IGNORED

Arai Helmet Choice; help with decision

Shelterwoods

Shelterwoods

I am considering a new helmet, and have narrowed to the Arai Signet-X with the Pro Shade, or the Arai XD-5. Do any of you have any feedback to provide about these helmets? In particular, my consideration mostly has to do with the "bill" or "peak" as they are sometimes referred to. I have been using the "Super Visor" visor on my Shoei Neotec II, and am very happy with the way that it blocks the sun glare on the shield. However, I have been unable to find the "Super Visor" website for a couple of years, so am assuming that the company is no more; that is the reason that I'm considering these two helmets. The Pro Shade is supposed to act as an anti-glare shield, and may provide the same benefit as the Super Visor did. Other wise, the visor on the XD-5 may provide the same anti-glare protection.

I love the quality and fit of the Arai helmets, and would like to have another. I would appreciate any help with these concerns. Thank you.

Del

TSConver

If you are looking at the xd5 you should also look at the klim krios pro. I just switched to it from an xd4 and it is 8 oz lighter on my scale. Same shape. First non arai helmet for me in 30 years.