IGNORED

2024 UnRally Check In

MikeB60

MikeB60

Check in and let everyone know know you made it home. Also a great place to share your adventures in the Ozarks!

• Like 5
  • MikeB60 changed the title to 2024 UnRally Check In
Dennis Andress

Amarillo for the  night. Lots of fun getting here.

IMG_1647.jpeg

• Like 3
Dave_in_TX

I"m in Prairie Du Chien for the night. Had dinner with Mike Boomgarten (@Mike). Will make it to where my wife is staying by noon tomorrow

• Like 3
  • Indy Dave pinned and featured this topic
MikeB60

We got in around 10:00 last night. Had a great time and got in some great riding. We got in early Sunday morning and after having coffee with Bernie I unloaded the bikes and headed out on the GS for a ride. Took route 9 to Jasper for lunch. Good ride down nothing too technical lots of sweepers and arrived at the Ozark Cafe for lunch. The Sunday buffet was great!20240707_124538.thumb.jpg.c7bb1a57e43b0be9c9d9db84cff102cd.jpg

Took the return route to Eureka Springs and had a great time definitely more technical and some great views as well. The GS also took a little nap turning around in the gravel no photo on that!

20240707_133728.thumb.jpg.74706a3957cc27b1014975d3db7d7fbc.jpg

The following day DyAnne and I rode 2 up behind @Bernie and @Dennis Andress in trail. Can't remember which route but we stopped at the Ozark Cafe for breakfast. 20240708_082648.thumb.jpg.9d091ad340dda70fe439ff3e1a68e478.jpg

Got in a 240 mile ride before the rain started late afternoon. 

Rained until 11:00 or so Tuesday morning but the roads dried quickly and everyone got in a nice afternoon ride. I visited with my brother and sister in law till one or so and decided to take a short ride. @Brainfry was getting ready as well and we rode the Pig Trail down to Ozark. Got lucky on the ride back to Eureka Springs with the traffic and had the road to ourselves most of the way.

@Bernie and I departed the hotel at 0700 and rode 180 miles by 1030. Always fun chasing Bernie finally got him to stop before the GS ran out of fuel!20240710_104843.thumb.jpg.511e96b4eb4fdc3b4e2c8867a59e56da.jpg

DyAnne and took the RT a short ride Thursday to close out the rides during out UnRally. It was a great event The hotel made the event easy with regards to the meet and greet and our meal on Wednesday. Glad we decided to put together this year's UnRally and hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

• Like 9
23 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

The GS also took a little nap turning around in the gravel no photo on that!

It’s those damn gold wheels I tell ya! They hate gravel! :4323:

• Smile 1
MikeB60
6 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

It’s those damn gold wheels I tell ya! They hate gravel! :4323:

Must be! Good excuse anyways!

• Plus 1 1
  • Thinking 1
MikeB60

Might have something to do with me in a church parking lot as well!

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3
Chris K

Made it home around 9 PM last night. thanks to Mike and DyAnne for putting on a great UN!

• Like 5

Randy, Chris, and I made it to my house in Marietta GA at 7:10pm (local). We were only 10 minutes off our planned trip. Not bad for an 11-hour trip. Trailering and being in ac was definitely the way to go. We saw 100° on the way home. I hope it wasn't too brutal for those who rode.

Randy trailered the rest of the way home this morning.

Kudos to Mike and Dyanne for choosing such a great location, a great venue, and for putting on a really great event. Sad that more couldn't have attended, but I of course enjoyed the visiting with those who showed up. Kudos to all of them as well!

EDIT:  I forgot to mention ... thanks to Bernie for the routes! We enjoyed the choices!

Though I had some power issues with my GoPro, I got about 2-4 hours of video each day. Most of it shows how I couldn't keep up with Chris K and Randy :wave: but that's what I get for riding so infrequently the past few years. I hope the video captured some of the beautiful sights we saw. The riding was far better than I expected. So many well-engineered, well-paved roads. Fantastic sweepers and some nice twisties strewn about. Beautiful vistas. And until Thursday, almost no traffic. :bike:

I'll try to throw a video together to that gives a sense of the area. 

• Like 6
Brainfry

There’s no place like home. Except in the backwoods of Arkansas!

Thanks for making my first UnRally a great one. It was nice meeting and talking with all of you. I felt very welcomed.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the near future. 

Ride safe,

Ben

EDIT: Special thanks to Bernie for the route planning. I’d still be lost out there otherwise. 

IMG_4963.jpeg

Edited by Brainfry
  • Like 6
Dave_in_TX
41 minutes ago, Brainfry said:

There’s no place like home. Except in the backwoods of Arkansas!

Thanks for making my first UnRally a great one. It was nice meeting and talking with all of you. I felt very welcomed.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the near future. 

Ride safe,

Ben

IMG_4963.jpeg

Hopefully, we'ii see you at DART.

Just now walked into the house. What a great event. Thank you @MikeB60 and DyAnne for organizing this UnRally. I did see 100°F both days of my return trip. Not too many bikers out there. 

• Like 6
terryofperry

Home safely, stayed in Tupelo MS last night. Good to see everyone, been awhile for me. Big thanks to Mike and DyAnne for the event and Bernie for some awesome routing. wonderful hotel and excellent on site restaurant.

Terry

• Like 8
60Aviator
14 minutes ago, terryofperry said:

Home safely, stayed in Tupelo MS last night. Good to see everyone, been awhile for me. Big thanks to Mike and DyAnne for the event and Bernie for some awesome routing. wonderful hotel and excellent on site restaurant.

Terry

Ditto!

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1

Cyndy and I made it home late this afternoon, after our stopover night in Tupelo. Glad we decided not to try to make it in a day..! Not long after crossing into northern MS (from Helena AR), we noticed the trailer had developed a really bad bounce (very hard to distinguish from the bad roads there!). Finally stopped to check it out and the right tire was on the verge of disintegrating.. Made it too a tire shop just down the road in Oxford MS where we ended up buying two new tires.  The originals were only 4 years old  and looked in decent condition, but the heat just did them in! We were extremely lucky it didn't blow while travelling at highway speeds in the middle of nowhere. Kudos to the shop guys at Oxford Tires who got us in and out in less than 30 minutes on a Friday afternoon!

• Like 6
RandyShields
16 hours ago, TyTass said:

Randy trailered the rest of the way home this morning.

Easy drive back to Charlotte.  Unloaded the GS and returned the rental trailer.  Yes, with the hot weather, that made the to/from more enjoyable.

Thanks to Mike and DyAnne for organizing a wonderful event, and Bernie for some fantastic routes.  I was more impressed than I thought I would be with the nice curvy roads and lovely vistas.  And the Ozark Cafe was excellent!

Thanks also to Craig and Terri for the overnight accommodations and wonderful nosh and wine spread upon our arrival in Marietta.

RandyShields

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Dennis Andress

Winslow. One more day and a wake up. 
L1000598.jpeg

• Like 6
John Ranalletta

Home at last after a terrific visit with friends and a boating day on Table Rock Lake.  

Running near 90mph to keep up with traffic in MO & IL.

Thanks to everyone.  This smaller group format was very enjoyable.

• Like 5
Calvin  (no socks)

Just walked in the door.  We had continued out to a small town in Oklahoma for a day to visit a friend. My 2006 6.6 liter truck performed flawlessly through the twisted mountain roads hauling my 7,000lb Airstream. :grin:         I found some great trails for the Super Sherpa! Had a great time seeing everyone. Thanks to  Mike and Dyanne for all the work setting this up.   Thanking Bernie for the route work and door prizes. I'm already planning a trip out to Lee Vining next year...

• Like 8
Dennis Andress

Safely home. And it rained tonight!

Thanks to Mike and DyAnne for a fun filled UN. Thanks to Bernie for routes, routes, and more routes! I enjoyed meeting a bunch of cool people.

Until next time.

• Like 8

Safely home today.  Thanks Mike and DyAnne for a great UN, thanks Bernie for the routes and thanks to everyone else for making it fun.  9 days, 7 states and 3,600 miles.  Good trip in spite of the heat to and from.

• Like 8
BamaJohn

Home 5pm Sunday after a layover in Springfield MO Friday and Saturday nights.

The efforts of Mike/Dyanne/Bernie paid off in spades!  Thanks again for making it happen!

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Winslow. One more day and a wake up. 

Winslow? And no pics of you “standin’ on the corner” :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.6dd5901a1f2580ab0b959bf9965599e6.jpeg

• Smile 1
Dennis Andress
34 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Winslow? And no pics of you “standin’ on the corner” :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

Been there, done that. Found better things to do.

• Smile 2
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic
  • Dennis Andress locked and unlocked this topic