IGNORED

Anybody go for ride today? Got Pictures?

Redman

9Mary7
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Not a single one. :classic_biggrin: My goal was to have something “different” (but still fun) to ride, and the Spyder fits that bill pretty well.

Edit… I thought you said boxer (more coffee). Well, I haven’t driven a Boxster yet, (top down) but I’m going to say very different except for two things. You can’t fall over and people are drawn to it. :dontknow:

But you still wear a full face helmet to give plausible deniability.........:rofl:

On the other hand, I shouldn't jest 'cause I have been known to ride damn near anything!:ohboy:

• Haha 1
Rougarou

Public servants get paid way too much:classic_biggrin: to have all them toys

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

The newest road toy I have is ten years old. :read: :classic_biggrin:

Rougarou
Just now, TEWKS said:

The newest road toy I have is ten years old. :read: :classic_biggrin:

That new truck is a toy too:18:

• Thinking 1
Just now, Rougarou said:

That new truck is a toy too:18:

Nope, trucks don’t fit into the “toy” category… :spittake:

• Plus 1 2
Hosstage
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Nope, trucks don’t fit into the “toy” category

Agreed, trucks are tools. 

I was talking with the neighbor lady about motorcycles and toys, I mentioned that her boyfriend wanted to get a motorcycle, he has owned many over the years but was currently without.

She said he just got a new toy, a new lawnmower.

Oh Hell No, I said. A lawnmower is the furthest thing from a toy! He's not going to hang out with his friends and their lawnmowers.

I think she understood, though didn't necessarily approve.

He does have a motorcycle, bought shortly after our conversation.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Would we like to talk about a little company called Jon Deere?  :rofl: Craftsman makes one for a fraction of the cost. ;)

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

Would we like to talk about a little company called Jon Deere?  :rofl: Craftsman makes one for a fraction of the cost. ;)

Let's not get into that one Pat.  I'm guilty of that as well.  But when it comes to Garden tractors, you know there are different level of John Deere.  I have the one with cast front suspension  (LT160).  Of course I paid $550 for it used.  :)

• Like 1
Rougarou
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Nope, trucks don’t fit into the “toy” category… :spittake:

1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

Agreed, trucks are tools. 

I was talking with the neighbor lady about motorcycles and toys, I mentioned that her boyfriend wanted to get a motorcycle, he has owned many over the years but was currently without.

She said he just got a new toy, a new lawnmower.

Oh Hell No, I said. A lawnmower is the furthest thing from a toy! He's not going to hang out with his friends and their lawnmowers.

I think she understood, though didn't necessarily approve.

He does have a motorcycle, bought shortly after our conversation.

Nope, toys can be tools and useful.  Some toys actually shoot lead projectiles, but are also considered tools.

Now, with that said, on a truck, how many trucks are not used at tools vs how many are strictly toys?.....the way that question is answered, does the bed have scratches, dings and or dents, if neither of those exist in the bed of a truck,......it's a straight up toy.

I've got a sub compact tractor, a garden tractor, a lawn tractor and zero-turn,.....those are my most useful toys and they actually get washed waaaaay more than the bikes ever will.

And @Hosstage they kinda do have folks that hang out with friends and their lawnmowers ;)

image.jpeg.5fbd505858520ff6d062ef1cac3f980b.jpeg 2023 Lebanon Valley P.A. Indoor Classic Tractor Show, February  17th+18th....... | Garden Tractor Forums 

Toys, the lot of them:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Rougarou
10 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Craftsman doesn't even come close to making a Sub-compact or Garden Tractor, there are some levels AYP just can't touch.

5 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Let's not get into that one Pat.  I'm guilty of that as well.  But when it comes to Garden tractors, you know there are different level of John Deere.  I have the one with cast front suspension  (LT160).  Of course I paid $550 for it used.  :)

My best one is the John Deere 318.  I bought it at a dead guy auction in 2014 for $2200,....it's a 1990 machine.

• Like 2
Dennis Andress

That little yellow tractor in front... My dad bought one of those when I was about 6; I was using it to till and cut grass by 8. I hit my first tree with that tractor!

b10.jpg

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 1
Rougarou

Pulling the toys out to do some work in the barn and spring cleaning/maintenance

04AB102A-9325-4029-B799-791587EA2951.jpeg.d384b646f2b05bcf4554d9b7f58bc1d2.jpeg

And I dunno if Pat could hang with the 1025r in the twisties,......she hugs those curves at about 9mph.

E2E6B0AB-E5C7-48AA-BF22-AC6C950F8F14.jpeg.77f890cf7bd6ede79de82ae0f6830baf.jpeg

Had to go to the local fuel farm 2.5 miles away fill the tractor and the 20l can

374E80CC-5B31-4F2B-8084-04B941629AAA.jpeg.6d0f8861b71e634117a86a72f9ab9e21.jpeg

Rural living is grand!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

I hit my first tree with that tractor!

You always remember “the first tree” you smashed into! :spittake: Mine was on a 1972 Arctic Cat Puma. Three stitches in the lip.

Rougarou
3 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

You always remember “the first tree” you smashed into! :spittake: Mine was on a 1972 Arctic Cat Puma. Three stitches in the lip.

I think it was a '79 RM50.  Bent the shifter and rear shock.  Hammered them both back to "good enough".

• Like 1

They actually used my accident scene in a sales brochure! Strange I know. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.189447e681b1c8f038ebee584c54e20e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 1
Michiganr80rt

I had a very satisfying ride today. I took the R1200RT out for the first time since I fell on walking on ice and ruptured my quadriceps tendon in November. 15 mile ride, took things nice and easy, it felt good. I can tell that I need to keep doing the physical therapy stuff and need to continue the strength work on the leg. Need to keep riding the recumbent tricycle I borrowed. Slowly work my BMW distance up as my leg gets stronger. 

IMG_5644.jpeg

IMG_5645.jpeg

• Like 7
Hosstage
12 hours ago, Hosstage said:

trucks are tools.

11 hours ago, Rougarou said:

toys can be tools and useful

I should clarify, my trucks are all tool, nothing toy about them. They get used to take crap to the dump, pick up building crap from the store, and launch the boat. Sold the boat, so down to two duties. I've never said "watch this", which is what happens with toys!

Rougarou

The only difference is, you grew up and your toys got bigger.

image.thumb.jpeg.8041ce2988bceb9f4791b4e431894b40.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.55521350fa0724db9f757dfc62fec04c.jpeg

• Like 3
Hosstage
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

The only difference is, you grew up and your toys got bigger

They sure did!

Hoping to get a ride in this afternoon, rain is supposed to stop early afternoon. Let's hope so, I need some time with my toy.

• Smile 1

502 miles yesterday from Waukesha WI over to Decorah Iowa, not one minute on the interstate, with my son, NO traffic anywhere.  Crossed this bridge getting new pilings and work, and a GREAT lunch in Decorah.  Toppling Goliath Brewing.  It will not be the last trip there

Getting ready to leave for Hyder Alaska June 8, and planning a 500/day route, so used yesterday as a nice training time.  Always good to be with my son on his 05RT and my 19RT.  

IMG_8474.jpg

• Like 9
  • Plus 1 1
RTinNC
6 hours ago, DBULL said:

502 miles yesterday from Waukesha WI over to Decorah Iowa, not one minute on the interstate, with my son, NO traffic anywhere.  Crossed this bridge getting new pilings and work, and a GREAT lunch in Decorah.  Toppling Goliath Brewing.  It will not be the last trip there

Getting ready to leave for Hyder Alaska June 8, and planning a 500/day route, so used yesterday as a nice training time.  Always good to be with my son on his 05RT and my 19RT.  

IMG_8474.jpg

WOW ... that is awesome Dave!   I will do an occasional 500 mile day when needed but back to back to back 500's is quite the pace. 

Be safe and enjoy! 

• Plus 1 1

Thanks Ed.   My plan is to head north to Duluth, and take Route 2 all the way to WA state, then pick up 20 west to 97 north.   So, not in a terrible hurry, (and not on 90), and think my three 500 mile days is doable.  I've padded the route with two extra days.  After Hyder,  I head to Seattle where my wife will fly in with her gear on, and we'll spend 8 days in WA state.  Then, she flies home, and I meander back via Columbia River, Idaho legend route 12, Beartooth, Chief Joseph, and into Cody, then to Sheridan, and maybe by then I'm ready to finally head back to WI.  Excited.  A bit worried I might have planned too much.  We'll see

• Like 5
RTinNC

I love Duluth!   Make sure to get a burger at Grandma's and ice cream at Portland Malt Shop.  I recommend the chocolate peanut butter milk shake  !! 

Will you be in Redmond at the MOA Rally?  I leave Tuesday first to Lake George and Americade and then west to Redmond.  Planning on about 300 mile days average with a couple 400 mile days. 

Enjoy and maybe I will see you on the road! i-6dqdzkD-XL.jpg

i-ff23Sg3-XL.jpg

i-hKFF4SG-XL.jpg

• Like 5

Duluth!  Last summer during a heat wave here, we got in the car and drove north to Duluth and watched the ships/bridge for a few days until it cooled off.  Took a wonderful harbor tour,  nice long walks, and just enjoyed our time.  

• Like 2
taylor1

Took a ferry ride to Oriental NC yesterday with a friend. My friend riding the chopper was a photographer for Easy Rider back in the day.Had his work on 3 different front covers.

IMG_1648.jpeg

• Like 9
Redman
On 5/23/2024 at 4:03 PM, Michiganr80rt said:

I had a very satisfying ride today. I took the R1200RT out for the first time since I fell on walking on ice and ruptured my quadriceps tendon in November. 1.

Good !
Keep up the strengthing exercise.
Good that are able to get back on the mo'cykl.

• Like 1
Darbarian

I took Jack on my favorite twisty run over the hill from Montana into Idaho and back. I found that someone has made a strong Memorial Day statement along the route.

JackridetoIdahoMemorialDayflagdisplay.thumb.JPG.74be93ccea2607792d4786cc9d4b87d8.JPG

• Like 10

Wowzer.  I put ou 50 12 x 18 flags on my fence and I thought that was a big deal.  We're talking some major expense with the outfit you've shown.  Good on them!

roadscholar

Don't put those skis away just yet. Nice pics btw.

bendbill

I'm envious of riders on beautiful mountain passes.  For family reasons, I am staying closer to home.  So yesterday I stopped along a housing development in the local hills of Bend, Oregon, with my riding buddy. 

In the skyline from left to right: Mt Washington, Black Butte, and Mt Jefferson.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 13
49 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Running some errands on the Time Machine:thumbsup:

IMG_1031.jpeg

Are you saying you’ve got junk in the trunk…:spittake: Someday post a picture of that trunk space if you don’t mind, I think we talked about it but you didn’t get a chance to open it up. 

• Haha 1
roadscholar
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Are you saying you’ve got junk in the trunk…:spittake: Someday post a picture of that trunk space if you don’t mind, I think we talked about it but you didn’t get a chance to open it up. 

[IMG]

[IMG]

If you haven't you guys should read this, it's long but pretend it's a book, one of the more well-written, entertaining/irreverent ride tales ever on Advrider. 

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/detroit-to-san-diego-zen-and-the-art-of-motorcycle-negligence.265019/

Excerpt:  The Bike

My weapon of choice is my beloved Honda PC800. It was Hondas answer to a question no one in the 1990s was asking. It is a pretty dang good all round bike with a copious amount of luggage and as reliable as the monkey bars at school. The only draw back is that if you have any more testosterone than Pee Wee Herman you may be embarrassed to be seen on it. It has followed the path of my last few bikes general neglect and a flair for the practical use of cable ties, dry wall screws and duct tape has created a monster.

• Thanks 1
  • Smile 1
9Mary7

I've read it....entertaining. I felt sorry for the bike though.:facepalm:

roadscholar
2 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

I've read it....entertaining. I felt sorry for the bike though.:facepalm:

True but points out it’s pretty much bulletproof. 

• Plus 1 1
DeadEye
On 5/23/2024 at 1:34 PM, TEWKS said:

They actually used my accident scene in a sales brochure! Strange I know. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.189447e681b1c8f038ebee584c54e20e.jpeg

We had one of these beauties !

IMG_3237.jpeg

• Like 1
Darbarian

I had to ride. Even if only for 3/4 hour until the rain turned me back. I was not geared for it, had no reason to go into it, but mostly I do not do rain if it is easily avoided. That's not why I ride. 

I did, however, get the best half of the Highway 93 to Idaho hillclimb. Note the section behind my bike: the Montana uphill side is all good pavement and two lanes wide ... outstanding for working on my cornering. 

ridetothepass5.thumb.JPG.3aef4625b12def1c7c90dd97c11c7085.JPG

ridetothepass6.thumb.JPG.4daed3b6b6300c96c7a9635556431a07.JPG

• Like 10

@Chef Paul led me and his buddy Cliff through rural Massachusetts today. It was a really great ride, who woulda thunk it…:dontknow: Thanks Paul! :thumbsup:

Movie should be out tomorrow.  :spittake:

image.thumb.jpeg.dfcc34e4af12076e3cc2b3519884aa90.jpeg

• Like 9
8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

@Chef Paul led me and his buddy Cliff through rural Massachusetts today. It was a really great ride, who woulda thunk it…:dontknow: Thanks Paul! :thumbsup:

Movie should be out tomorrow.  :spittake:

image.thumb.jpeg.dfcc34e4af12076e3cc2b3519884aa90.jpeg

Great photo

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

So we hung around for pictures probably a little longer than we should have and the lady of the hideout house came out to inquire about our business. :spittake:

image.thumb.jpeg.fc4d3b218eb13675861e6b141d3300c5.jpeg

Actually she did, she said her husband just bought that car a few days ago.

• Like 4
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 2
RandyShields
2 hours ago, Rockosmith said:

Waterfall hunting in NC

Looks like Bridal Veil Falls.

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 2