IGNORED

NEBDR planning for this summer.

roadscholar

@TEWKS Pat, yes pretty sure it’s 104 Ryan Rd. Just go around back to the shop.  Btw that 12Adv in Red Hook looks like a winner, last of the camheads.

• Like 1
TSConver
14 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Stage 1 of the adventure! 🌭🌭🌭 :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.82954d3a711da38913afaaff59aaa8c7.jpeg

Lol mine is just a wee bit longer.

Screenshot_20240617_095536_Maps.thumb.jpg.c79440a327b7b23c41882c39e9b0fa9c.jpg

• Haha 1
Hank in WV
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

When stationed in Agony, Ga,....that's Albany for most folks, it was below the gnat line.  Summa's sucked bad for the gnats.  I would wear a head net just to cut the grass to keep the bastages outta the ear holes, eyes and nose holes.  On my carport, I'd run three fans to keep a breeze flowing since the little guys can't fly in anything stronger than fart speed.

Tried bounce sheets in a hat, tried deep woods off, other brands, but gnats are annoying.  

I crossed lake Pontchartrain years ago (about a week or two before a barge took out a section of the bridge) an by the time I got off, I was covered from head to toe with these little yellow bugs. Don't know what they were called. They had washing stations at each end of the bridge where you could spray them off. It was also eerie to drive about 26 miles on the bridge and riding just above the fog and not seeing anything below you.

Hank in WV
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

When stationed in Agony, Ga,....that's Albany for most folks, it was below the gnat line.  Summa's sucked bad for the gnats.  I would wear a head net just to cut the grass to keep the bastages outta the ear holes, eyes and nose holes.  On my carport, I'd run three fans to keep a breeze flowing since the little guys can't fly in anything stronger than fart speed.

Tried bounce sheets in a hat, tried deep woods off, other brands, but gnats are annoying.  

I crossed lake Pontchartrain years ago (about a week or two before a barge took out a section of the bridge) an by the time I got off, I was covered from head to toe with these little yellow bugs. Don't know what they were called. They had washing stations at each end of the bridge where you could spray them off. It was also eerie to drive about 26 miles on the bridge and riding just above the fog and not seeing anything below you.

4 hours ago, TSConver said:

Lol mine is just a wee bit longer.

Screenshot_20240617_095536_Maps.thumb.jpg.c79440a327b7b23c41882c39e9b0fa9c.jpg

Sounds like yours should be a lot more actually. My route in total to Hancock is 357 miles. Not completely a direct route but close.

551 is work no doubt! 

You can’t go camping without your telescoping (fit in your pannier) wiener sticks…:read:  :classic_laugh:

IMG_5400.thumb.jpeg.ad1442d43fad91750724ce23f5364a49.jpeg

roadscholar
24 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

You can’t go camping without your telescoping (fit in your pannier) wiener sticks…:read:  :classic_laugh:

IMG_5400.thumb.jpeg.ad1442d43fad91750724ce23f5364a49.jpeg

When is this happening again, I'm gettin' impatient : )

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, roadscholar said:

When is this happening again, I'm getting impatient : )

I almost started a “ride tale” the other day but figured I’d better wait at least till the kickstand goes up! :classic_biggrin:

roadscholar
48 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I almost started a “ride tale” the other day but figured I’d better wait at least till the kickstand goes up! :classic_biggrin:

Pfft, details. The good thing is I called my buddy John in Pine Plains this afternoon, hadn't talked to him in years. We spent a couple hours catching up and rehashing the good old days of historic racing and restoration projects, some of which he's still doing, glad I did.

• Like 1

That’s awesome Bill, I was seriously thinking about stopping by and telling him an old friend mentioned you. Maybe even get some sporty car pics to spice up the story. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
roadscholar
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

That’s awesome Bill, I was seriously thinking about stopping by and telling him an old friend mentioned you. Maybe even get some sporty car pics to spice up the story. :thumbsup:

IMG_0419.JPG

Would be great if you find the time, or maybe some other time, it'd be worth the ride/drive. When I took the car back up in '04 to have the nose painted and a couple small things tweaked an old Suburban pulling a non-descript enclosed trailer drove up out front. Two guys rolled out a very rare 1968 Ferrari prototype (1 of 1 or 2) that probably raced against my 908 (1 of 5 short tail coupes) when they were new. It belonged to Peter Sachs (Goldman-Sachs), we rolled them out back and took pics of them side by side which sadly got lost on an old computer but think I can find something online, it was a moving moment to reunite two old foes. Ferrari 312P.

b88878e9380b3dc7e2bd5c03b2029c23.jpg

Ferrari_312P_Cigala-Berlinetti_Turin_Berlinetta_sn-0872_1968_BPB0120_pb_2008.jpg

Ferrari 312 Cigala-n-Berlinetti sn-0872 1968

porsche-908-short-tal-coupe-usine-26.jpg.jpg

71ba4fc1711e8479188c4a7e0bd0c2af.jpg

• Like 1

So I woke up this morning with some serious doubts that my 12 y/o plastic Vario panniers are up to the task. :5146: They’ve been repaired once already (broken latch tab) so there’s that. After looking at a few more trail videos and realizing it’s not all smooth maintained dirt roads I might ditch them. 

Hank in WV

Three and a wake-up.... What would you go with for bags instead of the Varios?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

Three and a wake-up.... What would you go with for bags instead of the Varios?

I have one of the bigger BMW rack bags. I’ll see how much crap (that I probably don’t need) I can pack into it today. :classic_biggrin:

• Thinking 1

All good, one less change of undergarments but…I can ride sweep! :rofl:

image.thumb.jpeg.c880da7eb203ddafca6f84548e8ad877.jpeg

• Like 1
Rougarou
34 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

undergarments 

Useless piece of gear.

• Smile 1
19 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Useless piece of gear.

LD Comfort  shorts are the exception. :read:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
Rougarou
6 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

LD Comfort  shorts are the exception. :read:

Never had those.  And quit the other types in '86ish:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Never had those.  And quit the other types in '86ish:classic_biggrin:

Retroactive “Father’s Day” gift? Send that to your daughter, she owes you a little something. ;)  

taylor1
53 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

And quit the other types in '86ish:classic_biggrin:

So your saying that when you get skid marks, you really slam on the brakes  :rofl:

• Haha 2
Rougarou
6 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Retroactive “Father’s Day” gift? Send that to your daughter, she owes you a little something. ;)  

Nah,.....I'll stay with my current set up,....it works fine hiking heavy packs, running distant miles, cycling many more miles and riding the bikes all day.

• Like 1

So, I juiced up the ride just a bit! :yes: Hot dogs at Jack’s in North Adams, gonna try to get a sporty P car picture in Pine Plains and then, look at a white GSA in Red Hook. :spittake: And I made the route out to Hancock even better, life is good right now! :clap:

• Like 3
wbw6cos

White????  :dontknow:

Are you feeling okay?

• Haha 2
roadscholar
8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I know, has black wheels at least. :dontknow: :spittake:

but you'll like the wind protection (and rock steady) at 90mph not to mention 300 mile range Let's you get to the dirt sooner : )

• Like 1

All packed up, chillin in the shade waiting on Saturday morning. :4315:
image.thumb.jpeg.bcd19177572c125d5480939278c8c221.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1

Well, I just got a text from Red Hook NY. :read: The White GSA I was going to check out just sold. :( (don’t have a clue yet, ;) I guess) Still have Jack’s hot dogs :lick: and maybe a P Car picture or two, we’ll see. 

• Like 2