IGNORED

Sneak Peek 2025 GSA

TEWKS

roadscholar

I've had every version of GS, PD, and ADV (including 650's and 800's) from the mid 80's to the WC bikes, they're all different and unique in their own way. This falls in line with that pattern..

• Like 1
9Mary7
3 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Pat, if they threw you the key FOB and said "here, keep it."   Would you?

Hide contents

Yeah, me too.   :ohboy:

You guys are Ho's.....straight up.:rofl:

• Haha 3
Bernie

This new R1300GSA has its own spare tire carrier! Wow, BMW that's a neat idea. 
IMG_1775.thumb.jpeg.1b0365f74317139277971de7058e7c43.jpeg

• Thinking 1
  • Confused 1
Rougarou
17 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Pat, if they threw you the key FOB and said "here, keep it."   Would you?

Hide contents

Yeah, me too.   :ohboy:

If someone threw me the keys to a running Yugo, Id keep it, doesn’t mean Id like it, but free is free😁😁

IMG_1775.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Rougarou
1 hour ago, Bernie said:

This new R1300GSA has its own spare tire carrier! Wow, BMW that's a neat idea. 
IMG_1775.thumb.jpeg.1b0365f74317139277971de7058e7c43.jpeg

For those Starbucks parking lot tire changes

• Haha 1
81delorean
31 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

If someone threw me the keys to a running Yugo, Id keep it, doesn’t mean Id like it, but fee is free😁😁

That's they only way I would get a Yugo. You seen the prices of one of those in decent shape nowadays? 

31 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

For those Starbucks parking lot tire changes

BMW is thinking about your parking lot struggles. A coffee table while you pretend to change your worn out tires. :spittake:

IMG_0787.thumb.jpeg.825b56c7c49f2d80ce9cffa9f805f4c1.jpeg

Tough to tell in this picture but, Richard should know what this accessory is. 
IMG_0788.thumb.jpeg.210c3b381951db44e79111b969983ff6.jpeg

Rougarou
49 minutes ago, 81delorean said:

That's they only way I would get a Yugo. You seen the prices of one of those in decent shape nowadays? 

its still a Yugo😁

Rougarou
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

BMW is thinking about your parking lot struggles. A coffee table while you pretend to change your worn out tires. :spittake:

IMG_0787.thumb.jpeg.825b56c7c49f2d80ce9cffa9f805f4c1.jpeg

Tough to tell in this picture but, Richard should know what this accessory is. 
IMG_0788.thumb.jpeg.210c3b381951db44e79111b969983ff6.jpeg

Holster, scabbard??  cant really tell

18 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Holster, scabbard??  cant really tell

I think you guys called them an E Tool.

Rougarou
57 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I think you guys called them an E Tool.

oh, geesh, my eyes be bad

whatcha need that in a starbucks parking lot:dontknow:

• Smile 1

Image, it’s all about the image. :read: Actually, it could come in handy at a campground I guess. :dontknow: More so a remote one more likely. 

My artistry is very weak today but I think a matte black finish on this offending panel might go a long way. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.ad110587317c2f6bf8626a11d377baf0.jpeg

roadscholar

They're offering a black version with or w/o gold wheels.

P90556783_highRes_bmw-r-1300-gs-advent.jpg

P90556786_highRes_bmw-r-1300-gs-advent.jpg

oooh, and green.

2025-BMW-R-1300-GS-Adventure-71.jpg

I like red too, with the bags on, compliments the tank panels

BMW_R_1300_GS_Adventure_1720249641572_1720249725266.jpg

• Like 1
Rougarou

Looks like those panels are a big modern electric bike battery

Zero-Motorcycles-Zero-FXS-Electric-Motor

• Like 1

Same kind of talk over at adv on how to unfug the new GSA.

Slightly better than my effort. :spittake:

IMG_0794.jpeg.9f144181f425ec63d378aadc18f6b9ad.jpeg

IMG_0792.thumb.jpeg.b450144cd75efc7b8a21faefce1b1c5a.jpeg

• Like 1
mickeym3

Definitely going to help the 1250 GSA’s get off the showroom floor…

• Like 1

What’s the opinion on this ASA system? (Automated Shift Assistant) My understanding is there are two modes a manual and an automatic. Manual, you foot shift as normal except there’s no clutch. Auto, the bike shifts up & down by itself. Ride modes will change shift points depending on what was selected. 

Here’s my thought, if it was a Honda Africa Twin, a DCT would be my choice no doubt. Reason, it’s something different and it’s been proven. I wonder if BMW will get this right on the first try, I have my doubts which makes me hesitant to be an early adopter of this new system. :dontknow:

image.jpeg.626c87c3421c59f18b543acf5d12ab43.jpeg

roadscholar

Go for it, just sell it when the warranty runs out. 

• Like 1
roadscholar

To add, four of our CADS guys have AT’s with it, they’ll never go back.They're all long distance riders and off road experts.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, roadscholar said:

To add, four of our CADS guys have AT’s with it, they’ll never go back.

I could see that happening. :thumbsup:

• Plus 1 1
Rougarou

Let's just drag $30k worth of bike around

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

The sacrificial lamb to save others… :dontknow: There are more meaningful quotes out there I’m sure but, I’m in a hurry, gym time. 💪

Hank in WV

It would seem they're going to have to invest in some more durable white paint.  :4322:

• Like 1

I’m still kinda throwing up in my mouth just a bit when trying to convince my brain that this new GSA is ruggedly handsome. :classic_biggrin: 
If I can’t get that done, plan B might be a regular R1300 GS in TB of course. My question is this, will BMW make the new Adventure Luggage adaptable to the standard GS? Crazy expensive I’m sure. The unknown is the new case holders/brackets, will they bolt up to the “different” subframe on the standard GS? :dontknow:

IMG_0798.thumb.png.b32c7372c8c48ee0235c59a76ecc271a.png

roadscholar
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I’m still kinda throwing up in my mouth just a bit when trying to convince my brain that this new GSA is ruggedly handsome. :classic_biggrin: 
If I can’t get that done, plan B might be a regular R1300 GS in TB of course. My question is this, will BMW make the new Adventure Luggage adaptable to the standard GS? Crazy expensive I’m sure. The unknown is the new case holders/brackets, will they bolt up to the “different” subframe on the standard GS? :dontknow:

IMG_0798.thumb.png.b32c7372c8c48ee0235c59a76ecc271a.png

If history is any indication, the luggage will be proprietary to that model, the Adv version has an image (and functionality) to protect, don't want to dilute it by offering those bags on a standard GS. And being the flagship of the line they can charge almost whatever and know most of their clientele will pay. As far as throwing up IYM I'd at least wait until you see one in person then give it a little time to digest.  It'll look different in three dimensions, I'll vote for better but who knows.

• Thanks 1

First look at the DCT um ASA Transmission in slow speed action.

wbw6cos

Guessing @9Mary7 could put a little more lean in that u-turn maneuvering utilizing some sort of technique, eh?   :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

It’s gotta be shocking to BMW that their flagship motorcycle is being rejected all over the world. :facepalm: But like Bill said, you have to wait and see it before making final judgment on it. I do see some of the YouTubers that have seen it and they’ve been mostly positive replies. :dontknow:

roadscholar

Beauty doesn't always have to mean flowing artistic lines pleasing to the eye, function is at least as important when evaluating a machine with a particular purpose. Some weapons and many modern race cars aren't that pretty but are very effective. That's part of it with the new GSA but it's two-fold, they're also going after riders that want to be on the biggest, baddest GS yet, if I were still in the market I'd be all over it : )

• Like 3

BMW needs to hire some designers from Ducati or some other brand because I need to feel good when I open the garage door and see what's inside. Right now, I feel like throwing up looking at many BMW designs across their cars and bikes.

2 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Beauty doesn't always have to mean flowing artistic lines pleasing to the eye, function is at least as important when evaluating a machine with a particular purpose. Some weapons and many modern race cars aren't that pretty but are very effective. That's part of it with the new GSA but it's two-fold, they're also going after riders that want to be on the biggest, baddest GS yet, if I were still in the market I'd be all over it : )

I'ma function over form kinda guy and that new GSA ain't a purty ride, but if it works gooder than previous ones, I'm good with that,.....but it ain't purty.  A Jeep ain't exactly purty or a good looking vehicle,.....it's a box or brick shaped vehicle, square lines,.....but it's function is excellent.

• Plus 1 1
roadscholar
On 9/16/2024 at 3:49 PM, AviP said:

Right now, I feel like throwing up looking at many BMW designs across their cars and bikes.

IMG_2606.jpeg.06322b036ffd6445c58d2d363b39b70a.jpeg

IMG_2607.jpeg.fcabccfcbc269601b3b97a8071133065.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

BMW could absolutely build something functional AND attractive at the same time. They just don't have the right people in charge to do that now. I consider my R1250R nice, but the headlight (shaped like a baboon's a$$) ruined its chance to be considered pretty. Ha ha. The new GS is not horrible, but looks weird to me. I'd also consider function over form, like I've always done, but the cosmetic side is also important to a lot of folks, so you need to have that too (in addition to function), to be more successful in the marketplace. We'll see how it does a year from now.

roadscholar
1 hour ago, JCtx said:

but the cosmetic side is also important to a lot of folks, so you need to have that too (in addition to function), to be more successful in the marketplace.

They're actually making a bold move by separating the two models more than ever and creating two different markets. For those that want (relative) beauty get the standard, if you want the beast get the Adv, it's a marketing ploy, we'll see how it works.

fourteenfour
On 10/4/2024 at 1:36 AM, roadscholar said:

They're actually making a bold move by separating the two models more than ever and creating two different markets. For those that want (relative) beauty get the standard, if you want the beast get the Adv, it's a marketing ploy, we'll see how it works.

So the excuse for the new RT is to drive more sales to the GT?   :)