IGNORED

Windshield recommendations

BABABeemer

BABABeemer

Does anyone have any recommendations on aftermarket windshields for the RT? I was planning on the Werks Quiet Ride but the manufacturer is no longer taking orders.

BABABeemer
3 hours ago, reg26 said:

This is the exact same one as the Werks. I believe they bought his design. 
https://www.7jurock.com/collections/r1200rt/products/bmw-r1200rt-2014-up-windshield-replacement

it is by far the best. I tried Wundererlich ,BMW Touring screen and Aeroflow.   Aeroflow was the closest but had a funky kind of tint to it. 

Thanks reg26! This was just what I was looking for.

• Like 1
realshelby
On 5/22/2024 at 12:18 PM, reg26 said:

This is the exact same one as the Werks. I believe they bought his design. 
https://www.7jurock.com/collections/r1200rt/products/bmw-r1200rt-2014-up-windshield-replacement

it is by far the best. I tried Wundererlich ,BMW Touring screen and Aeroflow.   Aeroflow was the closest but had a funky kind of tint to it. 

No, they did not  buy rights to "Quiet Ride" screens.  But that is not for discussion here........

1 hour ago, realshelby said:

No, they did not  buy rights to "Quiet Ride" screens.  But that is not for discussion here........

Sorry Terry. I was not really sure but took a wrong guess. I have bought three shields from you and have always been very satisfied. They are the same shields though correct? I was told they were on another BMW forum. Hope I didn't screw that up also.

• 1 month later...
pbrown2569

The 7 Jurock windshield for the RT is NOT the same windshield as the Quiet Ride. I just made the mistake, and the difference is very noticeable. 

BABABeemer
On 6/27/2024 at 6:00 PM, pbrown2569 said:

The 7 Jurock windshield for the RT is NOT the same windshield as the Quiet Ride. I just made the mistake, and the difference is very noticeable. 

I ended up getting the 24” 7 Jurock lightly tinted windshield and I couldn’t be happier. Very low noise and buffeting even on the low setting.

Scotto336

That's a bummer.  I have the quiet ride 26 inch that I love.  Sorry to hear that it's no longer available. 

Paul De

Yes, I am very happy with my Werks windscreen, and sad that it isn’t on the market anymore.  

Hope that other vendors will get good reviews here as the stock screen, while not terrible, was lacking in some aspects.  I’m sure the BMW windscreen design committee included engineering, the styling team, supply chain, and bean counter with input on function, aesthetics, sourcing and cost per unit.  Even with all that competing input on windscreen design, that committed got it close to right…unlike the saddle design committee, which must have included Marquis de Sade as team leader on that design committee.