IGNORED

36k mile service cost, wow it's expensive!

Colorado Jeff

Wayne Johnson

The trouble with valve service at the dealership is in spec. Meaning no time to get fussy it's in or out. My 19 was checked at 34K and (in spec) sounded like the valves were coming out of it at 40k when Boxflyer found one completely out of spec and another very close to it. Traded it in at 46 and the dealer was amazed how good it ran.

• Like 1
On 4/28/2024 at 10:10 AM, bendbill said:

Thanks, D.R.__   I do trust him, as he's the long-time service center for Bend, Oregon PD RT police bikes.  

Using M-Tech or other?  I've been going to Boise for service when Big Twin sold out.  The Boise outfit is a total RV 'powersports' outfit.  Not feeling the BMW love if you know what I mean.

Rob Nowell

I just paid something like $870 for 48k service on my '16 RT.

bendbill
On 5/26/2024 at 10:06 PM, Red said:

Using M-Tech or other?  I've been going to Boise for service when Big Twin sold out.  The Boise outfit is a total RV 'powersports' outfit.  Not feeling the BMW love if you know what I mean.

M-Tech, who I've used for years

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
dbozroz

And I assume they will be replacing the drive shaft, if you actually have 36,000 miles on your bike. That should be free, but BMW is probably jacking up all the other service costs to make up for their "free" replacement! Still, that $1387 sure seems high!!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!! Is all I can say.  I think, make that KNOW, I will keep my FJR.  

• Haha 1