IGNORED

2024 Fall Appalichian Riding Tour (FART) Sept. 25-29 Natural Bridge, VA Hotel Registration Info

Indy Dave

GrrrBox

New to the group. Just booked my  reservations and looking forward to my first FART! 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, GrrrBox said:

New to the group. Just booked my  reservations and looking forward to my first FART! 

Welcome!! 

You’ll have a great time. 

Where are you riding from?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, GrrrBox said:

Thanks, I’ll be coming from the Atlanta area

Nice!   There is  significant group from the Atlanta area that attend.  

You will have good company.   You may want to keep an eye out for a K bike on the side of the road when you ride up.  It seems @Lowndes one of that crew likes to take "rest" stop along the way.   Please pick up any K bike parts you might see along the way. :3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
Boxflyer

@GrrrBox, I've got you on the schedule for Cam/Valve Service Tues afternoon.

Look forward to meeting you!

Brad

• Like 4

IN.  Dave (DBULL) and wife June 9/22-9/27 

Looking forward to being there

• Like 6
GrrrBox

Brad,

I’ll be riding up that Tuesday morning and I want to leave enough time for the engine to cool. How much time should I allow prior to servicing? Do you have a time preference for the afternoon appt? 

Ken

• Like 1
Boxflyer

@GrrrBox If you ride your bike in for the service, it takes 2 hours with my 18 inch fan blowing on the engine to cool down the core of the engine to 35°C/95°F for the dimensional accuracy needed to set the Cam Timing and check the Valve Clearance.  If the bike is already at the venue, and gets pushed up on the bike lift, it's ready to start work on.  There is a certain amount of prep work, like removing engine bars or panels, so that is done concurrently with cooling the engine, so it's not set in stone...but I use the laser thermometer to determine actual core engine temps before setting anything as critical as the cams or valves.

....so if you arrive mid to late morning, we can start cooling off your bike while I finish up the AM service appointment.

Brad

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
gamecock

Kathryn and I are IN. Arriving Thursday.

Thanks Dave for putting this together. Nice location. Love the Shenandoah Valley. 

• Like 8
Indy Dave
On 8/7/2024 at 2:00 PM, gamecock said:

Kathryn and I are IN. Arriving Thursday.

Thanks Dave for putting this together. Nice location. Love the Shenandoah Valley. 

Gotta say Andy - it's not an official event without you and Kathryn! :clap:

We're at 93 or so. :4316:   and remember - you can park for free! :4315:

It's time to get out of my Georgia Overdrive and shit into gear . . . But for now, a very, very brief look back at our last visit to Natural Bridge:

• Like 4

Is there an updated list of attendees?  I looked through the posts and didn’t see one or I missed it.  

The very first post on the thread has the list of attendees, which may or may not be up to date, yet.   Yet.   :burnout:

• Plus 1 1
  • Haha 1
Indy Dave

Yet is the operative... Yours truly is off having fun with The Clean Living Hoosiers...

20240810_094215.thumb.jpg.f9734106a4bca281eed4e9a331b90908.jpg

IMG_5890.thumb.jpg.115969ba4e5aa206f8303034394448b9.jpg

20240810_123337.thumb.jpg.e3df6ee6c754d6afb5692b8f4efb403a.jpg

IMG_2618.thumb.jpg.2324d0a045513909e48007d440bc840c.jpg

• Like 8
  • Plus 1 1
Indy Dave
21 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Hoosiers for sure ….. clean living? image.png.01e0155e6eb4e61f4228e1ae0bf9788f.png

Hey - We parked for free!

• Like 2
  • Smile 1

If anyone is showing up on a gen 1 XR and needs a service manual I'd be happy to bring and hand off my Mark's manual to a good home at no charge. 

• Like 2
Indy Dave
26 minutes ago, AppFan said:

If anyone is showing up on a gen 1 XR and needs a service manual I'd be happy to bring and hand off my Mark's manual to a good home at no charge. 

Spoken for!

XR Russ and Don from Indy both have gen1 XR's and would share the manual. Don isn't going to be at FART due to scheduled touring in Germany on vintage bikes. But they have asked me to claim that for them.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

Spoken for!

XR Russ and Don from Indy both have gen1 XR's and would share the manual. Don isn't going to be at FART due to scheduled touring in Germany on vintage bikes. But they have asked me to claim that for them.

Perfect!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AppFan said:

Perfect!

How about those Charlotte guys !! 

way to go Joe! 

I'm late to the game but it's better to be late then not be there at all.  I'm in the Veranda and will be checking in on Tuesday.  I will be in Marshall VA for Sunday & Monday before riding down to Natural Bridge.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  

• Like 8
Indy Dave
6 hours ago, JSCOTT said:

I'm late to the game but it's better to be late then not be there at all.  I'm in the Veranda and will be checking in on Tuesday.  I will be in Marshall VA for Sunday & Monday before riding down to Natural Bridge.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  

Not late at all (we have the rate until the 21st), thrilled to have to join us again. 
:clap:

• Like 2

I plan on attending the FART. I will be rooming with Chris K. My knee is healing nicely and the physical terrorists and doing their job. I have made the flexibility goals, now I am working on getting the strength back.  

• Like 9
11 minutes ago, Foot said:

I plan on attending the FART. I will be rooming with Chris K. My knee is healing nicely and the physical terrorists and doing their job. I have made the flexibility goals, now I am working on getting the strength back.  

Awesome!  Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing you in Natural Bridge.

• Like 1
Boxflyer
19 minutes ago, Foot said:

Does this mean that you will have a new user name in the future???

KNEE-FOOT, maybe, FOOT-KNEE, or are you expecting additional repairs in the future to some other body part...like your TOE or HIP?

Alan, we need to see positive progress at FART!

Brad

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3

I’ll be coming in on Wednesday 9/25/24.  Camping at the KOA just down the road. 

• Like 2
TSConver
37 minutes ago, tjsven said:

I’ll be coming in on Wednesday 9/25/24.  Camping at the KOA just down the road. 

That is where we are camping as well.  Grey Wolf Toy hauler and red Ram Cummins pulling it.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Boxflyer said:

Does this mean that you will have a new user name in the future???

KNEE-FOOT, maybe, FOOT-KNEE, or are you expecting additional repairs in the future to some other body part...like your TOE or HIP?

Alan, we need to see positive progress at FART!

Brad

My scar is really a racing stripe:3:

• Like 3
  • Smile 3
  • Haha 2
F16Viper68

My business trip to India was canceled, so I'm now booked to join everyone in Natural Bridge. Looking forward to seeing everyone.  According to the hotel, only four rooms are left, all in the Veranda.  If anyone decides to bail on this trip and has a reservation in the main hotel, please let me know so I can move to the main hotel.  

Much appreciated and see everyone in September!

Dave...

• Like 6
6 hours ago, F16Viper68 said:

My business trip to India was canceled, so I'm now booked to join everyone in Natural Bridge. Looking forward to seeing everyone.  According to the hotel, only four rooms are left, all in the Veranda.  If anyone decides to bail on this trip and has a reservation in the main hotel, please let me know so I can move to the main hotel.  

Dave...

Well ….. the cool kids are all in the Veranda 

:3:

Glad you’re making it!!

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1
Indy Dave
7 hours ago, F16Viper68 said:

Dave...

Dave - I know a guy who can get you into the main hotel. I think we have a few rooms left in our official block, but they have more rooms available for our use if needed..

Let me know 😉

Glad you can join us!

• Like 2
F16Viper68
9 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Dave - I know a guy who can get you into the main hotel. I think we have a few rooms left in our official block, but they have more rooms available for our use if needed..

Let me know 😉

Glad you can join us!

Dave - If I could get moved over to the main hotel that would be great! Anything you need from me?

Dave...

• Like 1
Indy Dave

The hotel has a little bit higher count, but here's who's warned us that they're coming (there are always some silent but deadly types in our midst) to FART in Natural Bridge.

There's still time for you to join us - the room block expires in 2 days wed, Aug 21st!! So act now to get FREE Shipping and Parking!

As of Aug 19th:

Whosgoingaug20fart2024sm.thumb.jpg.85c728fefae423374920926851b3f269.jpg

• Like 6
Indy Dave

You both are so nice  I listed you twice.

You both are so nice  I listed you twice.

... I think I had you then when Susan became eligible, I double dipped you.

• Haha 2
Indy Dave

Lord knows Team Indy is under represented this Fall.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
Indy Dave
23 minutes ago, Wait Apex said:

I’m in arriving Wednesday. George Nolan also attending. 

You're #40. I'll get George added, thanks!

• Like 1
Indy Dave

Added: Indy George #12, who is now in the FRONT ROW - just below Bob Uecker :spittake:

Whosgoingaug20fart2024sm.thumb.jpg.85c728fefae423374920926851b3f269.jpg

• Like 1
BruinsFan

Well I dang sure been dreading having to make this decision but its time I reckon. Due to my Pop having some heart issues, I've decided it be best to cancel my FART'ing activities this year. His heart Doc said it was too risky to install anymore stints, so this Friday he'll have a meeting to discuss and plan ECP Therapy. Lord willin, I'll be able to see errbody in April next year. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2