IGNORED

2024 Fall Appalichian Riding Tour (FART) Sept. 25-29 Natural Bridge, VA Hotel Registration Info

Indy Dave

Off and running...Resized_20240922_082030_1727007667572.thumb.jpeg.9839a7674120e543169f1f0967c072b0.jpeg

Arrived at an undisclosed location...

20240922_185055.thumb.jpg.86b557ebf94ed9bb85e06fd8f6a6a6a0.jpg

See you all soon!

• Like 8

The Boxflyer Maintenance Trailer is setup and we have already completed the first tire change and a 1250 Cam Timing/Valve Check/Adaptive Values Reset. 

The onsite COFFEE MESS station is brewing the first large urn of the week!

What a great CREW of early birds!

Looking forward to seeing everyone, whether it’s your first ART or you have been to previous events. 

Brad

IMG_0766.jpeg

• Like 9

If y'all aren't watching the weather, the forming hurricane Helene may wreck my FART plans..........

Fingers crossed:dontknow:

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

the forming hurricane Helene

It aint looking good   Fingers crossed for y'all

• Thanks 1
Just now, taylor1 said:

It aint looking good   Fingers crossed for y'all

I'll be watching the models today as it is forming fast...... only one has it hitting Mobile, I'll know more tomorrow afternoon.

Stresspuppy

If you start now, maybe you can out run the storm...  although it looks like it might rain for FART too. :classic_angry:

4 minutes ago, Stresspuppy said:

If you start now, maybe you can out run the storm...  although it looks like it might rain for FART too. :classic_angry:

Oh yeah, I can out run it but I may have to help my neighbors get storm shields on and do other prep.

You're right about it "dampening" up north as well........:dontknow:   Time will tell.

1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

I'll be watching the models today as it is forming fast...... only one has it hitting Mobile

Keep an eye on the European models. They seem to do a much better job on forecasting hurricane paths. I don't know why  :dontknow:

• Plus 1 1
2 hours ago, S.O.B. said:

I like European models. 

1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

:5273:

So long as they're not tall models.  The taller models ergonomics just aren't right for me.  The lowered height models are a better fit, inseam is an important factor when choosing the right model so you can get the correct ride height,....shouldn't have your feet dangling above when you're trying to get solid footing.

• Like 1

Current forecasts looking like it will come into the panhandle of FL and be over Atlanta on Friday and turn towards midwest and be to Illinois by Saturday.

Weather.com has rain in Natural Bridge everyday as a chance.  It is what it is. 

Like as a SM we would tell our boy scouts, weather will be provided.

• Like 2
John Ranalletta
22 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Yup. I'm loading up in the morning and taking two days to get there by wed afternoon.

See y'all then.

We're heading out Weds AM for a late afternoon arrival for the duration.

• Like 3
BerettaRacer

I was a mile S of Little Switzerland on the BRP, just started to rain, but huge droplets. Made the mad dash to the hotel just as the real downpour started.

Here for the night. 

• Like 2

Made it to Charleston, WV this afternoon.  Be at the Hotel by lunch tomorrow. Have an appt to change out the TPMS on both wheels tomorrow afternoon. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Stresspuppy said:

Some seriously early birds!

I feel like a slacker cause I'm still working tomorrow and Wed.    But I'm so close I could be there in 3 hours if I wanted to.  Or 4.

• Like 4
Bill Murray

I have had to cancel attending due to a family matter that has come up. I look forward to seeing some of you at the October SECFF luncheon (wherever Bernie decides to take us). Have fun and ride safely guys!

Bill Murray

• Sad 2

I park for FREE!!!20240923_180226.thumb.jpg.6b3ea99a7edbe788b44c34f0a665a6ae.jpg

20240923_180431.thumb.jpg.7f84f9e03d797c364d95686f7828cdd7.jpg

The sun is peaking out and I've had my coffee and juice. Time to make the wheels on the bike go round and round! :yes:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1

This is the second trip in 3 weeks Ive had to cancel due to hurricanes..  Bummer!

I was already on my way, and "Helene" jumped up rather suddenly.  My daughter in Dunedin FL plans on bugging out and coming here Wednesday thru Friday.

So, I turned around this morning and came back home.

Please give my dinner to someone.

• Sad 6
28 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

This is the second trip in 3 weeks Ive had to cancel due to hurricanes.

That really sucks John

We are out as well.  Went to get my camper and I cannot get to it due to mud.  Had an inch of rain this morning and the road to it is muddy and flooded.  With another several inches coming from the hurricane I do not think I could get it back into storage after we get back if I got it out of storage tomorrow.  

Will miss the event, this is the first miss since Maggie Valley.  

Give our dinners to someone as well.

• Sad 2
Stresspuppy

How's the weather and riding? I'm heading in tonight and hoping there aren't too many raindrops along the way. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Stresspuppy said:

How's the weather and riding? I'm heading in tonight and hoping there aren't too many raindrops along the way. 

Weather and riding are great today, after a mildly damp early morning.

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 2

I am affraid I am going to have to sit this one out also.  We live in the remote mountains of western NC and they are calling for heavy rain and high winds from the hurricane here.  It has already been raining here heavy all day  and things are starting to get pretty soggy and the bad stuff is still a day and a half away.  I dont want the leave my wife here by herself in case something goes wrong.  See you guys in the spring at START.  

• Sad 1
F16Viper68

I’m sitting in a hotel with the family in Pensacola, FL. We evacuated the Tallahassee area since this thing seems to have a lock on us and will now land as a Cat-4.  

I was up in Wilmington,NC on Monday and decided it was best for me to return home asap.  Good call on my part.  

See you at START 2025.  

Dave…

• Sad 4
27 minutes ago, F16Viper68 said:

I’m sitting in a hotel with the family in Pensacola, FL. We evacuated the Tallahassee area since this thing seems to have a lock on us and will now land as a Cat-4.  

I was up in Wilmington,NC on Monday and decided it was best for me to return home asap.  Good call on my part.  

See you at START 2025.  

Dave…

Sorry to hear this, definitely the right call on the evacuation. 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

Remember to sign up for pizza at The Boxflyer Compound before you head out on you ride today!

• Like 2
F16Viper68
11 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Hunker down, @F16Viper68!!   Hopefully, we will see you next month at SECFF lunch.

Oh I'll be there.  I need to take the new to me RT out for a long ride.  The R1250GS did great up to NC and back.  

• Like 3

At 2pm in the JEFFERSON room, Gene and Neda will be sharing all about their 6 years (and growing) on the road and dirt doing moto travel and adventures. If I may say so myself - they are pretty deficient when it comes to BackRoad Bumbling. So my fellow Bumbling BackRoad Riders™ have THAT going for us, which is nice.

@lightcycle

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
RandyShields
On 9/25/2024 at 6:27 PM, APDDave said:

I am affraid I am going to have to sit this one out also.  We live in the remote mountains of western NC and they are calling for heavy rain and high winds from the hurricane here.  It has already been raining here heavy all day  and things are starting to get pretty soggy and the bad stuff is still a day and a half away.  I dont want the leave my wife here by herself in case something goes wrong.  See you guys in the spring at START.  

Resized_20221209_195228.jpeg

• Like 1
RandyShields

Lost my reply but kept the photo of you pulling up next to Foot and Shannon, when she thought she was getting busted. Sorry you couldn't make it. Wanted to meet you after our jacket transaction. Hope the storm went through quickly with minimal impact.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

At 2pm in the JEFFERSON room, Gene and Neda will be sharing all about their 6 years (and growing) on the road and dirt doing moto travel and adventures. If I may say so myself - they are pretty deficient when it comes to BackRoad Bumbling. So my fellow Bumbling BackRoad Riders™ have THAT going for us, which is nice.

@lightcycle

Thank you to Gene and Neda @lightcycle for the informative seminar this afternoon at FART 2024. I am very glad to have run into you guys and happy you joined us at FART 2024. 

• Like 1

Plus 1, Bernie.   It was a very energenic conversation/presentation.   A highly entertaining encounter.   5 / 5 rating, will attend again!

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
lightcycle

Thanks guys, we had a lot of fun talking and reminiscing about our trip!

So glad we bumped into you all!!!

• Like 4
F16Viper68

We made it home today and found while the power was out (back after 18 hours off) the house is fine! Lots of tree and yardwork but all that will be knocked out this weekend.  I hope everyone is safe and able to get some riding in the past few days. 

Dave...

• Like 4