IGNORED

NEBDR planning for this summer.

Hank in WV
8 hours ago, TSConver said:

Any parking I could use?

I'm sure you could probably park up at Jason' place. He's up fishing in Lake Erie right now. I'm not sure you would gain anything by coming here instead of Hancock. According to google, it's only about 75 miles difference for you.

TSConver
14 hours ago, Hank in WV said:

I'm sure you could probably park up at Jason' place. He's up fishing in Lake Erie right now. I'm not sure you would gain anything by coming here instead of Hancock. According to google, it's only about 75 miles difference for you.

Not sure there is any place to park in Hancock for my truck and trailer.

Shawn, I made a couple calls and talked to a very nice lady at https://www.countyhwy17storage.com

She said they have room (outside) for a truck and trailer. Her son handles the outside storage part of the business, she said he’s very reasonable (maybe free) but I didn’t say that neither did he, but… Mom. :spittake:

About five miles out of Hancock. I’ll PM you the son’s #

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
Hank in WV

Pat, let me know what you find out also. We're trailering from here. About a 6hr drive from here. A bit far for a 250 Yamaha.:facepalm:

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Hank in WV said:

About a 6hr drive from here. A bit far for a 250 Yamaha.

I kind of wish I didn’t sell mine, now. :( I had it set up as a “lite” Adventure touring bike. Seat, windscreen, luggage rack, GPS. A little under powered but looking at a few of the rougher sections of the BDR, I think you’ll be smiling and I’ll be sweating. :4315:

• Like 1

You guys have any luck with that parking contact? 🚚🏍️

roadscholar
On 5/23/2024 at 6:33 AM, TEWKS said:

I kind of wish I didn’t sell mine, now. :( I had it set up as a “lite” Adventure touring bike. Seat, windscreen, luggage rack, GPS. A little under powered but looking at a few of the rougher sections of the BDR, I think you’ll be smiling and I’ll be sweating. :4315:

One of my all time favorites, truly a do-anything bike.

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

• Like 1

(selling mine) 

The saddest part of all, the money was headed towards the Porsche pile. :yes: But…it eventually all ended up going towards various unexpected  (increases) in living expenses. :classic_angry:

• 2 weeks later...

20 days till rollout! :yes: I should have put on new tires but this trip will finish them off. :dontknow: Gonna start checking out my camping gear. Collecting dryer lint and a bottle of hand sanitizer to make fire. 🔥

• Like 2
Hank in WV

I've got tires on the way. Oil change on the next rainy day.

• Like 1
Hank in WV

Pat, looks like we'll be staying at the Hancock House on the 22nd. They said we can leave our trailer as long as we'd like. Shawn, if you're still going, you might check them out. How many of us are actually going? We have me, Jason, and Dave.

• Like 1
TSConver
3 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

Pat, looks like we'll be staying at the Hancock House on the 22nd. They said we can leave our trailer as long as we'd like. Shawn, if you're still going, you might check them out. How many of us are actually going? We have me, Jason, and Dave.

I have to have a basil cell carcinoma removed on the 19th.  Probably out but will depend on the size of the incision they end up with.

25 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

Sounds good, depending on Shawn’s outcome it looks like it’s only me from the NE. Chef Paul is heading north to Canada and Mitch hasn’t committed yet so I think that tells me no. I will check out your hotel location and probably ride over late afternoon on Saturday. I’ll PM you my #. 

Hank in WV
42 minutes ago, TSConver said:

I have to have a basil cell carcinoma removed on the 19th.  Probably out but will depend on the size of the incision they end up with.

Darn Shawn, hope that works out for you, be great to have you along.  I had a melanoma cut out of the top of my head which is now finally healing.

TSConver
1 hour ago, Hank in WV said:

Darn Shawn, hope that works out for you, be great to have you along.  I had a melanoma cut out of the top of my head which is now finally healing.

This is my second BCC.  Had one removed last year at the same time.  Had it done with MOHS so it gets it all but can take several passes to get it.  They cut then freeze and look at the cells if the margins are not clear they cut some more, rinse repeat until the margins are clear then they stitch it back up.  If it is small I may be up to putting a helmet on as it is just below my side burn line.  Would not have helmet pressure if it is small.

TSConver

I think I am going to postpone my MOHS procedure until later in the summer so I am likely coming

DO we want to start a text group on phones to do final planning?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, TSConver said:

I think I am going to postpone my MOHS procedure until later in the summer so I am likely coming

DO we want to start a text group on phones to do final planning?

Great, now you can help me pick up my 500 pound beast of a “dirt bike” :D and I’ll help you with yours. While Hank and crew laugh their asses off at us! :rofl:

I have a “Shawn” in my phone but I never put a last name. :dopeslap: Think I know 3 Shawns. I’ll pm you.

Maybe a spoiler here but this video gives a good idea what it’s like leaving Hancock. Not too bad I think. :dontknow: 

A loaded up practice run. I don’t think I’m going to take the drone this time. One more thing to keep track of especially carrying camping gear. 
image.thumb.jpeg.d9f8adc8ef9cc161f378e6f811ab267d.jpeg

IMG_5340.thumb.jpeg.6ea5b155a5143bb5305566d169e141b4.jpeg

• Like 3
Hank in WV

I'm sure no one would want to see pictures of me anyway. if they did, they just have to go to the post office.:facepalm:

• Haha 1
wbw6cos

Hank, you should be more nervous about whether or not he flies the drone into you.   :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Hank, you should be more nervous about whether or not he flies the drone into you.   :grin:

I haven’t hit anybody yet, by accident! :read: :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
Hank in WV

Now I'm not quite so sure I'll be able to go. I might have to rearrange my marble collection that week since I've been putting it off. Priorities you know.

• Haha 1

Hank, get those marbles sorted quickly because there’s a party going on at the Hancock House on Saturday night! :yes: I was able to cancel the Upper Delaware Inn and move over to your place. It sounds a little nicer with a restaurant and pub on site. I grabbed the last double bed, hoping Mitch decides to get in on the action! :cool:

• Like 1
Hank in WV

Well, I guess if I've put it off this long, another week or two shouldn't hurt. Good to hear you made the move. I just hope your room isn't too close to ours...:4322:

• Haha 1

The Hancock House Menu :eat: A great send off meal is extremely important on any Adventure Ride. :spittake: Prime Rib. :lick:

image.thumb.jpeg.24e3335d834c940afb7fb7c487e7f7ac.jpeg

Traveling into the unknown :classic_ohmy: and having 11 thousand miles on these tires I loosened the grip :classic_biggrin: and are putting on new ones.

image.thumb.jpeg.5b0ee4af4f077877f691db732e7f9251.jpeg

• Like 1

Did somebody mention camp food? 

The M&M’s might not survive till departure day but the Spam and Vienna Sausages will walk right through a damn nuclear holocaust! :classic_ohmy: :spittake:
image.thumb.jpeg.9e5e0e0e398b10f3fe69356447846cb8.jpeg

• Smile 1
Rougarou

My desk drawer. I do two packs for lunch 

IMG_3776.thumb.jpeg.6d93bf2daef2d55d2e9f3c39452b6dac.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Checkin is at 4:00 PM the nice lady said. She also said, if the rooms were ready, no problem a little earlier. :thumbsup:

I’m heading out about 8 AM, should roll into town at about the right time. 

I’m really glad I moved hotels! :clap:

• Like 1

Tires check! Ordered one of those bug nets Hank mentioned, not sure how active the gnats are going to be, but without it, very I’m sure. Oil change later on today, I’ll check out my camping gear and then load up the mule. RT 2 out to North Adams for a hotdog at Jack’s. :eat: Seems like my recent trips start with a hotdog stop, weird tradition but hey it’s working! :yes:

IMG_5389.thumb.jpeg.e785f08815402e12774d9dd5da76e22d.jpeg

• Like 2
Hank in WV

I'm not sure when black fly season is, but it was pretty bad on a trip long ago. Always in your mouth, eyes, and ears. at times it looked like it was cloudy.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

I'm not sure when black fly season is, but it was pretty bad on a trip long ago. Always in your mouth, eyes, and ears. at times it looked like it was cloudy.

Hopefully not that bad but…they can be aggravating like nothing else! :classic_angry:

TSConver
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hopefully not that bad but…they can be aggravating like nothing else! :classic_angry:

Ugh it is right in the middle of black fly season now.

23 minutes ago, TSConver said:

Ugh it is right in the middle of black fly season now.

If we rode with our mouths open we could save on dinner costs! :dontknow: Yum…:rofl:

The dry weight of Black Soldier Fly larvae (BSFL) contain up to 50% crude protein(CP), up to 35% lipids and have an amino acid profile that is similar to that of fishmeal26.Jul 12, 2019
  • Thinking 1
3 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Bon appetit!  :eat:

image.jpeg.ae4405abcbf2545a812641e6d2d43498.jpeg

:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
TSConver

I think my trailer is ready. Packed the bearings and aired up the tires.

• Like 2
roadscholar
6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Stage 1 of the adventure! 🌭🌭🌭 :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.82954d3a711da38913afaaff59aaa8c7.jpeg

Hwy 22 or the Taconic Parkway are pretty good ways to head south from there. You may have passed it but if you have time stop in Pine Plains and say hi to John Corson, he restored my 908, is one of the best and usually has something interesting in the shop. Shouldn't be hard to find, just ask someone, it's a small town. Edit, did a little checking looks like 104 Ryan Rd. he's almost always in the shop and a great guy.

https://pineplainsviews.com/people-portraits/the-porsches-have-landed/

ps. The couple times I was there had an RT and GS with me,  some nice little roads in the area.

Rougarou
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

If we rode with our mouths open we could save on dinner costs! :dontknow: Yum…:rofl:

The dry weight of Black Soldier Fly larvae (BSFL) contain up to 50% crude protein(CP), up to 35% lipids and have an amino acid profile that is similar to that of fishmeal26.Jul 12, 2019

Well, at least up there, and here in NC for that matter, there ain't no love bugs,....brought to you by the great state of Louisiana

This is what they do to vehicles

How to REALLY clean lovebugs off your windshield and carLovebugs and lovebug season: Gross photos of Florida's pesky bugThe Glades RV Resort— Love Bug Season!Bugs vs visor blindness - Page 3 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat ...

If ya ain't experienced them,....give it a go, it's enjoyable

• Smile 1
8 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Hwy 22 or the Taconic Parkway are pretty good ways to head south from there. You may have passed it but if you have time stop in Pine Plains and say hi to John Corson,

Exactly my route of travel 22 to 90W to the Taconic. I was thinking of taking a peek at this Craigslist Find that happens to be just west of Pine Plains. (If still available). Does John have a Shop? (Obviously) but a public address to be more specific. 

15 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

If ya ain't experienced them,....give it a go, it's enjoyable

Looks nasty, I’ll deal with the gnats and be happy about it I guess! :classic_biggrin:

Rougarou
28 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Looks nasty, I’ll deal with the gnats and be happy about it I guess! :classic_biggrin:

When stationed in Agony, Ga,....that's Albany for most folks, it was below the gnat line.  Summa's sucked bad for the gnats.  I would wear a head net just to cut the grass to keep the bastages outta the ear holes, eyes and nose holes.  On my carport, I'd run three fans to keep a breeze flowing since the little guys can't fly in anything stronger than fart speed.

Tried bounce sheets in a hat, tried deep woods off, other brands, but gnats are annoying.  

• Like 2