IGNORED

Keeping it funny…

Skywagon

you have to be a certain age to remember this guy and get the joke....

IMG_1981-426x600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 4
14 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

How many times have I said this only to be ridiculed.  Doesn't she know there's a race going on here?

It's not a race... but I'm winning.

• Plus 1 3
9 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

IMG_7795.jpeg

Depositing money into the bank? Ya, I have strangers wanting to pad my account all the time. :dontknow: :/

John Ranalletta
16 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Depositing money into the bank? Ya, I have strangers wanting to pad my account all the time. :dontknow: :/

Not funny!  We've been members of our credit union since 1993.  Every one of our paychecks since flowed through the CU.  Recently, a partner, the general partner, and I sold a building.  I got a hand written check for our share.  Took it to the CU to deposit and was told they'd put a 7-day hold because the check was handwritten and the amount of the check.  I expected that; however, they handed a piece of paper to me with various reasons why they might hold a check, the one checked in my case was, "We do not believe there is sufficient cash backing this check."  I didn't take too kindly to being told I was trying to pass a bad check.

Havoc ensued.  I deposited the check nevertheless and the manager and the teller asked me to leave as customers and tellers had stopped to watch the action.

• Like 2
Skywagon

Similar to John  an annoyance for sure…. We have a primary bank account we’ve has since 1984. It has a good deal of money in it. We keep it because my wife retired from that bank and it has benefits for us like no fees for anything, lockbox, preferred mortgage, notary, etc. If you can do it as a bank, it’s free. Now the rub. They don’t pay squat on your funds. About 2-3 years ago we moved 90% of the funds to a bank that pays high rates by todays standard. We don’t have checking with the new bank. They offer, but don’t need anything else to manage. Pisser… I transfer money electronically from high yield to old bank quarterly to pay taxes. It takes 3-5 days. Seriously. The amount of money I transfer is a tiny portion of what is in either bank. 

DakarTimm

I receive a sizeable check every six months . Every time I deposited it , I got asked if I had expected the check .

Did I know the issuer of the check . Everytime I brought a check in ,the teller would have to get a managers approval to deposit it ! 

Finally after several years of this b.s. I asked the teller what the problem was. 

I was told ,there are many fraudulent checks ,money orders ,bank drafts that take weeks to clear .

Some of the posters to this topic may have thought their integrity was being called out. 

As I found out ,the banks are just trying hard not to get burned by ever smarter con artist.

John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, DakarTimm said:

I receive a sizeable check every six months . Every time I deposited it , I got asked if I had expected the check .

Did I know the issuer of the check . Everytime I brought a check in ,the teller would have to get a managers approval to deposit it ! 

Finally after several years of this b.s. I asked the teller what the problem was. 

I was told ,there are many fraudulent checks ,money orders ,bank drafts that take weeks to clear .

Some of the posters to this topic may have thought their integrity was being called out. 

As I found out ,the banks are just trying hard not to get burned by ever smarter con artist.

Here's what I expected, "Mr. R, due to this being a handwritten, paper check, our policy is to hold it for x days."  What I got was, "We do not believe there is sufficient cash backing this check." as in, "We think you're trying to pass a bad check"

John Ranalletta

Reversible electric motors on each corner.

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t click the vid unless you can channel your inner thirteen year old sense of humor. :read: It’s in there believe me, just gotta dig deep, you’ll find it! :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 3
  • Haha 1
On 6/28/2024 at 5:37 AM, John Ranalletta said:

Not funny!  We've been members of our credit union since 1993.  Every one of our paychecks since flowed through the CU.  Recently, a partner, the general partner, and I sold a building.  I got a hand written check for our share.  Took it to the CU to deposit and was told they'd put a 7-day hold because the check was handwritten and the amount of the check.  I expected that; however, they handed a piece of paper to me with various reasons why they might hold a check, the one checked in my case was, "We do not believe there is sufficient cash backing this check."  I didn't take too kindly to being told I was trying to pass a bad check.

Havoc ensued.  I deposited the check nevertheless and the manager and the teller asked me to leave as customers and tellers had stopped to watch the action.

Target to stop accepting personal checks next week | AP News

Rougarou

Yesterday, my wife was moving a mattress out to the truck to bring to my daughters house.  I had just gotten home and told her I'd help her after I changed clothes.  I come back out, she's nearly at the truck and I said "I told you I'd help you",.....she replied, "You're around 'cause your wanted, not needed",........awwwww

• Like 1
  • Smile 3
  • Haha 2
Lowndes
On 6/28/2024 at 8:37 AM, John Ranalletta said:

Years ago my wife and I started receiving multiple letters from the bank (a BIG BANK) that said checks were being returned NSF (not sufficient funds) for household bills and the mortgage.  I thought someone had hacked the account, checked the checkbook (it showed several thou balance and was up to date), grabbed the letters and the wife, jumped in the car and went to the local branch we were doing business with.  Walked up to a teller and asked for the balance on the account and she gave me the same figure I showed.  I asked why our checks were being returned.  She didn't know and went for the branch manager.  

After a long wait the BM came out and told me that we had a zero balance in our home equity loan account.  I asked the wife if she had opened any kind of account, "NO", and I had not, so asked the BM to show me the paperwork on this "home equity loan".  She was gone a much longer time and came back with nothing.  I was really irked by that then, may have been talking a little louder than normal voice, and we were still standing in the middle of the lobby.  I finally just asked her why she thought we had this home equity loan that we did not need or want and who opened it.  Her reply was that we must have opened it because the check numbers were in the 1900 to 2000 range and that was reserved for home equity loans.

We had ordered new checks at the bank several weeks before and had started using them.  I asked the BM what number comes after 1899, she said 1900.  I told her and the entire lobby that we had had that account that long, that no one told us about these numbers being reserved, obviously their check printer didn't know, we just needed more checks and we had been customers there for THAT LONG, .......AND, that my Great Grandmother, Grandmother, my Mother, and now I was a loyal customer of this bank and I wanted them to send a letter to each business they had sent NSF notices to and tell them it was THEIR mistake, NOT mine, that caused this.  She said they couldn't do that. I said, "You will do that."  

They eventually did send a letter to each recipient stating something about "technical difficulties" but in no way saying it was their fault, not mine.

I went back to the bank several weeks later, got the BM and told her I wanted to close the account.  This wasn't the only "episode" we'd had there.  Got the check, walked across the parking, literally, and opened an account at a small community bank that we had until it was bought by a much bigger bank and things started going downhill there.

It's not funny but that's what happened.  "You are just a number."  Go with a small bank whenever possible.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
DakarTimm

I had the exact same thing happen to me . Plus the credit union charged me $25.00 for each bounced check. Plus the business's charged me $25.00 ! 

So $50.00 for about a dozen checks that some teller's keystroke mistake .. 

:spittake: Van people have a good sense of humor! :thumbsup:

• Haha 3
John Ranalletta

Worldwide systems are down.  Yeah, Microsoft!

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

Worldwide systems are down.  Yeah, Microsoft!

Looks similar to post 9/11 airspace closure.  Microsoft should pay for all damages due to shutdown.

• Like 1
Hosstage

When this happens again for real, good luck buying goods with your BTC.

Hosstage
2 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

. Microsoft should pay for all damages due to shutdown

I'll bet if you read the agreement with Microsoft to use their product, they are protected from indemnity due to losses from failure of their product. 

On 7/20/2024 at 6:51 AM, Rougarou said:

I think @Hosstage is on to something

image.jpeg.792c61f0ef5c0a05998ce911562f979a.jpeg

One of my FTO's favorite sayings was "Your heart only has a limited number of beats before it quits, why would I waste some of them on exercise?"

He's still alive too so there's that........:java:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
SDCRJohn

How does a polygamous hippie count his wives?

Wait for it......

One Mrs. Hippie, two Mrs. Hippie......

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1

I think he’s forgetting one very important step. :5146:
image.thumb.jpeg.c40d37125ce4a308692ecbf737692a30.jpeg

I have an answer but it would brush up against the political wall. :5146: :4323:

taylor1
On 7/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, TEWKS said:

I think he’s forgetting one very important step.

That Depends   :rofl:

• Haha 2
SDCRJohn

As the bus pulled up at the bus stop and it was her turn to get on, Melissa became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to raise to the height of the first step of the bus:
Slightly embarrassed and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind herself to unzip her skirt a little, thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg. She tried to take the step, only to discover that she still couldn't.
So, a little more embarrassed, she once again reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more, and for the third time attempted the step.
Once again, much to her dismay, she could not raise her leg. With a little smile to the driver, she again reached behind to unzip a little more and again was unable to take the step.
At this point, a large bodybuilder who was standing behind her picked her up easily by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus.
She went ballistic and turned to the would-be Samaritan and yelled. "How dare you touch my body! I don't even know who you are!"
The bodybuilder smiled and drawled. "Well, ma'am, normally I would agree with you, but after you unzipped my fly three times, I kinda figured we was friends!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1