IGNORED

Major DART Announcement

Mike

First, please make sure to register if you think you may be attending:

*The event really is all about riding some fantastic roads, and enjoying time together with other similarly deranged souls, but we also understand that from time to time it may be necessary to do some amount of minor maintenance on your bike. If you would like to have tires shipped here, you can use the following address: 

13040 Borah Ridge Road

Prairie du Chien, WI 53821

*I have a modest collection of wrenches and screwdrivers (and hammers for those tough jobs), but if you need any specialized tools, you will have to bring them along.I just installed a No-Mar tire changer for those who need to change shoes. 

*Elon Musk will be providing internet access in the barn (Starlink).

*I have finalized the catering order for our Saturday evening meal, which will be served at the barn, and we will be using Ma’s Bakery, the famed eatery in Bloomington. 

I hope you’ll consider joining us!

IMG_3281.jpeg

• Like 4
Bluenoser

I'm really happy to see that NoMar pictured. I think the tires I have on will last thru the rally but maybe not. I'll be bringing 2 spares with me.

Brodiepunker18

I mean, I know I need a new front this year but figured I had enough for the summer…maybe I’ll bring my new one just in case…the whole, I’d rather have it and not need it bit. :dontknow::facepalm:

or was it—better safe than sorry? :5146:

:4607:

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Bluenoser said:

I'm really happy to see that NoMar pictured. I think the tires I have on will last thru the rally but maybe not. I'll be bringing 2 spares with me.

Sounds good. FYI, I have zero experience changing tires, but I know there are others who are experts who will be in attendance (Mitch Patrie comes to mind). 

Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, Mike said:

Sounds good. FYI, I have zero experience changing tires, but I know there are others who are experts who will be in attendance (Mitch Patrie comes to mind). 

I will have with me all the tools needed to remove/install tires on a late-model RT.  This means all the Torx-Plus bits, plus the axle tool:

image.png.678578cf60e025e29f046cdeab52d4b6.png

Mike, do you have regular Torx bits and/or hex bits there?  Those would be needed for older bikes.  Also, I seem to recall you have a torque wrench or two.  Can you confirm?  

2 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I will have with me all the tools needed to remove/install tires on a late-model RT.  This means all the Torx-Plus bits, plus the axle tool:

image.png.678578cf60e025e29f046cdeab52d4b6.png

Mike, do you have regular Torx bits and/or hex bits there?  Those would be needed for older bikes.  Also, I seem to recall you have a torque wrench or two.  Can you confirm?  

Yes, I have Torx and hex bits. And a cheapie torque wrench. 3/8” drive? Thanks, Mitch!

• Thanks 1
Brodiepunker18

Hey my bike isn’t older. It’s of a vintage age now. :3:

• Thanks 1
  • Mike unfeatured this topic