IGNORED

replacing TPMS with programable sensors

Shane J.

Shane J.

Since my Chinese knockoff sensor in the rear wheel died last year I had been riding with black tape over the warning light. Tape is now gone! Researching replacements led me to a new Schrader programmable sensor that has worked for both front and back wheel. The only real stumble I had was finding someone to program them to a "Saturn Astra, 2009". Turns out that they cannot be programmed with an Autel programming tool, but most other makes are compatible. I found a local tire dealer who did it in 2 minutes. Here are photos of the products I used. I bought the sensors and stems at O'Reilly auto Parts. the sensors were $38.99 each and the box of stems (service pack) was $43.99 (pack of four).

PXL_20240724_132041575.jpg

PXL_20240724_132036955.jpg

PXL_20240724_132030046.jpg

Uncle Brad

Did you enter the serial number of the new sensor into the RDC module using the GS-911 before enabling the sensor?    I started down the road of incorporating TPMS on my 2007 but had ordered the wrong rear sensor.  The chinese sensors i had bought both had serial numbers on them and using the MOTOSCAN app, i was able to overwrite the previously entered sensors.   I haven't gone any further with the integration but was wondering what your experience has been.  Did the display immediately indicate pressure once the local dealer enabled the sensor?  I've heard various stories and some have had their sensor begin indicating pressure after riding a number of miles without programming or enabling the sensors.   Cheers!

Shane J.

My GS911 picked them right up without manual entry. They then started indicating before I left the driveway.

• Like 1