IGNORED

Sargent seat review, ( bottom line, hindsight ? )

joeb

I realize reviews are highly subjective , so as to let you know my criteria for comfort , here are a few things to consider.

I had a Corbin seat on my  1150 RT . Hated the seat and replaced with the stock seat which I happily put on  a  100K miles.. I also like the smell of skunk and the taste of Kaopectate . So my opinions may differ from yours.

I've posted about purchasing a Sargent seat for my 09 GS previously, a good experience from Cycle Gear , butt I wasn't able to give thoughts on how I enjoyed it till now, as I now have about 500 miles under my butt. 

I LOVE it ! 

I've experimented with it's adjustments

( front up, down, seat lowered, raised ) and settled on raising both front and rear so as to make my knees a little less bent. As a point of reference my GS is a factory lowered model and I think the original seat was a little extreme in its shape to lower the butt thereby pinching the boys . The Sargent is much flatter than the original and a little wider . I would say that padding wise it is a little more firm than other seats , butt I don't mind that at all. My gripe with the original seat had nothing to do with the padding , it was the shape that made it painful for me on long rides ( anything in excess of past my driveway ) So far very happy . Really enjoying the bike now.

• Like 1
DakarTimm

I was a long time Corbin owner .I put a Sargent seat on my 2016 R1200RS . It was Avery good decision 

• Like 2