IGNORED

2024 Fall Appalichian Riding Tour (FART) Sept. 25-29 Natural Bridge, VA Hotel Registration Info

Indy Dave

Indy Dave
21 minutes ago, bluenoserswife said:

mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa 🤦‍♀️.  

It changed after you guys registered, but not because 😃

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

Well, I'm going to try again.  In Wed-Sun, reservation made.  I broke my ankle two days before I was going to leave for START.  I'll try to not do that again.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1
Indy Dave
2 minutes ago, Burt said:

Well, I'm going to try again.  In Wed-Sun, reservation made.  I broke my ankle two days before I was going to leave for START.  I'll try to not do that again.

Great Burt! We've been missing you, Natural Bridge is a great location to rendezvous!

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
RTinNC
1 hour ago, randy said:

In room booked arriving Thursday with Uncle Tom

Happy you guys are making the trip! 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RTinNC said:

Happy you guys are making the trip! 

actually, this will be a makeup trip, the last Natural Bridge event Uncle Tom's motorcycle had a 125.00 part fail, and I had to trailer him back to Morristown and he missed the event.  Hoping he has no issues and gets to enjoy Natural Bridge this time.

• Like 4
Chef Paul

Thank You to everyone who works so hard to make these events possible for all to enjoy!

Once again, I am looking forward to another fun event and lots of great riding!  

Booked for the entire week Sunday through Saturday.

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 2
Lowndes

IN, Tue thru Sun.

Better late than never.

NO PROBLEM booking the first way, got a call back promptly for the CC# and then a confirming email.  EZPZ.

• Like 6
RTinNC
19 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

IN, Tue thru Sun.

Better late than never.

NO PROBLEM booking the first way, got a call back promptly for the CC# and then a confirming email.  EZPZ.

Awesome!   Now you have enough time to get your bike ready :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
RTinNC
8 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Think I'll start bringing a spare.

But then there would not be any entertainment :3:

Lowndes
4 hours ago, RTinNC said:

But then there would not be any entertainment :3:

...until the second bike breaks!!

• Thinking 1
rounder jim

I will be checking in September 25th and out September 29th. And looking forward to seeing everyone and doing some good riding.

• Like 3

I’ve enticed my 2 Canadian BMW converts, Lance and John , to make the trip.  They are booked probably arriving Wednesday on their RS’s.  

• Like 6

Sent an email to see if there is still a room available for a solo rider.  Will be my first event outside of Torrey and looking forward to it. 

• Like 4
Indy Dave
31 minutes ago, W8NONU said:

Sent an email to see if there is still a room available for a solo rider.  Will be my first event outside of Torrey and looking forward to it. 

Plenty of rooms available!

So glad to have you joining us! :clap:

Welcome!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

Reservations are made.  I’ll arrive on Wednesday and be leaving on Sunday.  Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the fun roads in the area. 

• Like 3
Indy Dave

A warm and genuine welcome from each and every one of us!

large.START2024GroupwithNumbersv3nikki.j

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
taylor1

That is a great lookin group. Not sure who he is, but that no. 33 is one handsome man!  :3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

That is a great lookin group. Not sure who he is, but that no. 33 is one handsome man!  :3:

I hope no. 33 can make it to FART 2024!

• Like 1
Rougarou
On 7/19/2024 at 1:18 PM, taylor1 said:

Still doing self love at your age,......

• Thinking 1
taylor1

Just trying to prove that beauty is only in the eye of the beholder :classic_blink:

• Smile 1
Rougarou
55 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Just trying to prove that beauty is only in the eye of the beholder :classic_blink:

You mean:

Beauty Is In The Eye of the Beerholder Beer Holder Vintage Metal Sign ...

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
JDH1952

This group looked like a pleasant bunch (at least "on paper") so I made the hotel reservation a week or 2 ago & promptly went on vacation.

So here's my late notice of attendance Wed. to Sun. I'm meeting a friend of mine at this event who's from upstate NY and I'm coming from SW Wisconsin; unless life intercedes.

Looking forward to creating some new friendships and favoring some new roads.   (hmm ... Should I also submit a "New Member" entry? ... or ... will this suffice?)

-JoeH   (WI)  BMW1250RT

-PeterW   (NY)   KTM

• Like 7
Indy Dave
21 minutes ago, JDH1952 said:

This group looked like a pleasant bunch (at least "on paper") so I made the hotel reservation a week or 2 ago & promptly went on vacation.

So here's my late notice of attendance Wed. to Sun. I'm meeting a friend of mine at this event who's from upstate NY and I'm coming from SW Wisconsin; unless life intercedes.

Looking forward to creating some new friendships and favoring some new roads.   (hmm ... Should I also submit a "New Member" entry? ... or ... will this suffice?)

-JoeH   (WI)  BMW1250RT

-PeterW   (NY)   KTM

Welcome welcome welcome! The riding is great :revit: and the folks here aren't too bad :rofl:.

There are a couple of first timer threads with general info that's intended to be helpful(?) :90:.

Please feel free to post any questions here or pm me.

Looking forward to meeting you both!

• Like 1
Motorhead1977

So #JDH1952, where in upstate NY is your friend Peter W coming from.  We (plus our friend Matt V) are heading down (truck and trailer) from the Albany area.  It's an easy going group......, they let me show up :3:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
wbw6cos

.......something, something, bourbon and cigars,  something like that.  Or so I have heard.  :wave:

• Like 3
John Ranalletta
4 hours ago, JDH1952 said:

This group looked like a pleasant bunch (at least "on paper") 

Bring bail money.

• Like 1
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 4
JDH1952
21 hours ago, Motorhead1977 said:

So #JDH1952, where in upstate NY is your friend Peter W coming from.  We (plus our friend Matt V) are heading down (truck and trailer) from the Albany area.  It's an easy going group......, they let me show up :3:

Hoping for the "easy going group" ...

PeterW is from Greenwich, NY riding a KTM12xx ???  I'll try to get him to follow this link/group.

I used to live near Averill Park, NY. Moved to Wisconsin, near Dubuque 7-8 years ago. I've been following the DART events in hopes of attending but it seems my wife always plans our vacation elsewhere on those days so I haven't been able to make it to DART yet.

Thank you all for the greetings.

-Joe

1 hour ago, JDH1952 said:

Hoping for the "easy going group" ...

PeterW is from Greenwich, NY riding a KTM12xx ???  I'll try to get him to follow this link/group.

I used to live near Averill Park, NY. Moved to Wisconsin, near Dubuque 7-8 years ago. I've been following the DART events in hopes of attending but it seems my wife always plans our vacation elsewhere on those days so I haven't been able to make it to DART yet.

Thank you all for the greetings.

-Joe

Ha ... had to look up Greenwich NY but it is in a nice part of the state for sure!    Will be a nice ride down to VA !   

Well .... looks like we have another member attending from the "Charlotte Crew" :18:

My buddy Dennis Lohouse from Rochester NY has booked !!   Dennis was with me on my recent trip to Redmond and rode with me to Great Falls in 2021. 

It appears the "Charlotte Crew" is now about TEN .... no not close to the Indy massive gang but we're trying :grin:

I will suggest Dennis gets a login and posts his own "I'm in" post 

• Like 1
terryofperry
50 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Well .... looks like we have another member attending from the "Charlotte Crew" :18:

My buddy Dennis Lohouse from Rochester NY has booked !!   Dennis was with me on my recent trip to Redmond and rode with me to Great Falls in 2021. 

It appears the "Charlotte Crew" is now about TEN .... no not close to the Indy massive gang but we're trying :grin:

I will suggest Dennis gets a login and posts his own "I'm in" post 

That's quite a geographical stretch.:5146:

Now you've gone and done it, Indy Dave wil lay claim to the Gawja and Florida boys. :facepalm:

Terry

• Haha 3
taylor1
57 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Charlotte Crew"

If we started a Carolina crew, I think we'd give em a run for their money

• Like 1
1 hour ago, terryofperry said:

Now you've gone and done it, Indy Dave wil lay claim to the Gawja and Florida boys. :facepalm:

Terry

Hey Charlotte is unfortunately one of the largest growing cities…. Apparently now border to border.image.png.db93f694710983f4b4470713ec2873a5.png

But I think “Indy”  @Indy Dave covers most of the Midwest 🙄

@taylor1 I do like the name change to “Carolinas” 😂😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, terryofperry said:

Terry

I am sure NE-FL is a Indy suburb and I know it is the southern portion of Canada. 

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Bernie said:

I am sure NE-FL is a Indy suburb and I know it is the southern portion of Canada. 

Actually it’s very close to Charlotte…. Just sayin

😊😊

• Thinking 1
1 minute ago, RTinNC said:

Actually it’s very close to Charlotte…. Just sayin

😊😊

Not really with all that traffic you guys have.

Motorhead1977
11 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Only in the metric system :14:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
taylor1
16 hours ago, Bernie said:

am sure NE-FL is a Indy suburb

I would feel a little embarrassed. Everyone knows that a true southerner would never associate the name of a place north of the Mason Dixon Line as their own.
But then again when Indy Dave is involved :90:

• Haha 2
Motorhead1977
8 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I would feel a little embarrassed. Everyone knows that a true southerner would never associate the name of a place north of the Mason Dixon Line as their own.

I always found it interesting that the Mason - Dixon line is the Western border of Delaware and the Southern border of Pennsylvania, some folks do seem to ignore the Western border of Delaware part even though that's how it was surveyed by Mason and Dixon  :whistle:

• Smile 1
9 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Well, there are no true southerners in Florida anymore.

• Like 1
taylor1
4 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Well, there are no true southerners in Florida anymore.

Yep   I think the whole south is filled with us yanks

• Smile 1