IGNORED

Death Valley ‘24 November 15/ 17

mrduck

Time to invade Beatty Nevada again!

Always a good time,  with some great riding and desert scenery. Happy hour in the parking lot with the “usual suspects “ ……….and chili dogs from the Happy Burro is not to be missed

For those who’ve never been to this gathering of stellar individuals come on out, we’ll show you all the good stuff and remember “ what happens in Beatty, stays in Beatty!”

HQ at the luxurious Exchange club-make an old school phone call to them 775-553-2333. 

See ya there

• Like 5

Think I'll have a go.  Should I plan arriving Thursday night or Friday noon?  I'll be coming from Vegas (will visit my grandkids first)

Stirling

3 hours ago, hunter41 said:

Think I'll have a go.  Should I plan arriving Thursday night or Friday noon?  I'll be coming from Vegas (will visit my grandkids first)

Stirling

There will be some arriving  on Thursday, most of us get there sometime Friday afternoon………glad you’re coming!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Rambler358 said:

And does anyone know what the plan for Sat is yet?

Usually goes something like this……..lots of discussion at the Friday happy hour about where to go on Saturday, lots of great places to see……

no real official itinerary………let us know if you’ve not been there before, we’ll show ya the good stuff!

Rambler358
5 hours ago, mrduck said:

Usually goes something like this……..lots of discussion at the Friday happy hour about where to go on Saturday, lots of great places to see……

no real official itinerary………let us know if you’ve not been there before, we’ll show ya the good stuff!

I’ve been to Death Valley a few times, and seen Artists Drive, the haunted opera house - kind of did a DV loop covering those things and others. So not sure what you guys have done.

@mrduck FYI, I called the Exchange Club to make reservations and mentioned I will be with a motorcycle group if that makes any difference.  She said a motorcycle guy made a request today to set up a group rate for those days and it is pending mgmt approval.   If that was you , great!  if not, we may have other motorcycles in the lot and a little competition for rooms.  Either way, thinking I am good waiting until next week to reserve.

I am quite familiar with Death Valley (3 rides through it in last 5 years, with the last earlier this year) so I'll be happy with any routes.  Looking forward to chili dogs and some chat with the "stellar individuals" mentioned above!

Looks like the Thursday Kernville meeting is happening, November 14, don’t miss this one!

Good food, Kern Brewery next door, and probably Sherman Pass on the way out
(760) 615-0416 phone number for the Kern Lodge…..

IMG_1731.jpeg

• Like 1

Booked at the Exchange Club.  Definitely mention the BMW motorcycle group when you make the reservation.  Girl on the phone said we had a group rate.  $85 (before taxes) a night vs $99 a night listed on their website for same dates.

• Plus 1 1
  • BrianT featured this topic

Confirming IN.  Booked at the Kern Lodge and the Exchange Club.  Decided to visit my grandkids in Vegas on the tail end of trip vs the beginning so I can join in at Kernville.

IN Baby! Happy to see Mikko on the IN list!  Booked the Exchange Club already.......they put me in the Brian Twiss Group :18:  I must be important.

Could not find a working number for the Kern Lodge, ended up booking online.  Looking forward to a Frito Chili Dog at the Happy Burro! Nearly 2 months to get the bike prepped and farkled.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'ma try like hell... 

I feel like "whether rain sleet hail snow" from where I live now. If I show up in a jeep, no one says anything!  :90:

Make sure you give them the BMWST info...They ran the charge at 99.00 the first time. I had to call back and correct, even though I told them the first time. Each night charge with the group rate (king) should be $92.65/night.