IGNORED

Anybody go for ride today? Got Pictures?

Redman

This is the time of year when the Great Pumpkin rises from the pumpkin patch and distributes pumpkin guts to all the little boys and girls 

IMG_3451.jpeg

• Like 8
4 hours ago, beemerboy said:

Taken early this morning near Palmer Lake, CO.,

IMG_8287-X2.jpg

IMG_8289-X2.jpg

That ^ and your GS makes a nice dynamic duo of motorcycles! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

That ^ and your GSA makes a nice dynamic duo of motorcycles! :thumbsup: 

Fixt for accuracy.  :dance:

• Haha 1

Late morning ride up to Muskegon - again.

THis time I knew was a ship comming in.
IMG_4497_RT_MUSK_ManitowocC.thumb.jpg.b86a90209e7c068d4d03d2861954f4f7.jpg
Manitowoc 629ft.

• Like 8

Make hay while the sunshine’s ( as they say )

get all the rides in while you can :) 

IMG_3463.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
Rougarou

On my way home from work and the bike cam caught the rainbow

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

Not that there is anything wrong with that.   :whistle:

• Haha 5
Rougarou
4 minutes ago, DeadEye said:

Did you follow it to its End ?

Any « Pot O Gold »

There was a little guy in a green suit skipping away when I got there,....he looked kinda happy and was saying something about going to the Gold Club.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3
On 9/30/2024 at 8:30 PM, DeadEye said:

Make hay while the sunshine’s ( as they say )

get all the rides in while you can :) 

IMG_3463.jpeg

BEST time of year to ride, although daylight time is shorter.....

Michiganr80rt

I did a 6 day 1800 mile ride last week to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and along the Mississippi river.. Visited the shipwreck museum at Whitefish point and stopped at Copper Harbor. Then I crossed Wisconsin to La Crosse and rode south along the river. My repaired leg seemed OK with multiple 300 mile days. I'll have to try a few longer days and see how things go. 

IMG_5934.jpeg

IMG_5935.jpeg

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_5989.jpeg

• Like 12
27 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

Colorado vis the mighty mighty 1997 KILLER-mobile.  

aliveresize.jpg.4ba4de42b54570dfa6536fbbcc241d7a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
roadscholar
33 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

IMG_7089.jpeg

IMG_7094.jpeg

IMG_7093.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

Think I recognize some of those roads. Like the red duct tape holding the radiator panel on, the trick is to find some extra body panels, on a KLR it doesn’t matter what color they are : )

image.jpeg.b109dc41b5fabc09a2f69dc7a607a74a.jpeg

Btw I’ve still got that Corbin seat, I’ll bring it if I make it back out, turns it into touring bike.

• Like 2
lawnchairboy

come anytime my friend, I'd love the seat.  Road is Hwy 53 out to Hartsel

• Like 1
Rougarou
46 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

IMG_7090.jpeg

IMG_7091.jpeg

If those Aspen's weren't considered an "invasive" species here in NC, I'd have a few on the property,.....beautiful fall trees.

A nice fall ride in Gatineau park without throngs of 5 wide @#$&+%$§€£¥ !

IMG_3473.jpeg

• Like 7
John Ranalletta

Another full day on northern KY roads that included lots of new pavement and smaller asphalt tracks barely 8" wide.  So much fun and only 2 hrs from home.

• Like 4

They were all taken on two roads that go into the East Slope Rockies in Kananaskis country.  Only 30-45 minutes from the city of Calgary.  As pointed out by 92Merc the first one was near the end of the pavement along Hwy66 (Elbow Valley Trail).  If you want to see it on Google street view it is at (50.8179347,-114.8198116).  The last three were close to the end of the pavement on AB546 (Sheep River Road).  Taken at about (50.6074657,-114.7215266) .  Both roads are dead-ends and have winter gates that will close the roads to motorized traffic from December to May. 

2024Oct8_route.jpg

Mike RC

• Like 1

so in 2025 we will be in Helen, and it just happens, myself, Lowndes and Libin go up to Helen a lot
so on Saturday 10/5 we decided to record our "normal" 16 different roads, 175 mile loop of Helen

enjoy

• Like 4
RandyShields
5 hours ago, randy said:

so on Saturday 10/5 we decided to record our "normal" 16 different roads, 175 mile loop of Helen

How were the roads and town after the hurricane?

The roads in the video looked surprisingly good.  

Also,  looks like 198 mikes of the  BRP in VA will reopen today

I had to do a recovery on Thursday just west of Augusta (Groveland) and along I-20 from Greensboro eastward were a lot of trees down alongside.  I would guess only a few made it in the travel lanes as evidenced by the remnants on opposite side of both lanes.   Off the interstate, there was a plethora of downed trees along the roadways, in huge piles; they were cleared to the sides with no blockages.  The DOT was making progress with a rubber-wheeled loader and grapple bucket pushing the trees further out of the buffer zone beside the interstate.  I guess on the eastbound stretch that they were about 40%-50% complete.  I would imagine that 2 weeks after, there was still a lot of debris to clear out further east; Augusta and beyond had a lot of wind damage, based on what I have seen in video reports.

• Like 1
roadscholar
12 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I had to do a recovery on Thursday just west of Augusta (Groveland) and along I-20 from Greensboro eastward were a lot of trees down alongside.  I would guess only a few made it in the travel lanes as evidenced by the remnants on opposite side of both lanes.   Off the interstate, there was a plethora of downed trees along the roadways, in huge piles; they were cleared to the sides with no blockages.  The DOT was making progress with a rubber-wheeled loader and grapple bucket pushing the trees further out of the buffer zone beside the interstate.  I guess on the eastbound stretch that they were about 40%-50% complete.  I would imagine that 2 weeks after, there was still a lot of debris to clear out further east; Augusta and beyond had a lot of wind damage, based on what I have seen in video reports.

Good info, thanks William. We're still trying to get our Trans Ga ride/rally in before the end of the year and have tentatively moved it out a month to mid November. One route goes thru Crawfordville and the other thru Thompson (the one I’d rather use) which is right in that alley, I'm hoping most of the dirt roads will have been cleared by then. May have to do a recon run in the SUV to see, If so I'll report what it looks like.

• Like 1

A little 340 mile round tripper to SW Wisco today.

The instant I saw this car I knew exactly what it was, year, make and model.

20241011_135345.thumb.jpg.2548892c6d64066182a7720e58c2ad81.jpg

And I'm 'only' 59 yo. One virtual cookie to the first to identify it. No cheating!

The town in the background was levelled by an F5 tornado. I don't believe a single structure other than the town's water tower remained, so not much there is older than 1984. You can definitely tell as you roll down main street.

Followed some twisties to Yellowstone Lake.20241011_151628.thumb.jpg.2fac90ed8c05f365d1b87d29fc0dff76.jpg

No, not the one with the geysers, we have our own little gem sharing the same name. It'll be fantastic when the colors peak in a week or two.

• Like 1
beemerboy

Pic taken early this morning in the "front yard" of my sister's place in Fredericksburg, TX, AKA Hill Country. I'll be home tomorrow.

IMG_8353-XL.jpg

• Like 6
Dennis Andress

September was the hottest part of summer. And, October has been reluctant to let that go…

A couple of Sonoran dogs while on my way to bike night.  

IMG_1897.jpeg

i wonder if this is more reliable than the Motus…

IMG_1899.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I took the old GS out to survey some storm damage from the recent hurricanes. Ya, dat probably not too funny in certain parts of these United States right about now. :facepalm:
image.thumb.jpeg.a1a2a00f4c5b8ba97544e4d780fd317e.jpeg

• Like 4

Not a ride but interesting picture. Sitting on the deck in Port Aransas this morning, we see this streak which is Elan launching a rocket about 150 miles away. We could see it for quite a while but couldn’t get it on my cell camera. Pretty cool though for a morning surprise over coffee

9AAC586D-46E8-41B7-B7E1-A9F7BA6B68CC.jpeg

• Like 6
On 10/11/2024 at 6:08 AM, RandyShields said:

How were the roads and town after the hurricane?

the roads were almost perfect.  we had planned on a more easterly route earlier in the week, but felt that would be risky

so we did the Helen "west" route.  basically we went North out of Helen, then West then south then back north to Helen.

As indicated in the video all roads were clean, dry, and the day was clear.  there may have been damage the prior weekend, but it was all cleared by the time we road on Saturday.

• Like 1

Riding is always (for me) better off the interstates.

Something interesting along side of US301 in NC.

Today, during my next to last leg of the return trip from Barber.

IMG_0282.thumb.jpeg.34d072835d7f8d5db7f899a699530307.jpeg

IMG_0283.thumb.jpeg.d66f2b6f9b2be32b37032f68751f4c26.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
On 10/3/2024 at 10:13 AM, Michiganr80rt said:

I did a 6 day 1800 mile ride last week to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and along …….

Hey! Good to hear you are recuperated mostly and back at it

I was fortunate to get away for a few days and was fortunate with pretty nice weather.  Took a ride up the Hudson from Northern NJ up past West Point to ride the short but nice Storm King Hwy.  Then it was over to the Catskills and worked my way north for a couple of days.  NY state roads 23A, 212, 42, 214, 30 were filled with colors.  

Hunter MTN_23A.jpg

NY Ashokan Reservoir_Fall 24.jpg

NY B&B_R12C.jpg

10.06.24 - NY Bear Mountain.jpg

• Like 3
  • Smile 1