IGNORED

How do I find the most scenic roads in WA, ID, and OR?

Bob_1978

I'm planning a 4-5 day trip from Seattle east to Spokane, and then south along the Idaho line into eastern Oregon and maybe into northern Nevada.  Coming back on a more easterly route up though Bend and Mt. Hood.

What websites would anyone recommend for finding the best routes?  I'm on an R1200RT so want to stay on paved roads!

bendbill

Sorry I don't have a website, but I've done Bend to Missoula, MT via Eastern Oregon and Idaho on 3 different trips.  Nice lonely roads of space and light.

Coming down from Spokane or Coeur d’Alene:

Clarkston WA --Enterprise OR --La Grande OR-- Baker City—Sumpter—John Day—Long Creek—Monument—Kimberly—Spray—Fossil—Antelope—Maupin—Hwy 216 to Hwy 26 N’ to Mt Hood@ Government Camp--Portland

• Like 1

395 in eastern Oregon is a beautiful and lightly trafficked ride. I have ridden it several times between Reno and Kennewick when I lived in Spokane. There are a lot of scenic and curvy roads between Kennewick and Spokane via the Palouse.......

szurszewski

I5 for a quick shot north toward Burlington and then 20 across WA and into the valley. The route listed above is a good one after that. Are you ok with some gravel roads?

• 3 weeks later...
Bob_1978

Thanks for the advice. 

Had a great ride from Seattle to the Boundary Dam Campground in NE Washington, south through Coeur d'Alene through Moscow ID to Joseph in SE Oregon, then back through Walla Walla and the TriCities. 

Favorite roads were WA-20 from North Cascades to Republic WA...ID-29/OR-3 from Lewiston ID to Joseph OR...and OR-204 from Elgin to Weston. 

• Like 1
Rob Nowell

I was born and raised in NW Montana, and am pretty familiar with western Montana as well as a lot of ID.  Msg me if you have specific questions or requests.