IGNORED

Tires

joeb

Any thoughts on the Continental Road Attack 4 tires ? I've been happy with the Meztler Road Tec 01. But they are out of stock for months. The Conti are just a few dollars less than the Michelin Road 6.

Skywagon

My experience is old so may not apply anymore. My 2014RT came with Conti Attacks. The grip was so bad, I took them off at 1500 miles. The rear wheel would step out easily… and scary. 

I have that model tire on my truck and they’ve been very good. 

Wait for someone here who has more recent ones to update performance. 

Thanks.its always been my opinion that spinning in circles is for helicopters, not motorcycles. 

Bruno From Québec

I had the Continentals on my bike. The front cupped badly and got so loud I changed them early.

I am now on my second set of Bridgestone Battlax T32 GT. At 7000 miles, cupping is quite good and they barely make any noise.

Dave_in_TX

Since these are for a GS, I can recommend Conti Trail Attacks, Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires, or my current favorite of a Conti Trail Attack front witha Pirelli Trail rear.

1 hour ago, Bruno From Québec said:

I had the Continentals on my bike. The front cupped badly and got so loud I changed them early.

I am now on my second set of Bridgestone Battlax T32 GT. At 7000 miles, cupping is quite good and they barely make any noise.

Thanks for the info

11 minutes ago, Dave_in_TX said:

Since these are for a GS, I can recommend Conti Trail Attacks, Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires, or my current favorite of a Conti Trail Attack front witha Pirelli Trail rear.

Since I ride mostly on the street I think I'd better stick with road only tires. Had a set of Michelin Tourance on one time and was treated to a Marc Marquez spin/save maneuver.  Back end came around 160° , started to stand itself up then decided to start heading in original direction, but not until it tried high siding me first. Hung on for dear life and when I came back down ( chest on the tank ) I noticed I was pointing sorta in the right direction.  Kept on going. When finally stopped my bud said that looked really impressive so of course I had to play it cool and simply stated " my mirrors were vibrating so bad I had to turn around to see how you were doing ". 

Yup, I'll stick with road only tires.

Dave_in_TX
2 hours ago, joeb said:

Since I ride mostly on the street I think I'd better stick with road only tires. Had a set of Michelin Tourance on one time and was treated to a Marc Marquez spin/save maneuver.  Back end came around 160° , started to stand itself up then decided to start heading in original direction, but not until it tried high siding me first. Hung on for dear life and when I came back down ( chest on the tank ) I noticed I was pointing sorta in the right direction.  Kept on going. When finally stopped my bud said that looked really impressive so of course I had to play it cool and simply stated " my mirrors were vibrating so bad I had to turn around to see how you were doing ". 

Yup, I'll stick with road only tires.

I have had "riad only" Roadsmart IV tires on my GS and prefer the Trail Attack or Pirelli Tr a il for pavement use. As 90/10 tires, those are basically sport touring tires for adventure bikes.

I'm also a pavement only rider.

15 minutes ago, Dave_in_TX said:

I have had "riad only" Roadsmart IV tires on my GS and prefer the Trail Attack or Pirelli Tr a il for pavement use. As 90/10 tires, those are basically sport touring tires for adventure bikes.

I'm also a pavement only rider.

Appreciate the info.