can't call up this morning,

Thank you sir and have a happy Independence day as well.

The flag below flew on the USS John F. Kennedy, for sure in 1987 when I was there, but I don't know how many years before..  The end was tattered and as was required, our supply guy was going to dispose of it.  I asked if I could have it, he gave it to me, and my sister in law fixed the end so it was no longer tattered.  The flag, for the carrier, was a holiday flag (larger than normal everyday flag that flew in port).  One Independence day celebration, I decided to fly it from my house.  The flag is about 9.5 by 19. 

The blue fade you see is from an erroneous storage that I did where moisture got inside the storage box.  I've searched high and low to try to find someone to be able to "de-bleed" the blue, but no results.  I can't get rid of it, so it currently stays in proper storage until one day I find someone to fix it.

image.png.994f4e5d5d244b8c89ca8d93f28ee88a.png

• Like 2

Thanks much, I'll send them a note to see if they know anyone that can restore nylon flags.

Have you tried dabbing it with some bleach? I’d say very cautiously because it’s obviously not your everyday off the shelf flag. Second thought, maybe I wouldn’t mess with it without some professional advice. :dontknow:

edit…

stick your tongue out like so :P and color very carefully. :grin:

dae20472-7d0c-40d6-aa33-baa79c643b63_1.d 

Sort of like coloring with crayons, 'cept you need to stay within the lines on this one.  :whistle:

9 hours ago, Skywagon said:

That is a cool flag.  I don't know if these guys can help you or not.  I've bought a couple of really nice flags from them  They are local to me so if they can help you and I can be of assistance let me know.  They make all their flags.  I've watched them sew them.

Kronberg's Flags and Flagpoles | Hardware, custom banners, & more (kronbergsflagsandflagpoles.com)

Thanks for the link.  I've been thinking of replacing my weathered flag and VERY OLD pole, so just ordered a kit from Kronberg's.

9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Have you tried dabbing it with some bleach? I’d say very cautiously because it’s obviously not your everyday off the shelf flag. Second thought, maybe I wouldn’t mess with it without some professional advice. :dontknow:

edit…

stick your tongue out like so :P and color very carefully. :grin:

dae20472-7d0c-40d6-aa33-baa79c643b63_1.d 

No effect on nylon.

Some local dry cleaning shops gave me chemicals to try,....nothing,....when they gave me the stuff, she said "likely won't work" :(

• Like 1

We've had some success removing color bleed on clothing with an oxygen bleach, like Oxiclean. I'd try it on a small area of the white stripes first.