IGNORED

Chatter

Dennis Andress

Dennis Andress

That looks like a nightmare. I'd get a head start on it.

• Plus 1 1
Dave_in_TX
On 7/2/2024 at 8:22 PM, Skywagon said:

Could be a wrinkle for me.  Hurricane Beryl is headed to the Gulf.  The forecasts are mixed.  Some say it will stay Northern Mexico and some say starting to head towards South Texas Coast as far north as...guess what....where my property/boat is.  It is supposed to hit Sunday @   2pm.  My plans right now are to keep a close eye on Beryl and head for Arkansas Sunday as planned.  The wrinkle is, my insurance clearly states if a hurricane is forecasted to hit you and you don't batten down the hatches and move the boat out of harms way, your coverage doesn't apply.  Battening down the hatches and moving the boat 100 miles inland is no small chore.  I'll take an educated guess sometime Thursday and at the latest Friday.  If they order evacuation it is a real nightmare to get in and then get back out.

The latest 2-forecast...One says life is good and one says I'm going to be cleaning up a mess again.  Ike, Harvey, now Beryl.  Do  they RT Floats?

https://youtu.be/bPsZzrXCsPA?t=378

I've been watching the weather also. While a hurricane isn't a concern where I am in Wisconsin, there is a front coming that could produce rain and thunderstorms Sunday over much of my route. I'm considering leaving Saturday and going at least part way.

• Like 1
Dave_in_TX

Is there anyone who is going to be at the UN who can reset the service reminder on my 2023 R1250GS? I changed oil early before leaving for the MOA rslly in Redmond and again after arriving in Wisconsin so the service has been done. I forgot to reset it before leaving and didn't think to bring my Obdlink that would let use my Motoscan app to do the reset. The nagging service notice I see every time I start the bike is becoming very annoying. 

Dennis Andress
On 7/2/2024 at 6:22 PM, Skywagon said:

Could be a wrinkle for me.  Hurricane Beryl is headed to the Gulf.  The forecasts are mixed.  Some say it will stay Northern Mexico and some say starting to head towards South Texas Coast as far north as...guess what....where my property/boat is.  It is supposed to hit Sunday @   2pm.  My plans right now are to keep a close eye on Beryl and head for Arkansas Sunday as planned.  The wrinkle is, my insurance clearly states if a hurricane is forecasted to hit you and you don't batten down the hatches and move the boat out of harms way, your coverage doesn't apply.  Battening down the hatches and moving the boat 100 miles inland is no small chore.  I'll take an educated guess sometime Thursday and at the latest Friday.  If they order evacuation it is a real nightmare to get in and then get back out.

The latest 2-forecast...One says life is good and one says I'm going to be cleaning up a mess again.  Ike, Harvey, now Beryl.  Do  they RT Floats?

https://youtu.be/bPsZzrXCsPA?t=378

What's the word?

On 7/2/2024 at 8:45 PM, Bernie said:

Well, I have intention of riding every day. That is really the reason I ride to these events.

Bike is loaded and my back set navigator is ready to go.

IMG_1734.thumb.jpeg.212fc85f3fa3f5828e3b5608ddfeb6e3.jpegIMG_1735.thumb.jpeg.aaf70cc6b267254e704761c34d87d93a.jpeg

we are to slow for you, but if you let us know the route you are riding on Saturday, maybe we do the same route and meet at lunch.  Let me know.  thanks

• Like 2
Skywagon
1 hour ago, Dennis Andress said:

What's the word?

Wont know for sure until Saturday.  It looks like right now I'm headed to Eureka Springs...but subject to change.  I talked to the marina in Port A and so far, they are assuming lots of rain, but not hurricane winds.  I can take the rain.  Wind is the issue and really cost me hundreds of thousands during Harvey.  If the winds are less than 100mph...I'm headed to Eureka Springs on Sunday.

• Like 2
Bernie
29 minutes ago, randy said:

we are to slow for you, but if you let us know the route you are riding on Saturday, maybe we do the same route and meet at lunch.  Let me know.  thanks

@randy I will not get to Eureka Springs until Saturday evening. My plan for Saturday is to ride from Jonesboro, AR to Eureka Springs the long way. I may have lunch in Mountain View on Saturday. That would be routes 02 & 02A. Let me know if you want to meet Saturday and I try to find a sandwich place. Bushel And A Peck Cafe ? Maybe?
Otherwise We can talk on Saturday evening about which ride for Sunday. 

On 6/13/2024 at 4:58 PM, Dennis Andress said:

So….   What’s your favorite route across West Texas?

Interstate 10 at a buck ten or twenty. 

Carry windscreen bug removal. 

Do not wear an open-face helmet. YMMV :burnout:

• Smile 1
MikeB60
12 hours ago, Dave_in_TX said:

Is there anyone who is going to be at the UN who can reset the service reminder on my 2023 R1250GS? I changed oil early before leaving for the MOA rslly in Redmond and again after arriving in Wisconsin so the service has been done. I forgot to reset it before leaving and didn't think to bring my Obdlink that would let use my Motoscan app to do the reset. The nagging service notice I see every time I start the bike is becoming very annoying. 

I can bring a obdlink. @Indy Dave usually has his unlimited GS911 as well. 

Dave_in_TX
2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Thanks

Dennis Andress

Closer to pushing than empty. 
IMG_1633.jpeg

• Like 1
Dave_in_TX

Heading out Saturday. Like Skywagon's situation, the weather forecast for my route is a bit mixed but the concensus for Sunday is rain and thunderstorms for about the first third of my route. Planning to do about 500 miles Saturday and the remainder Sunday.

• Like 1
Bernie
On 7/4/2024 at 3:38 AM, MikeB60 said:

Sorry @MikeB60, I don’t think IndyDave has an unlimited GS911, so @Dave_in_TX may just have to reset it at home before he leaves for the UnRally. 

Bernie

I made it to Olive Branch, MS and stopped again for coffee and a sandwich. I just can’t deny the siren call of Starbucks Siren. :4323:IMG_1770.thumb.jpeg.8375eebc598b8fbc982c22f87771f78c.jpegIMG_1767.thumb.jpeg.5eaead34be428d40f34f88fb9c5fa007.jpegIMG_1769.thumb.jpeg.b776001ad2e23d2062dbc293f4ae9388.jpeg

Unfortunately, I lost Bo somewhere in North Alabama this morning. So if anyone sees him hitchhiking, give him a lift. He doesn’t bite. :3:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
  • Sad 2
Dave_in_TX
51 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Sorry @MikeB60, I don’t think IndyDave has an unlimited GS911, so @Dave_in_TX may just have to reset it at home before he leaves for the UnRally. 

Home is in Texas but I'm currently in Wisconsin resetting it at home before the Unrally isn't possible.

• Thinking 1
Skywagon

My service light has been on for about 2 years now.  Of course I've done all the service...even more so than required.  It would be nice if someone could reset it while at the UN.

4 hours ago, Bernie said:

Unfortunately, I lost Bo somewhere in North Alabama this morning. So if anyone sees him hitchhiking, give him a lift. He doesn’t bite

Awe man, Bo just became a Ho! :rofl:

Edit

An illustration for clarity. :spittake:

image.jpeg.c18d46e72ab0537cf0f18a829f55fa5d.jpeg

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Dave_in_TX
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

My service light has been on for about 2 years now.  Of course I've done all the service...even more so than required.  It would be nice if someone could reset it while at the UN.

If @MikeB60 brings his Obdlink, I can reset it.

MikeB60
3 hours ago, Bernie said:

16 minutes ago, Dave_in_TX said:

If @MikeB60 brings his Obdlink, I can reset it.

It's packed!

• Like 1
Dave_in_TX
51 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

It's packed!

Thsnks

• Like 1
BrianT

Kickstand up in a few and rolling east from the west-coast with Carl.  Weather looks like it changed for the UN with Hurricane or Tropical Storm Beryl turning towards TX and possible up into AR from there.  Hopefully the rain will cool the temps.  Cya'll Monday.

UNTemps2.JPG.a2e1f6e7863ef51d063b8af313840edd.JPG

Beryl.thumb.jpg.28a25d63f9e32fab26870d27b5cf603e.jpg

• Like 1
Skywagon

I’ll have my Garmin In-Reach on. If anyone wants to track my path, shoot me your number in a pm. It works best if you have Garmin Explore on your phone. Free download

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
wbw6cos

Garmin In-Reach, eh.  I have been interested in one lately.  For now, I just have  Spot Trace.  May upgrade in the future.  

You should still have my number, as I still have your.  Send me the link, please.  

Ride safe!

roadscholar
3 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Leaving Portales

IMG_1635.jpeg

Reminds me of Louisville, Ga. except less West and more South. Good route. 

Louisvillega1.jpg?itok=oxhIyilP

Bernie

Lunch stop at Carolyn’s Razorback Ribs in Yellville, AR. 
IMG_1777.thumb.jpeg.623c0439de2d1565472d852051e93f7d.jpegIMG_1780.thumb.jpeg.576413293407efe24b12df7f902d3d0a.jpeg

• Like 3
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

Reminds me of Louisville, Ga. except less West and more South. Good route.

A bit off the beaten path but I found Portales way nicer than Santa Rosa. 

• Like 1
Dennis Andress

It sure is hard to find breakfast around here!

L1000450.jpeg

• Like 2
Bernie
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dennis Andress said:

It sure is hard to find breakfast around here!

L1000450.jpeg

They have breakfast at the Oark General Store in Oark, AR. But not on Tuesday. IMG_1790.thumb.jpeg.f3eedc4d818a3f535b2ff83cadd29735.jpegIMG_1791.thumb.jpeg.8726e8b0cb1e22ca1339ce31a2f70e3d.jpegIMG_1788.thumb.jpeg.1218dbeb68a7954ece5d3bf39cb1b53e.jpeg

they have a bunch of stickers. 
IMG_1793.thumb.jpeg.bbc6a95af1aa891a4fc00f5c8e1e6e81.jpeg

Edited by Bernie
  • Like 2
Bluenoser
On 7/6/2024 at 1:45 PM, Bernie said:

Lunch stop at Carolyn’s Razorback Ribs in Yellville, AR. 
IMG_1777.thumb.jpeg.623c0439de2d1565472d852051e93f7d.jpegIMG_1780.thumb.jpeg.576413293407efe24b12df7f902d3d0a.jpeg

Now those are some fine looking ribs.

• Like 3
Chris K

Had a 20 minute wait on 23 this morning. The truck on the right finally backed up enough to let us by. 

IMG_20240709_113027584.jpg

Here is a link to a album for everyone’s pictures from the 2024 UnRally in Eureka Springs, AR.

Please post copies of your pictures there for the enjoyment of the rest of the community.

2024 UnRally Picture Album

• Like 1
John Ranalletta

Many thanks to Mike & DyAnne, our organizers for a superrb location and accommodations and to @Bernie for giving us the best riding Arkansas has to offer.  The riding here is under appreciated but the effort these folks put in is not.  

Thanks, again.

• Plus 1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Dennis Andress locked and unlocked this topic