IGNORED

ipod

mophead

mophead

Have an original ipod (120/160gb) that is not recognized when plugged into the usb port.  I music plays fine off the phone but would like to use the ipod occasionally.  Possible? 

The only connection you have on a shiftcam is Bluetooth. If your iPod does have it and it is not one of the very early versions, you could try pairing it to the bike. It will nock out your phone though if that is paired. The bike can only handle one connection at the time. Need to change the device manually to use something else next time.

wbw6cos

mophead, what model bike do you have?

2019 - 2020 Shift Cam RT's have a USB in the right hand compartment for music files that can be played though the speakers.

You might have to transfer those files to a newer version of the iPod.

Skywagon

Mopdhead... a couple of thoughts....and I'll preface with I'm not sure I'm correct.  I think the bike will only play MP 4 files.  I don't know the format of the original Ipod.  I know my bike won't play .wav music files.

Try this if you can.  Copy your music from your Ipod to a thumb drive. Plug the thumb drive in the USB port and see if it works.  I use a thumb drive on my bike. If that doesn't work, look at the format.  If not MP 4, then you likely need to convert it to MP4.

I didn't read this entire page but I think there is some help from Apple on how to convert the files.  There are many file converters on line that will ask you to download their software.  Personally I won't download software from anyone other than a reputable source.

Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

I'm not a big audiophile tech, so perhaps someone on here under the age of 15 can chime in :grin:

mophead

Sorry, forgot to include bike.  2022 R1250RT.  Had a 2018 Goldwing and its menu would let you choose between Carplay and Ipod so could use the old ipod whenever for some different music.  Same usb hookup on both bikes.  Language difference between Japanese and German I guess.

I need the Rednecktooth version.

• Like 2