IGNORED

Belstaff gloves = cheap construction

I bought a pair of leather Belstaff Motorcycle gloves ($100.00+) a couple of seasons ago, and have worn them maybe 10 or 12 times.

Yesterday I noticed that the fingers seemed to be fraying. Imagine my surprise when I realized that my ‘leather’ gloves have pleather panels, and the surface is coming off in chunks.

It blows my mind, the depths that a manufacturer will go to in the effort to squeeze a few more bucks out of its clients. All the while charging premium prices.

Makes me wonder how much of their extremely expensive ‘leather’ jackets are actually leather.

IMG_3772.thumb.jpeg.200a4c269d6a1e757f7516aba348f63b.jpegIMG_3774.thumb.jpeg.2637ad044ca9587158c14152f1fc278a.jpegIMG_3773.thumb.jpeg.a15769f38441673862cd28398fc64eef.jpeg

Groanup

Index finger only...

Maybe it's just one of those "touch tech" phone compatible panels wearing out?

I suppose it could be. I don’t recall any mention of that on the packaging when I bought them. Even if it is—falling apart after 2 seasons is not good at that price. 

• Yango changed the title to Belstaff gloves = cheap construction

While not having the padding protection of racing style gloves, for excellent leather products made in USA and also great customer service,  check out Fox Creek Leather.com, they make very nice gloves and quite often have10-20% off sales! Their deerskin gauntlets are some of the best and most comfy gloves I have worn and I got'em on sale for around 70 bucks...love them!

• Like 1
Rougarou
On 6/14/2024 at 10:40 AM, Yango said:

I suppose it could be. I don’t recall any mention of that on the packaging when I bought them. Even if it is—falling apart after 2 seasons is not good at that price. 

I still have and wear regularly, my Scorpion Klaw gloves from 2010,......in really, really good shape

19 hours ago, Krid said:

While not having the padding protection of racing style gloves, for excellent leather products made in USA and also great customer service,  check out Fox Creek Leather.com, they make very nice gloves and quite often have10-20% off sales! Their deerskin gauntlets are some of the best and most comfy gloves I have worn and I got'em on sale for around 70 bucks...love them!

100% my friend. Fox Creek has some incredible quality products. 
I recently picked up a Fox Creek Classic Motorcycle Jacket, and was totally blown away at the quality of the leather and construction. I’m definitely going to be picking up some gloves from them. 

• Like 1

So, a little update here.

Belstaff wrote me back and said “yup, your gloves are indeed falling apart, where did you buy them?” So, when I told them I bought them at a BMW dealership, their response was “take it up with them, your contract is not with us”.

What absolute bullshit.

I pointed out that BMW was simply the vendor, not the manufacturer, and it was Belstaff that chose to incorporate the cheap panels that are falling apart. No response. They did however, send me as survey to fill out to see how ecstatic I am to be dealing with their wonderful company. I would never buy anything from Belstaff again. There are too many excellent products from amazing companies like Schott, Fox Creek, Dainese, Knox and Klim, who have fantastic products that the companies are willing to stand behind… unlike Belstaff. 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Skywagon

There is a bright side…. At least you never crashed and had to test their abrasion resistance..  you found out they are junk before you really needed them. 

• Smile 2
Hosstage

This company has been recommended by others here. Offering a 10% discount. I have not gotten any of their gloves yet, but I will be soon.

For clarity, I have no affiliation with them.

https://sullivanglove.com/

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
Skywagon

I have 2 pair of Sullivan gloves. They are made well, but honestly I don’t ride with them. There’s no real way to fasten them to your hand so they won’t come off in a crash.  I had a small problem with them and they almost instantly responded and took immediate care of the issue. 

• Like 1